Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May have been addressed earlier, but I can't seem to find it ... what do you mean when you say that the two magic corporations compete? Should I avoid having them both in one city?

And hey, while I'm at it, I had the same problem as Isthmus with Expert Miners disappearing and gimping some of my cities -- including my capitol!

FGirst of all, sorry for leaving Orbis for some time. I have plenty of work - as always during summer... Being plant biologist has certain drawbacks...
I will try to patch up a new patch later this week.
another one, sorry!
it seems minor khazad leaders lose the civilization trait 'expert miners' which lets them work mountain peaks when they gain themselves a new trait.
Thank you and sorry. Quite big problem, will try to fix it but so far no idea why it does not work... I may move the bonus to civ info, that would allow more flexibility...
Scion creepers have problems with haunted lands... that can't be right.:crazyeye:
Will take a look myslef, but just in case, what do you mean?
LE .3 Orbis 0.24b. I starting playing at that patch level so some of these comments may be addressed. Apols for lack of saves:
Thanks, will take a look at that.
Maybe it could be limitted to Rangers.
I like alpine promotion idea. Not sure if it should be limited to rangers (it can be done).
I think requirements should be high (gerilla1, combat4 etc...), but it can be good for balance. No more druids on peaks casting spells, no more dwarven units that can't be reached. They still would have su[premacy as it would come for free for them, but not immunity.
Yes. First time I saw it I thought the Clan of embers was frightened of me!
The flag is an Orc flag from warhammer world and I quite like it (better than FF one anyway). But if I get any better picture that can be tranformed into flag, I might change it
Yeah, Prospectors having double mobility promotion and being able to upgrade to Heavy infantry was a pretty big exploit :p
Oooops... But they are still slower than mounted units, don't they?
you again??? When do you ever learn? :p
Do not think so (same as me ;) ) But I still like her :p
May have been addressed earlier, but I can't seem to find it ... what do you mean when you say that the two magic corporations compete? Should I avoid having them both in one city?
You mean Circle of Eight and Circle of Transmuters? They compete, so can't coexist in one city. One removes the other.
Circle of transmuters is more scientist guild than magic one.

By compete, it's meant they both are rivals. It's like Target and Walmart. Both stores offer the same type of shopping enviroment, to the point of being so similar that some people refer to Target as "Red Walmart" as a joke. It's roughly the same here, except I doubt that refering to one as a copy of the other fits thematically.

Also, I believe they both use the same resources, so unless you have tons of excess resources to burn, you really wouldn't want both in your empire. It's just a waste. Unless you can afford waste, why waste? So, yes, since having them both in your empire wastes resources, having them both in the same city is also a waste.

That all said, do what you want. :crazyeye::rolleyes:

I remember why now!
I think an AI with a high compassion value shouldn't choose a low compassion civic. So that high compassion neutral leaders shouldn't choose Slavery as their labor civic...

Well, Slavery is a low compassion civic in LE, at least.

I remember why now!
I think an AI with a high compassion value shouldn't choose a low compassion civic. So that high compassion neutral leaders shouldn't choose Slavery as their labor civic...

That makes a lot of sense. I agree with that. I wouldn't completely block it, cuz a player may want to use slavery for the production boost slaves give or for the extra workers, albeit not very good workers. (I figured out 3 slaves work output is the same roughly as 1 regular worker's output.) But maybe a tag similar to the religion modifiers (in the Leaderheadinfo file) could be created for this. Make it so if a civ has high compassion, there's a tag underneath which prevents them from adopting slavery or sacrifice the weak.

Hell, if you gave me some time, I'll even offer to do it. I'm studying 5 days a week over the summer, so it'll take a week to two weeks prolly. But I'd be willing to mod it.

That makes a lot of sense. I agree with that. I wouldn't completely block it, cuz a player may want to use slavery for the production boost slaves give or for the extra workers, albeit not very good workers. (I figured out 3 slaves work output is the same roughly as 1 regular worker's output.) But maybe a tag similar to the religion modifiers (in the Leaderheadinfo file) could be created for this. Make it so if a civ has high compassion, there's a tag underneath which prevents them from adopting slavery or sacrifice the weak.
Or you could just make it for the AI and let the human player play as she wants to. That's how I think it should be done.

