1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Ahwaric, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

I noticed that the spell sactify does not give credit for Armageddon reduction to the casting civilization. The problem is the use of CyGame().changeGlobalCounter(iChange) rather than pPlayer.changeGlobalCounterContrib(iChange)

Code:
    def spellSanctify(caster):
    	pPlot = caster.plot()
    	if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FALLOUT'):
    		pPlot.setFeatureType(-1, -1)
    	if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_HAUNTED_LANDS'):
    	if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_CITY_RUINS'):
    		pPlot.setImprovementType(-1)
    		CyGame().changeGlobalCounter(-1)
    	if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_HAUNTED_RUINS'):
    	if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_GRAVEYARD'):
    		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
    		newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_EINHERJAR'), pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)

Change this to the following to give credit for Amageddon changes:

Code:
    def spellSanctify(caster):
    	pPlot = caster.plot()
    	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
    	if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FALLOUT'):
    	if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_HAUNTED_LANDS'):
    	if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_CITY_RUINS'):
    		pPlayer.changeGlobalCounterContrib(-1)
    	if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_HAUNTED_RUINS'):
    	if pPlot.getImprovementType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_GRAVEYARD'):
    		newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_EINHERJAR'), pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)

Other places that this occurs:
    spellPeace
    spellPeaceSevenPines
    spellRobGrave
    onSetPlayerAlive
    onImprovementDestroyed (Necrototem ...senario only?)

2. Hansebenger

Hansebenger KingKäs

Simple question: Is it normal that Heavens mirror does not provide sun mana every game ?

3. Opera

Opera Deity

@Hansebenger: Are you using ElohimGuardians modmod?

@Pazyryk: Good catch :) Well, I guess it's a good one. Maybe no one thought it was necessary? But it makes sense to change it.

4. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Ok, the patch C is ready. I hope it does not break anything as I will not be around next week or so.
    You can get it at the usuall place. It should not break saves.

Sorry for not fixing all reported bugs, but I did not have time to do that - did what I could. Hope it helps anyway.
    Unfortunatelly, no. I am going to do some field work in the mountains south of here. My real vacation are sheduled for late september... :(
    Thanks a lot, fixed. But for various reasons I have left onSetPlayerAlive and onImprovementDestroyed as it was.
    It should. It is hard to imagine a condition that would spawn Mirror without sun mana. I am not sure, but the mana might need a tech to be traded.

5. Opera

Opera Deity

The reason why I asked about ElohimGuardians is that this mod would remove the Sun mana and replace it with Holy Relics (invisible except for the Elohim).

6. Hansebenger

Hansebenger KingKäs

There is no sun mana. Even with the mana tech which allows building sun mana nodes...maybe it`s a bug^^
    and I only use Orbis, no modmodmod

7. kenkrajen

kenkrajen Prince

Yeah same for broken sepulcher and the featre that gives entrop mana. I put a road to it. Get the tech. But no mana. Do I have to explore themto get mana? Or is this a bug?

8. Opera

Opera Deity

Yes, Broken Sepulcher and Bradeline's Well need to be explored :)

9. Cylnar

Cylnar Enemy of corporatocracy

Patch C is less stable on my machine than Patch B was. :( I tested this by generating my map (clean install of Orbis with no other mods - I was still waiting for LE .37alpha - huge ErebusContinent map with all unique features and 12 civs, playing as Mechanos), saving the game on turn 1 after founding my capital, exiting and restarting (since the map generation takes a great deal of memory and causes a memory leak or something), reloading the save - then re-reloading the save from inside the game. It crashes every time (bad memory allocation). On turn ONE! :crazyeye: Patch B didn't do that.

I have already had to abandon Fall Further because 051 was if anything less stable than 050. Please fix Orbis, I can't go back to vanilla FfH! :cry:

10. Opera

Opera Deity

Hmm, yeah, I tested and had the MAF bug too. I guess it's the problem of huge maps. Maybe there's something else too... Will check.

11. Opera

Opera Deity

I made some research on the forums and it looks like it's an unavoidable part of big mods. You should either reduce the map, the number of AI civs or not play with barbarian world (if you do).

I don't know why it would be more present in C than in B as C didn't change many things.

12. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

I see there are quite a few posts on this memory allocation failure. I thought I'd post a few notes on my experience to see if it might help find a solution. I will note up front that I have a high end machine.

I've recently played some of FlavourMod and Orbis for the first time after finishing the regular FFH scenarios. I've never had and issue with FFH or CIV4 in any respect prior to these mods.

I played FlavourMod first and advanced pretty far before receiving intermittent MAF crashes when loading saves. They become more frequent until I gave up on the game. I moved on to Orbis and actually played it for quite some time before I started to get the MAF issue. Orbis did seem to be better optimized that Flavour - at least at first.

The connection though that I can make between playing a Flavour and Orbis game is that I used the PerfectWorld2 map. In Flavour, I used the "Giant" map option and Orbis the "Huge". I'm at a point in Orbis where pretty much every load crashes except the initial start load - but sometimes it does load okay. I figure that also starts to happen once I discover most of the other Civs on the map.

It would be nice if this issue could be fixed. I am going to at least try to trudge through my current Orbis game.

13. LagDemon

LagDemon Chieftain

I recall hearing some advice that loading saves works best from the main menu. Are you making sure not to load saves while in-game?

14. Falc

Falc Warlord

My svartalfar scout explored a wolf lair and gained the shapechanger promotion. But when she activated it and became a wolf, she turned into the regular scout model. Going back to human form didn't change her back.

15. Opera

Opera Deity

I noticed something similar too. The shapechanger promotion just doesn't seem to be working, at least at the graphics level.

16. First

First Chieftain

It's been awhile since I've FFH2/Orbis, but has something changed with the Claim Fort ability? In my current Scions game I can't claim any of the forts that I've built in neutral territory and I even experimented a bit with different unit types to see if only more advanced units can claim them.

EDIT: Nm I just noticed I can claim them now and I think it was because of a tech I just researched, but I can't remember which one I just got. :\

17. Opera

Opera Deity

Usually you can claim them right from the start, though. It's weird... I'll check with them.

18. Cylnar

Re: forts. I've never been able to claim any fort (and recruit a fort commander) I've built inside my own borders (like on tiles unused by any city but still of my culture). Is this intended? And if so, what happens if that tile gets claimed by my culture later? Does the fort commander disappear, or stay around? And if he stays, why shouldn't I be able to build a fort commander in any fort even inside my borders? :crazyeye:

19. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

after you build a fort, you'll have a "claim fort" spell available. casting it should cause the commander to appear...

20. Cylnar

The spell never showed up in that game for units sitting in forts in my borders. I'll try it in my current game and see if it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.