Off Topic - NWN, Dragon Age (and other RPG) discussion be here

Ahwaric

Shrubbery-hugger
Ok, as bug thread got hijacked by DA and NWN discussion (my fault, should not mention it ;) ) I decided to start this one here to keep bug thread for bugs.

I know it is Civilization/miodding/FfH/Orbis subforum. But as orbis is a fantasy mod and I am a fan of both NWN and DA, I think we can discuss it here as well.
Most FfH-family mods steal a lot from RPG games anyway, maybe something constructive will come out of it.

I mentioned it once so I guess I need to do it. If you are curious (and are registered bioware forums user), here is my profile.
http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?game=dragonage1_pc&nid=2302045032

Nice character :)
I saw you are at 66 hours already! Wow. I'm at 20 hours or so and I can't believe I put so much time in it already. Flows real quick! :crazyeye:

It's a really good game methinks. Just cleared the Circle of Magi quest and
Spoiler :
I really liked the whole subquest in the Fade... with the forms and all. Very good.
Some favorite characters already? Mine is Alistair, period. Quite funny and I like his face! Plus he saved many of my battles...

For the record, I'm playing a Noble Warrior Dwarf called Duran. He's a dual-wielding warrior ;)

I'm sure it's a good game. Perhaps I'll even play it through after I finished modding it. :D

Toolset is so addictive. It's NWN2 all over again. But with snazzy graphics.

Dungeons and Dragons Online is awesome and free

Should I buy DA? if so what platform? (PC?)

I hated that subquest in Fade ... damn maze :D

Yeah, and i'm playing as Dalish Marksman Warrior .. :D ... my favorite is Morrigan, "And what next? We're gonna save kittens from trees? Oh, lovely.", and with Claudia Black's voice - amazing :D

DA is for PC, XBOX and PS3

Hehe, here comes the hater!!! :D

I mean, seriously. NwN2 is mostly terrible in terms of Dungeon/story building, ask any proficient dungeon master. Dragon Age is mediocre, because it has all events prescripted. It's nice with all those options and stuff, animators and script writers did a good job, but they are the same any time you play with a character through a specific route.

NwN 1, for that matter, after Hordes of Underdark, had a huge amount of tools and developed scripts to hold a great amount of good campaigns. Hell yeah, it still does, but the online is small and dungeon masters start to fade out with time.

Well, here's my opinion. Just a personal matter, so don't judge too rough.

Here I be.
http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?nid=2300586690&game=dragonage

I beat the game the first time with my human rogue a week or 2 ago, and now I'm doing it again as an evil mage, though I'm cheating a little with him. Or really cheating a lot with him.

Even before I started cheating though, it was apparent that the answer to this game is 'more magic'; with both my PC mage and morrigan in the party, encounters that were difficult with my rogue were a breeze to beat. If I hadn't killed the other mage I'd imagine it would have been even easier.

And Opera, Claudia Black was Aeryn Sun in Farscape, and Vala Mal Doran in Stargate SG-1

Oh, that explains it a lot :D

Edit: I already know that my second playthrough will be with a mage... And a wildly different party too :)

how did you manage to deal over 300 damage? my mage can't do nearly as much (and i do want the achievement :p)

EDIT: nvm cheating got it... :(

Blasphemy!

thinking about it: shale is brilliant... :)

Hehe, thanks for not jumping on me for my opinion. I am not telling that the game is bad, it just could be more flexible in terms of roleplay.
I think I will pass it anyway, just to look through lots of quests and subquests which are written in a good manner.

well i have to agree that the story line is kinda fixed...some minor stuff can be changed but, indeed fixed the outcome is kinda fixed.
Toolset should make it possible to create enough variation, once it works......

toolset now messes up some files, kinda annoying... anyway bioware is working on it. So ill just have to be a little more patient

i did it with Arrow of slaying ... something like 360 dmg ...
Towards some of the weaker foes (trying not to spoil here) towards the end, it can easily do over 800 dmg. Not that you need to deal that much damage on those enemies, but that's beside the point. :p

Top Bottom