Hell, if you gave me some time, I'll even offer to do it. I'm studying 5 days a week over the summer, so it'll take a week to two weeks prolly. But I'd be willing to mod it.
You can do it if you want :) Just know that it will require DLL work.

Hum, why is there two Privateer unit? Shouldn't the Lanun unique one get a unique name and, more importantly, some interesting stats? Currently, they're nearly the same...

okay, Ahwaric the Botanist (one who studies plants)

Stumbled across what I think is another bug today. Playing as Kuriotates, with Runes as my state religion. I built the awesome Knightly Order in my capital, and I moved several highly-promoted mounted units in to upgrade them to the KO promotion. One of the units had Cult of the Dragon, and only that unit was able to upgrade to Dragon Knight. The others had to take Stone-whatever-it-is (the Runes promotion), which was a bit disappointing for me, since centaurs already DO receive defensive bonuses. The popup text says that it requires Kuriotate, Sheaim, or Matzl civilizations, not the Cult promotion. Personally, I think that it would be better to restrict it only to civ and religion, rather than requiring the religious promotion on the unit itself (since that's just randomized).

I remember why now!
Good idea, I thought it is already so. I was wrong it seems
okay, Ahwaric the Botanist (one who studies plants)
I am aware of that term. Even too well, so I try to write it differently from time to time ;)

@ icarussc
Only units with Cult of the dragon promotion are able to become dragon knights. All other join the order right for the state religion. Civ is not taken into account save for blocking dragon knights for everyone except Kuriotate, Sheaim, or Matzl. Unit religion is not counted either (save for CotD), unit religion is set to state religion.
In short, not a bug.

Good idea, I thought it is already so. I was wrong it seems
I don't know that, I didn't look in the DLL. I will check.

Checked, there was nothing. I wrote a bit of code, I just have to test it :)

Cascading Zeppelins:D
I dont know if this can be called bug or if it is already known, but there is an exploit with the Mechanos: Their Zeppelins can load each other so if u have 2 Zeppelin 1 can fly 6 squares, u can unload the other which can fly another 6 squares, 12 in total. If u have enough Zeppelins with enough cargospace (They can have up to 3 or 4?) they can fly around the world in one turn^^

Lets say u have 13 Zeppelins with 3 Cargospace. 1 Zeppelin loads 3 Zeppelins which have loaded 9 Zeppelins. 1 flys 6 squares, unloads the 3, they fly 6 squares, unload the 9, they can fly 6 squares. So with 13 Zeppelin u can have 9 Zeppelins 18 squares from their start point away attacking

Since they sometimes load each other automatically I think this should be addressed

Thanks for the info, Ahwaric. I'll just be content with my one Dragon Knight then :)

Come across something twice that I find really frustrating. I don't know if it's a bug or some ability of the Balseraphs that I'm unaware of. In this game (Kuriotates) and the last game (Bannor), I was at war with the Balseraphs and was holding a single fortified position that abutted their borders (in this game, a city captured from the Svarts, in the last game a fort). Several times, all of my units were pushed back a space and a Balseraph Ratcatcher moved into the space that I had vacated.

What's going on? Is this some super-powerful espionage trick?

Cascading Zeppelins:D
I dont know if this can be called bug or if it is already known, but there is an exploit with the Mechanos: Their Zeppelins can load each other so if u have 2 Zeppelin 1 can fly 6 squares, u can unload the other which can fly another 6 squares, 12 in total. If u have enough Zeppelins with enough cargospace (They can have up to 3 or 4?) they can fly around the world in one turn^^

Lets say u have 13 Zeppelins with 3 Cargospace. 1 Zeppelin loads 3 Zeppelins which have loaded 9 Zeppelins. 1 flys 6 squares, unloads the 3, they fly 6 squares, unload the 9, they can fly 6 squares. So with 13 Zeppelin u can have 9 Zeppelins 18 squares from their start point away attacking

Since they sometimes load each other automatically I think this should be addressed

I think in one of the previous patches loading a unit that had units loaded on it, killed the ones loaded on a unit being loaded

Ah I tested it and a Zeppelin which has loaded a Zeppelin cant be loaded by another Zeppelin. So they can only cascade one time and only fly 12 squares. But its annoying that they do it automatically sometimes and then they cant be selected normally, only one of them flies 1 square if u select them all (STRG+ Right click)

what is this STRG key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom