Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Without G&K expansion)
(Scripts not enabled)

scenario europe(std Huge map)
With Axis.

Game crashed when AIs where planning their moves.
It seems to be related to French AI.
It was the first turn all french cities where mines.

I ve also found another bug.
When a faction used plane missions to purge the sky of ennemy planes over a city the city gained hp each time(AI vs AI only). Observed at Nice(occupied by italy) when Marseille sended their planes(occupied by France).

Also, I ve observed that England sometime have lots of troops but dont send them to france if the nearby french cities are occupied. Would be really great if you could implement a way to make England more agressive in supplying france with units.
If you could implement an algorithm with something like "if (your cities(the ones in england) are own by you and all are at least 1/2 strength) and your units strength is bigger than x) use agressive AI else use defensive AI".

When a faction used plane missions to purge the sky of ennemy planes over a city the city gained hp each time(AI vs AI only). Observed at Nice(occupied by italy) when Marseille sended their planes(occupied by France).

The funny thing is, I just came on to say roughly the same thing. Air Sweep over an enemy city seems to heal the city for some reason.

[7431.809] RedMain: COMBAT Ended #1787
[7431.809] RedMain: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[7431.809] RedMain: Attacking from plot at 9,40
[7431.809] RedMain: Attacker is 1st Bomber Squadron (Vickers Wellington), Current Damage = 4
[7431.809] RedMain: Defending plot at 12,38
[7431.809] RedMain: Defender is unit : 13. Infanterie-Division (German Infantry), Current Damage = 13
[7431.809] RedMain: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I've hit a bug where it crashes during England's turn on the small Europe map. I reloaded the game and it did it again at the same spot. Here are the last 5 lines of the lua log, as I can't seem to find the instructions on how to post it.

Already reported.

1) AI planes are wasting their attack on cities ( there is a min hp for a city at which point attack with planes dont do nothing), having a condition telling the AI not to use it s planes against those city who be real nice because that s a lot of wasted attacks and this could really make a difference between a holding line and a retreating ennemy.
I want to second this. The amount of materials the AI wastes on bombing and attacking already 75% damaged cities is cripplingly enormous. Perhaps if this were changed the AI would be more formidable. Atm I am trying to make the game more challenging by harboring all Germany navy units and waiting to attack any enemy until turn 100. I think the AI wasting these materials is what allows Germany in my game to wage a winning war on both fronts with a little effort.

Taking over the AI for bombers is planned since a long time (since I've done it for fighter in fact). The feature transferring damage to nearby improvement is a temporary workaround (direct bombing of improved tiles is also planned, but further away on my long term goals) so that those bomber runs on cities are not completely wasted.

I've just finished a v36 Europe 39-45 game as Italy and I thought I'd feedback a couple of issues. There were never any buildings on the map for Palermo, just an empty hill but there was city name with strength and production icons so it didn't effect the game. Also my subs would sometimes disappear so I couldn't see them unless it was their turn to move but they came back after a reload and I believe this is a known issue.
Finland was angry with me after war started, unfortunately I didn't notice when it happened so I'm not sure which war declaration caused it. The popup diplomacy said 'you are at war with an ally of Finland, which means it will not make peace with you' I never managed to work out who this ally was meant to be as they are allied with Germany. This caused me a few issues as this meant I couldn't treat their territory as friendly and their territory cut off my supply to Petrozavosk when I captured it.
Are France and the UK meant to survive in their one colonial town each as I couldn't get my troops to them?
Anyway it was an enjoyable game and hopefully I'll have time to do another, maybe when 38 comes out.
Peter

(without G&K expansion)
(scripts NOT enabled)
(Europe 39-45 std Huge map)

I ve tried to play UK and sadly it did nt worked well.

I think this got reported already but for some reason the fog of war was still over france when the "Alliance" was on. For some reasons even my troops where hidden when in france. So basically they re not really playable since you cant defend land where you dont see anything at all.

Im unsure if this is related to Team association or if it s related to france scripting.
When I played Axis, I could see all the units and territory from italy when they became ally.

I ve also noticed that my subs sometime disapeared until it was their turn to move.

I ve also tryed URSS but sadly the game froze soon after Axis declare on me.
Unsure the reason. I believe it was not long after I seized Warsaw and Polland felled.
This was WITH scripts enabled.

the fog problem has been reported, yes, saving and reloading fix it.

I don't know when it was introduced, but all reports are recent.

it's not shown if you are still below the limit by twenty units IIRC.

