• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

One country NES idea!

One state idea?

• Don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like the idea. And I will play, even tho I have no time whatsoever, so that means less sleep, but oh well

alex994 - what might give you that an idea, really? ;)

Gelion - I really don't like the Roman setting, as a fictional one might be better as it makes it much more open for imagination and it is easier to set up a needed system without having to "simplify" history. So yeah, maybe an island chain and a somehow larger island nearby, divided into three-four aristocratic republics struggling for power while occasionally having to fight off a menacing "Persia-class" Empire's expeditions (with human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism thrown in for originality) and the "Sea People" (both of whom are NPC).

Alternatively, we might make it a "Democracy Game NES" on a random (or real) map, starting from scratch.

Another idea would be the Byzantine Empire, if only because of all the coups involved.

I had no idea the Byzantien empire had human sacrifice and cannibalism :p

IIRC erez had an idea like this a while back. But I think he just told me, not posed it.

Sounds like fun, especially since it is different from the regular NES. I think it would be cool if we all started off small, a typical politician. Then we would expand from the small district that we are elected too, winning other districts, and eventually you gain control of a province as a whole.

Yeah my idea was Roman families where you can be a general, a politician or a family of a leader (one of the 3 real ones, or a new one who gained power...) Had a map until my coputer got ruined...

Anyhow about a fictional setteing I could make a diffrent world, or area of a world with a little history... that could look like Rome one but be diffrent... (About Rome I mean with families and Republic that are, I think, A must for this kind of NES...)

Hmmm I might as well start panning rules and stuff as my own NES still miss orders and I said i'll keep it alive only until sunday... I guss people got scared from the stats :p that will teach me to make smaller ones :p

I wants in!

Count me in

JosefStalinator said:
I'd join, north king's one was very good before he closed it *shakes fist*

Good for the players, the mod was having a terrible time, though.

@Das- lol,thanks man...Great idea though.

I like the idea of a fantasy land,but I also would like a big,expansive continent,and isn't an island,but maybe joins onto other conitnents,like real continents except Australia,and antarctica do.Thus,there could be even more than one map involved as we expand and expand.

I also like the idea of 3 or 4 nations with human players,and other NPC countries out there so that there can be warfare and such,but has anyone ever thought about the huge load of crap the mod would have to deal with?

This has been nice...But,being a realist,I must point out the fact that this NES will never take off.And,if by some crazy turn of events I'm wrong,it won't last for very long at all...

Xen - you weren't studying the Byzantine history really well, then. Ever since the Aztec-Papuan adventurists took over in 1523... ;)

Amon - Well, to a non-NESer it might seem odd that the mods somehow manage to update more then twice. Well, to a NESer that too might be rather strange, but still. IMHO, if the mod REALLY tries, then it will work. Probably.

Well, anyway, we'll see.

If the mod was to try,he wouldn't have any fun.Thus...It wouldn't last long.

Hey, as long as its not me trying, the mod might as well give it a try... Really, maybe it WILL work.

Well, what do you say, Gelion?

I started write some map i made history... I'llt ry make it into a 1 country game and with the possibility for expansion of the map...

Well Amon is right in a way. (I'm sorry I was offline all last day).
But I'm going to give it a shot. Partly I want to reduce the amont to mod by making small updates every day (i.e mechanical updates) and making many things "self-manageble" like production or diplomacy. I will have to get down to writing the actual game to see the details, but I do see that it can be managed. This idea needs time to develop. Also in "perfect setup" I did see only one state with PCs and other states NPCs at least at the beginning. Any ideas are welcome though....

Well, I believe that for the beginning at first, we should indeed have one nation.

I suggest that we still use a "random map", though. And I agree with Amon Savag, it is better to have a larger landmass of sorts. Yeah, random map with a "Greek-type" culture nation. Rather like a "Democracy Game NES".

Cool. Shall we start? :)
What stats would we need?
The waY I see it there would be 2 kinds of stats:
one type for famililes (number of people, wealth, goods?)\
and one for each city (population, production, weaponry, % of production controled by families (i.e like company share) in the state.
Individual objects can appear on the map like roads or farms, certainly forts.
The map would have to be of a very big scale and very detailed.
One post should be reserved for state government one for army.
And there should be a post with other nations stats...

Top Bottom