On the Floor of the Senate

This does sound less unwieldy than how we were doing it before, though I could still use some clarification on how influence is earned and what non-Senators can do.

Glad to see everyone is in favor of the change. I'm going to begin switching the rules over now.

@ReEmmeline: Good questions. I will be adding a few actions that will be used to build influence. There will be a limit of 2 actions per session. I'm changing it so that now non-senators (and senators) can be chosen to fill a magistrate position. So now the only difference between a senator and a non-senator is that a senator can vote in the senate. Hope that clears things up a bit.

When will turn 0 come to an end?

I will finish revising the rules, announce the new appointments, and then once everyone has submitted their orders we will move on.

I have finished updating the rules. For the rest of this session the positions are as follows:

Consul Princeps: Laurentinus Princeps Maximus
Censor: Portugus Valerius Tiberium
Consul of Culture: Bazilius Valerius Ahenobarbus
Consul of Commerce: Romulus Claudius Augantine
Consul of Faith: Absoluti Valerius Magna
Consul of Philosophy: Emilia Fabia Secunda
Praetor Dux: Belisarius Fabius Aelius
Consul of Rome: Belisarius Fabius Aelius
Senators: Portugus Valerius Tiberium, Absoluti Valerius Magna, Magnivus Claudius Regulus

Each official will be in charge of submitting orders in response to the 'Issues Before the Senate' that is within their powers. When all the issues have been addressed (or I notice someone is inactive and I make that decision myself), we will continue.

Is the Praetor Dux not determined by the Censor?

Technically I think he is appointed by the Senate as a body. I went ahead and just randomly assigned it to get things moving.

OOC: Well, as the first Praetor Dux and Consul of Rome, I assure you I will perform my duties well.

Romulus Claudius Augantine (Consul of Commerce)-

Rome's 1st budget

Honestly, I have seen Plebian prostitutes with more money than Rome, the gods were not kind to us when it came to gold but we must make do with what we have.

Rome should hold on to its gold for now, we don't have enough to be spending but by waiting a few years we may build up our treasury to be able to afford a unit or a caravan. As for the subject of caravans, although I believe it is not my decision to do so, as soon as we discover another empire or city, we should start building caravans to bring trade and money to Rome, because more money means more progress.

Summary:

No spending

OOC: It's nothing personal, Warden, but as a senator I must protest against the Senate being sidelined.

OOC: No idea how I ended up as Consul of Commerce, RNG must like me. Do we post influence raising actions here or to Will in private?

Emilia Fabia Secunda (Consul of Philosophy):

I see no reason not to defer to the will of the Senate this session, nor to belabor arguments already made. Researching Horseback Riding is clearly the wisest choice for our situation.

Action:
Research Horseback Riding

OOC: Apparently the RNG loves me too.

Absoluti Valerius Magna(Consul of Faith, Senator)
As the eldest citizen of Rome I would hope my words carry some weight with my fellow patricians.I will not defer from the previous stated path of researching horse back riding, but I do feel that after it is completed, we should research pottery to most importantly store food and the equally important task of building shrines.

Top Bottom