Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me but the Demonic Horde seems to be way to strong.
They are. But I have fixed it (I hope) in 0.23 b. Which should be out today or tomorrow. Unfortunatelly, it has to break saves.
But were the iras orcish or demonic? Demon iras should got fixed in 0.23a, but orcish could appear (especially that demons are not spawned in groups, contrary to orcs).
If you report, please let me know which one of the barb civs is causing trouble - so that I know which civ needs fixing. They are labelled and have different flags.
I've been getting a CtD whenever I attempt to access world builder or receive a world map. [...]I saw on here that you put up a fix for something about the luchuirp palace so I downloaded and installed and followed the instructions. Didn't work. Help?
Which version do you use? The palace fix is for 0.22d and will cause trouble in 0.23
You can always check the v4ersion in the mouseover of your flag in the upper left of the screen.
Also, in such cases it is best to post a save.
I can note that I am also having a problem with my workers. I can not select the icon with the mouse, but can use the hot-key to select the task.
I got that bug, too. I think I have fixed it in 0.23b, but we will have to wait and see. It is quite hard to reproduce (and the exact cause I do not know), so only more tests will tell.

I had not the time to check the saves, will do it tonight I hope.

Oops. Yea I'm running .23a. So I should switch to .22d if I want to play as the luchuirp?

Also, my latest game gets a CtD on the same turn, and I have no idea why. Here's the save. No matter what I try, it crashes when I hit enter.

Attachments

• esus.CivBeyondSwordSave
    889 KB · Views: 47
Reproducible CtD upon "End Turn". Turn 122, Epic Speed, Standard Inland Sea Map. Playing with "No Barbs", "No Lairs", "No Demons", but still I have seen quite a number of animals roaming around.

(Running .23a over FfH 2 0.41a)

Edit: I think I found the source. Most probably a Battering Ram issue again. I deleted all units in the Amurite capital to the south, including the Ram, and the game did not crash upon End Turn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0121.CivBeyondSwordSave
    288.3 KB · Views: 46
Reproducible CtD upon "End Turn". Turn 122, Epic Speed, Standard Inland Sea Map. Playing with "No Barbs", "No Lairs", "No Demonic Horde", "No Hell Terrain", but still I have seen quite a number of animals roaming around.

(Running .23a over FfH 2 0.41a)

isn't there an Animal Civilization

OK, then, thanks for the info :)

I removed all references to battering rams in my version now, including spells. Let's see how it goes.

Seems that most of the trouble come either from battering rams (fixed) or bad goodies (not fixed yet). There are some tweaks to barbarians, too.
I am working on goodies, hope to fix it soon. For now, these cause some CtD, but should be playable.

I think I have gathred enough fixes for one patch - and decided to release it. Here it is. Hope it helps

I hate to be picky, its such a great mod, but could you please please please do something about the luchuirp in your next patch?

I hate to be picky, its such a great mod, but could you please please please do something about the luchuirp in your next patch?

I think it's fixed. If I understood correctly your problem is caused by applying the Luchuirp fix to a version already containing it. Simply downloading the latest version - which requires the latest FFH - should be fine.

Stronger deomons and barbarians have prereq techs req that the civ needs to know before they will be able to spawn
How about demons need armageddon counter before they spawn ? Ira need 70, Witch need 30 etc.

I like that idea a lot. Tying the strength of demon spawns to the armaggedon counter.

I hate to be picky, but it was fixed in base 0.23.
I have checked your save and it did not crash for me.
The problem you have is probably caused by old files. Try to uninstall Orbis, then manually remove the folder.
Make sure you got the last version of FfH installed (0.41 a). Then install Orbis 0.23 and patch it with 0.23 b.
How about demons need armageddon counter before they spawn ? Ira need 70, Witch need 30 etc.
I think the current (23 b, from FF) system is better.

Demons have tech requirement for the stronger units to spawn (so they will wait for the civs to be ready)
Coverage of hell terrain decides how many demons will spawn. They also get some free xp from AC. If it is really high, new skeletons spawned in barrows will instantly upgrade to spectres and then wraiths (demon-only spell tied to unit level).

