• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Optimal City Placement

Dmitry, I'm curious as to why you don't build the second west coast city 2N, which has no overlap. Otherwise, your map is more or less what I use, with the exception of the cities which are auto built in 1700 AD.

Dmitry, I'm curious as to why you don't build the second west coast city 2N, which has no overlap. Otherwise, your map is more or less what I use, with the exception of the cities which are auto built in 1700 AD.
Vancouver 2N is indeed much better, but that city which I have built is in historical area for Russia. It doesn't matter now, when stability disabled, but it is like old habit or something like this^^

There was a map once which showed productivity across the RFC map. In it the most productive city was Voronezh/Sarmatia Asiatic with a production of 590 ! I've been trying to find this city for a while, it's exactly at the bend of the river 1 NE of Rostov. Has anybody checked this out ?

What would be the best city settlement pattern for Russia in Siberia?

Minimal. it depends on what you're going for at that time in the game.

What would be the best city settlement pattern for Russia in Siberia?

The area of central Siberia which is almost entirely grassland hills (initially forested) is the best. Once these all have Windmills, this can be an awesome production and commerce area.

Everything else isn't particularly worthwhile. I build most of my cities west of the Urals and only settle Siberia if playing for the UHV right near the deadline.

Top Bottom