• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Optimal City Placement

Nope. What I meant was it's nice for holding them from reaching Norman shores. :p

And that's what I do, considering Amiens' proximity to London. Just load up a couple of galleys with some amphibious knights, raze Plymouth, and capture Londres for the glory of France.

As an update, I conquered London, killed off the Austrians and the Prussians, razed Berlin, Erfurt, and Vienne, and founded Munich.

Agreed. As a matter of fact, if you are Spain or another Iberian power, you can get four good coastal cities on the peninsula. Santandor, Lisboa, Cordoba and Barcelona cover all tiles in the area, cover all coastal resources and allow one to maximize control of the sea.

Agreed. As a matter of fact, if you are Spain or another Iberian power, you can get four good coastal cities on the peninsula. Santandor, Lisboa, Cordoba and Barcelona cover all tiles in the area, cover all coastal resources and allow one to maximize control of the sea.

Four cities is not optimal for Iberia, you only need three to cover all the important resources. Three cities is optimal, four has overlap and is not as efficient.

Four cities is not optimal for Iberia, you only need three to cover all the important resources. Three cities is optimal, four has overlap and is not as efficient.

4 can be better, since you get to use more of your tiles earlier. Depends on if you want to focus on doing good early or later on.

I usually have three in Spain (Barcelona, Cordoba, Santiago) and Pamplona just outside Spain on the French side of the Pyrenes.

Does anybody know of any good city placement for Poland with Krakow founded on spot?

Hey was wondering whether anyone could post an optimal city placement strategy for Russia, (UHV or otherwise) I was happy to see Blizzrd's response to this request earlier in the thread, but the actual image of the city placement won't show on either laptop I have been on. Was hoping to see peoples opinions on Russia because I'm sure my city placement is just awful tbh.

I think I must have removed that image from my attachments here on this website, I'm running at close to capacity. Sorry.

No worries, honestly I was just hoping to find out whether there were any particular preferred cities to build while trying to populate Siberia for the UHV tbh.

What's the consensus with the Khmer? 1W of start, Hanoi, Pagan, and conquer Pataliptura or somewhere else in India for #4?

Brings Clams into BFC range though, the health loss is made up for with the extra food+better city tile.

Brings Clams into BFC range though, the health loss is made up for with the extra food+better city tile.

I agree. The 2 :health: loss is more than made up by city centre immediately having 3 :food: and working the 5:food: clam tile.

The only other minus for not being on river is not being able to build levees later, but for UHV it won't matter.

Well since we are discussing the optimal city placement and Thai can't win UHV without capital on the spot, your argument is moot.

Top Bottom