Started two games to see how they play at the beginning. Seems MUCH improved so far. Kudos. Heck, number of animal spawns might even be very slightly too low now but too soon to say after so little time playing. Barb spawns are more reasonable. Still get stacks of 5 barb units coming in but they are warriors, lizardmen, and so on. The only exception would be on a desert start when you can get stacks of 5 hill giants. That may or may not be working as intended; hill giants have always been spawning near deserts at the beginning so it's not new. But there's a big difference in being able to handle 1 or 2 strength 7 hill giants with strength 3 warriors or a stack of 5 of them all at once. May make desert starts very, very difficult for some civs. I'll try again with a desert start.

Some minor funkiness: Started a game and ran into Decius as Calabim leader on turn 7. He's good alignment. Isn't Decius always neutral? And if he's going to go good/evil depending on civ, wouldn't the Calabim make him evil rather than good? They are vampires after all.

Other weird funkiness: I got a message "A Mammoth has been born in Innsmouth!" on turn 60 or so. And yeah, now I have a mammoth. That's cool. But I don't know why I have a mammoth. I mean, I like mammoths. I am a mammoth fan. Still, why do I have a mammoth?

Kudos again, it seems very playable through a point where I would have usually given up in 0.23a due to Ira or Minotaur spawning. Will keep fingers crossed no mega stacks show up in the next 40 turns.

Some minor funkiness: Started a game and ran into Decius as Calabim leader on turn 7. He's good alignment. Isn't Decius always neutral? And if he's going to go good/evil depending on civ, wouldn't the Calabim make him evil rather than good? They are vampires after all.

Decius gets an event when he starts that lets him choose alignment.

Other weird funkiness: I got a message "A Mammoth has been born in Innsmouth!" on turn 60 or so. And yeah, now I have a mammoth. That's cool. But I don't know why I have a mammoth. I mean, I like mammoths. I am a mammoth fan. Still, why do I have a mammoth?

Did you also notice you haven't been getting any great generals? Well, that's because they are being born as friggin mammoths! :eek:

(I am not kidding, same thing is happening to me in my current game. I must say, this is one of the weirdest bugs I've ever seen :D)

.023b

Huh, that makes sense. I was at war with Khazak at the time.

That is indeed a very weird bug.

Started two games to see how they play at the beginning. Seems MUCH improved so far. Kudos. Heck, number of animal spawns might even be very slightly too low now but too soon to say after so little time playing. Barb spawns are more reasonable. Still get stacks of 5 barb units coming in but they are warriors, lizardmen, and so on. The only exception would be on a desert start when you can get stacks of 5 hill giants.
Glad to hear it. I havre played a few autoplay games and it worked fine. I agree on the animals, but sometimes, when lairs get established, the population increases. I will wait for more feedback before tampering with the spawn per unowned tile rate again.
If the 5 unit stacks are too high, it is easy to change. If you think I should, I just need to change one number in global defines.
Hill giants are a problem. I wanted to keep them in the beginning of the game. But stack of 5 attacking a city is not fun.
So, I can do several things:
  • add animal tag to them - I think that will make them avoid cities (untested so I may be wrong). I always thought that it depends on UNITAI_ANIMAL, but they already got that. MAybe I should remove other options if they have it?
  • add tech prerquirement - will make them spawn later (with a random one from hillgiant steading from the start)
  • add a massive city attack penalty
WHAT? Do you have a save from just before it was born?
Some kind of great mammoth? I mean, all mammoths are great, but that should not happen.
I have fixed mammoth and polar bear spawn in 23 b, but I think nothing that would result in this...

EDIT. Great. Fixing one bug causes a few new ones...
I think the rerason is that mammoths are now leaders (used in totem acquiring). I need to hardcode the specific class or move general to the back of the file to make it the last leader (and thus spawn form xp)

WHAT? Do you have a save from just before it was born?
Some kind of great mammoth? I mean, all mammoths are great, but that should not happen.

Erm, I do :mischief:

Just kill some baddies with my Bambur (only 6 GG xp needed for the next mammoth spawn :))

Attachments

• Onur Turn_0383.CivBeyondSwordSave
    667.2 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom