Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many! How did you install it? BTS 3.19, FFH 0.41c, Orbis 0.24, patch b?

i've got all the current downloads. i'm at turn 235 as Decius under the Bannor, about to build up an army and kick around some smaller civs. but turn 236 the game crashed, and has been crashing every few turns for awhile. but this turn everytime i reload it crashes no matter what. should i post the saved game? i'm not really sure how to do that so if u tell me how i will

Everytime you reload? That's weird. You didn't install anything in between?
A savegame could prove useful. Two actually. One you can reload and one you cannot :)

Yeah, that's weird. Please, specify exactly which stuff you're using, including versions.

I've been encountering a similar bug over on Fall Further, for what it's worth. The only way I've been able to remedy it is by reverting back 2+ autosaves and even then it starts to kick in all over again.

I'm not sure what it is, honestly, maybe a memory overload? Too many Barb/etc units clogging the map and the game can't process the turn? It seems to help very minorly if I end my turn staring at black, undiscovered parts of the maps, but even then it'll still crash on certain turns for reasons I can't track down.

Edit: I just started a gnoll game and got the 'Rare Mushrooms Discovered' event and it caused the mushrooms to spawn on some nearby hills covered with grassland and jungle. According to the tool tip, I need to build a mine to gather the resource... >_>

Edit: I just started a gnoll game and got the 'Rare Mushrooms Discovered' event and it caused the mushrooms to spawn on some nearby hills covered with grassland and jungle. According to the tool tip, I need to build a mine to gather the resource... >_>

yes, it will allow you to build it

@Furien: Crash how? Just the "Civilization IV must shutdown" or something?

As for the Mushrooms, they're a resource now so you need a mine to harvest them.

@kenkrajen: Thanks, I'll test :)

@Furien: Crash how? Just the "Civilization IV must shutdown" or something?

As for the Mushrooms, they're a resource now so you need a mine to harvest them.

@kenkrajen: Thanks, I'll test :)

Yep. :(

Hmm, doesn't seem like a memory overload... More like a crash caused by something in game. Could we have a save too?

BTW, bear in mind that I would be unable to try to fix them today as I'm away from home. I'll try them when I get back tonight.

Scion workers change graphics from alive to undead whenever they move from inside to outside haunted lands.

update: malakim workers and illian workers have this bug too, caused by their respective desert and tundra stealth buffs. whenever they step out of the stealth buff their grouping breaks and the game hiccups as it changes their graphics, it's very frustrating.

sorry...posted in wrong forum

just had a crash when exploring a lion den with a hunter. as soon as I explored it and didn't get a result, I knew I was gonna crash the next turn. sure enough I did, but I forgot to save :(

this may not be a bug, but it only effects Orbis. I have 1 gig RAM but after I click the next turn button it takes me 1 minute before I can move again (this gets pretty annoying during the beginning of the game) but is this a problem? or is my computer just special... (I already defraged and unistalled half of my games but it still taking forever RRRR!)

Hi everybody!

I am back for just one day. Just came from Budapest, where I got some lectures on cannon producing in ottoman empire, development of windmills in meditteranean world and other weird stuff. It gave me some crazy ideas on some changes I can make to Orbis, but it will have to wait.
I am leaving again tomorrow and will be back for good in 2 weeks, so real development will have to wait till then.
For now, I will try to produce a patch this evening with changes already listed in the changelog and some easy ones reported recently. The serious stuff will have to wait, but pleas post it so I can take care of it when I am able to. Also, Opera will try to help you when I am gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom