Of Angels and Magic

Ceridwen definately knows (she seems to actually be taking a much more active role in destroying it than he is. She was the one who let Tebryn live again in order to bring the End.), but I'm less sure about the others.

We don't really know for sure if they will perish with creation, or if they could really destroy creation at all. I think the main point in destroying creation is to force The One to admit he was wrong. The One may very well intervene to stop them, but it has been said that the corruption was too great for him to be able to rid creation of it without destroying everything himself. I think that Agares really wants The One to destroy creation, just as he hmself destroyed Nyx, to prove that The One is no better than he is.

In general, agares and his followers just want to hurt those they hate as much as they possibly can. In this they become very shortsighted (since Mammon isn't doing his original job) and do not act in their own long term best interest. They may know they are helping to destroy creation and thence themselves, but they do not care about that nearly as much as making sure others don't win.

Magister: I could see Bambur being from an early human generation, except for the fact that he is apparently the only one of them left.

The rest could have died violent deaths. I Imagine the Underhome is full of all sorts of weird monsters.

The more I think about it the more I can't understand Bambur. He is by far the oldest mortal on Erebus -- one of only four heroes to antedate the Age of Rebirth, and probably older than every leader except Os-Gabella and the angels. Either as one of the first-generation humans or "one of the few remaining" original dwarves, why is he still alive, and why aren't any people his age alive -- aside from a few other "remaining" original dwarves, who are quite evidently not important. Why is he important? Because he wrote the Tablets/is a great blacksmith? Why isn't he more prominent then? Why doesn't he lead a dwarven faction? Where was he in the Age of Ice -- in the Underhome or among the Open-Skiers? Did all the other original dwarves die off in the Age of Ice? And how long can Bambur expect to live? Will he be immortal?

Is oghma male or Female, and who's his/her's archangel?

Although I had long assumed female, Kael revealed Oghma is male. His archangel is Embarr, "Imagination"

I think that only Sirona, Bhall, Kilmorph, and Ceridwen are female.

Edit: oh yeah, Nantosuelta too. I thought I was forgetting one.

Although we tend to associate fertility/birth with females, Amathaon has been specifically stated as being male.

It was definitely Nantosuelta and not Sirona that was in love with Sucellus. The god whom Sirona most loved was Agares, before his fall. While all the other good gods hate him, she still loves him (although certainly not his actions) and believes he can be redeemed.

Isn't Nantosuelta female? I think it was mentioned that she was in love with Succellus, or was that Sirona?

Anyways, there aren't many goddesses in the Erebusian pantheon.

I think Amathaon might be female since butterflies are the embodiment of hhis/her thoughts. Unless it's already been said that one is male.

Ya, I also thought Oghma was female. Just something about it.

Ya, I also thought Oghma was female. Just something about it.

It's the -a :)
It's more than likely that Oghma is inspired by Oghma from the Forgotten Realms setting.

It's the -a :)
It's more than likely that Oghma is inspired by Oghma from the Forgotten Realms setting.
Quite possible, since FfH is based on Kael's long-running D&D campaign. However, he has also mentioned that he wanted to use names from lesser known mythologies (Greek, Norse, and Egyptian being overused) and so the original inspiration might have been Ogma.

Edit 1: Or the source might be Ogmios

(The original Celtic deity was probably the inspiration for the Forgotten Realms deity as well.)

I'm fairly sure the inspiration (at least for the name) was from the Celtic diety. But also the general theme is very fitting. IIRC, Kael came up with most of his names on his lonesome, althought they coincide with various other RPGs and D&D settings.

Is it just me not paying attention, or was Dimmestional Magic Removed temporaraly? As in, its still gone.

Is it just me not paying attention, or was Dimmestional Magic Removed temporarily? As in, its still gone.

Kael didn't think it was worth keeping as it only had 1 spell. It was removed when the sorcery and summoning were merged. He said he will add it back if he (or we) come up with good, flavorful, and balanced spells for the second and third level spells.

I guess he didn't think my proposals were balanced enough. In my modmod I'm adding it back. Level 1 will again be Escape, level 2 will create a temporary Obsidian Gate (I'm probably removing the Obsidian Gates, The Nexus, and Pass Through the Ether), and level 3 summons a paradropping transport unit. All 3 grant a promotion to summons, which boosts the summons duration. (I'm removing the Summoning Trait too. The duration changes are the biggest reason I need to wait for xienwolf to update his xml modcomp for me to release my modmod.)

Does choas mana still randomly mutate? It's got no listed passive effect.

I think it still does. Saw it happen to a worker once.

Anyways, regarding Dimensional magic and Creation magic, the entries for them are still there in the xml, at least in the FFH2 game text. It's just invisible in the game. Whether or not Kael left them there intentionally or simply forgot about it, I have no idea.

Top Bottom