It was just the visual notification (in the top bar) for supply of units that went missing, I think a reload made it come back but not sure (I tend to not noticing the supply part of the top info bar :) )

the fog problem has been reported, yes, saving and reloading fix it.

I don't know when it was introduced, but all reports are recent.

I didn't solve it with a save and then reload. I exited to windows, cleared the cache folder and loaded up the same game. The fog issue that was there with the same loaded game is magically gone.

@Gedemon

The recent update of the data files seems to freeze up the game just after hitting "next turn" button in the first turn.

I reinstalled everything and tried to play as USA, UK and Japan. All to the same result. It seems to be something with "Infantery already registerd as unit_infantery."

Anyway, I included the lua.txt file.

Any clue would be appreciated!

p.s. to be sure: I played on the 36-45 world map

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    153.2 KB · Views: 61
I'm France and have held on so far and It's almost 1942, but the British don't- and haven't come past the Dunkirk coastline.. When I played Britain I noticed France was covered in a fog of war field.. Is this why?

Edit: Stalingrad game, I just started.. Turn 0, My BT-7 attacks a Howitzer. All goes well, It's out of turns and I click on the howitser (right click as I got my BT-7 controlled.) and the Howitzer returns fire even though my own tank did nothing.. It didn't even move. I spammed the button and it kept firing back without me actually doing anything.

Check the files? What do you mean? And that'd be great haha.. I've been doing well I think as France.. :) Compared to RL! I also noticed Earth 1939 /ALWAYS/ crashes on October 10th.. Is that normal? As any nation.

Edit: Also, I can only LOAD hotseat games.. How come?

Hey Gede,

Now that you've got a computer that the convoy crash occurs on, how goes the quest?

I have a few bugs I've seen so far:

- Crash when trying to move artillery units on water where another unit is already placed (should not be possible).

- I'm not sure if that one is a bug but som citys (even when playing with alternative history on) happen to deal way too much damage to some tanks (T34 in all variants/IS-1/Is-2/Heavy Assault Gun 1&2). Now I thought the last two units are supposed to be strong against cities, so how can it be that when I attack Athens (for example), my IS-2 looses half its health ?
That only happens in cities that are not supposed to be attacked (But I do because I play in alt history mode..)

Then I have a general performance issue. When I have been playing for around 200+ turns it seems to keep taking more time whenever I capture a city. That got so worse it changed from a few seconds up to 5 minutes!
I know this mod is not done yet but I'd love to see a good performance on the stable maps at least. And maybe I could help with that, I have some programming skills I can offer if you'd bother :).

Great mod anyways!
Greetings from sweden!

Then I have a general performance issue. When I have been playing for around 200+ turns it seems to keep taking more time whenever I capture a city. That got so worse it changed from a few seconds up to 5 minutes!
I get that to. The question is, is this a default civ bug, or something directly related to the mod?

America / Europe 1936

Playing as Germany the game will crash when processing turn for USSR. It will happen around the 15th turn. I will save after every turn, reload the game and somtimes it will move forward a couple of turns but then will crash again. Its mostly when its USSR's turn but it has happend on UK's turn as well.

Thanks i hope this issue gets resolved, it is a great scenario.

Sorry guys, I'm still not ready to handle bug reports from the '36 maps.

1942 Full Earth Scenario crashing at the end of turn 1.
Every time ?

I have a few bugs I've seen so far:

- Crash when trying to move artillery units on water where another unit is already placed (should not be possible).

- I'm not sure if that one is a bug but som citys (even when playing with alternative history on) happen to deal way too much damage to some tanks (T34 in all variants/IS-1/Is-2/Heavy Assault Gun 1&2). Now I thought the last two units are supposed to be strong against cities, so how can it be that when I attack Athens (for example), my IS-2 looses half its health ?
That only happens in cities that are not supposed to be attacked (But I do because I play in alt history mode..)

I know this mod is not done yet but I'd love to see a good performance on the stable maps at least. And maybe I could help with that, I have some programming skills I can offer if you'd bother :).

Great mod anyways!
Greetings from sweden!
the "artillery able to embark on occupied tile from distance" crash has been reported and is noted, but I'm not sure that it will be easy to fix.

about tanks, make sure you don't try to attack over river with them, especially with heavy tanks, they don't swim very well. and there is only one assault gun in the game yet, it's the KV-2. The KV-1 is a heavy tank.

Never experimented the lag after city capture, will have to check everything that is called at this moment, IIRC maybe some are just test functions, no more needed.

And I could use programming help on performance/debug, yep, that would be welcome as the code is becoming bigger and bigger...

Do you have a save game from just before capturing a city ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom