Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? No, what does that do? I've also tried to not jump right into the mod. For some reason I've noticed that if you load Orbis from the shortcut, it seems to take along time, but if you activate BtS and then load the mod it goes much quicker and often won't crash if I'm loading up a late war game that is starting to tax my system requirements.
This action clears Civ4's cache. I found this solves most of the graphical issues :)

This action clears Civ4's cache. I found this solves most of the graphical issues :)

Well Test #1 was sort of successful. I held the SHIFT key down while loading up Orbis and it seem to load fine. However, by not doing anything else, I loaded up the RoM mod and it had the same problem. So know I'm rebooting and seeing if I can load that mod up using the SHIFT method.

Why is this only happening now and only w/my XP machine and not Vista? :confused:

Well Test #1 was sort of successful. I held the SHIFT key down while loading up Orbis and it seem to load fine. However, by not doing anything else, I loaded up the RoM mod and it had the same problem. So know I'm rebooting and seeing if I can load that mod up using the SHIFT method.

Why is this only happening now and only w/my XP machine and not Vista? :confused:
I have no idea whatsoever. I had many problems with RoM (like gone interface) but I don't know why. I guess it's because you installed a new version and the game tries to read previous cache files... But well, I don't really know. You can check in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache if you have any file, too.

I have no idea whatsoever. I had many problems with RoM (like gone interface) but I don't know why. I guess it's because you installed a new version and the game tries to read previous cache files... But well, I don't really know. You can check in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache if you have any file, too.

Well Test #2 failed with booting up BTS and then loading RoM with the SHIFT key method the entire time. Oh well, maybe on their bug thread (which I've posted to) will have some ideas.

At least I can play Orbis again. Haven't played in a month due to various technical issues.

I do wonder if it has something to do with the fact that on my laptop, both my internal and external drives have failed and the only way I can play Civ is because of the 3.19 patch that allows the game to be played w/o the disk. I'm wondering if perhaps this adds a strain on my machines system requirements so it now can't play some mods.

Well Test #2 failed with booting up BTS and then loading RoM with the SHIFT key method the entire time. Oh well, maybe on their bug thread (which I've posted to) will have some ideas.

At least I can play Orbis again. Haven't played in a month due to various technical issues.

I do wonder if it has something to do with the fact that on my laptop, both my internal and external drives have failed and the only way I can play Civ is because of the 3.19 patch that allows the game to be played w/o the disk. I'm wondering if perhaps this adds a strain on my machines system requirements so it now can't play some mods.
I don't know at all. Theoretically, you don't need the disk anyway. All the data is on your hard drive already. Disk required is just a safety to ensure you really own the game, I believe.

How do you unjoin a Great Commander? I have one attached to a Warrior but there is no action button to remove him.

as you are speaking of cache in Civ4 ... what is this good for (in this specific case)??
and if you disable caching options in config file, it says it speed up initialization - but what's the downside, game will more access disk ??

How do you unjoin a Great Commander? I have one attached to a Warrior but there is no action button to remove him.

Possibly, however it seems a bug prevents great Commander's Join/Unjoin ability dosn't work on units that arn't level 2..including lvl 3 or higher.

There is Great Commander and Great General, both can be joined to unit, but have different criterion and effect (Great General need lv2). And Great Commander can be unjoined but Great General permanent. This is for .23, have not check it for .24 but I suppose there is no change for this.

Some animals have ability to hold a fort and even ability effectively defend it ... :D

(well ... near that fort i also saw Bear with Combat5 and Rod of Winds ... xD)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 320
noticed that one too :p

bear to a wolf when defending a fortress:

the gate has been breached...

Great!!! now we can finally start fighting :D

I got the dedicate monument event in tarantum and chose the +2 health but it isn't being applied. All I've got is the base 2 health for emperor difficulty.

Gray

Attachments

• health error.CivBeyondSwordSave
    314.5 KB · Views: 57
hello :)

been a lurker for a while, thought i'd bite the bullet and post something
had a quick search and i didn't see anything like this turn up, so..

just wondering why i couldn't upgrade my priests of agruonn or assasins to the first hero priest or any of the other shadow priests when playing the mazatl with either evil leader... i worldbuildered in all the techs i needed and added in the two units that should be able to upgrade into them at level 6 just to check i wasn't missing anything and it isn't working

has there a change in the way you obtain the shadow priests from FF which i havn't noticed?

am using latest version and patch of orbis and also using opera's leadersenhanced addon

Also a first time poster with a different problem...

Basium and the Mercurians don't seem capable of claiming any angels from slain good religion units. Tried searching through all the threads but couldn't find any mention of whether this is intended and how to gain angels, so I'm wondering if its a bug or not.

It is only a chance of getting an angel or mane from dying units that meet the criteria, not a 100%.

Edit: I just noticed this for for a modmod. I suppose it could be something they change that broke it.

This is more just cool behaviour than a bug but I thought I'd post it, I just took out Acheron the Red Dragon with Undercouncil enabled and got him as a slave :) he can summon meteors and do the scary roar, too. The only thing is his graphic is a weird zombie slave thing rather than a dragon. :king:

Oh and a bug I bumped into yesterday, if you are playing on a flat map without horizontal wrap on, and you have a fort on the edge of the world, and its commander gets the expanded influence promotion, you will get 3 squares of territory on the opposite side of the world.

In a hotseat game me and my brother, when the AI attempts to contact either of us, the game crashes.... but when we load a save, and the AI ries to contact us at the start of the next turn it doesn't....sometimes it also happens when we are trying to enter diplomacy with an AI, but most of the time it doesn't... included the save

Attachments

• Hotseat II.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 38
BTS 3.19, Orbis 0.34b. /w LE 0.36beta.

Just explored an animal den with Hyborem and there was no result from the search (e.g. no "nothing eventful happened," no spawns, etc). Once I end my turn, Orbis CTD's.

This has happened a few times, all after there was a no-result animal den search, but I only remembered to save after it happened this time.

Attached is the save.

If this crash is related to the "Fixed some barbarian spawning results from lair/den exploration" patch note, then hurrah! It is already fixed. If not, new bug found.

Attachments

• No Result Animal Den Crash - Hyborem Turn_0322.CivBeyondSwordSave
    572.1 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom