Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

Definitely a great Bun Gurion - However, his neck appears to be nonexistent and his pants are EXTREMELY high up - unless DBG has a reputation for that?

Poom there are a few unfinished maps. Why don't you give Indonesia a shot? Or Costa Rica?

Definitely a great Bun Gurion - However, his neck appears to be nonexistent and his pants are EXTREMELY high up - unless DBG has a reputation for that?

I'll work on those neck, and also the object on table thingy. About the pants, in almost all pictures that shown him tucking his shirt in, his pants were that ridiculously high. As evidenced here which I used as a model for his body, here
and here

My god, you're right. Good eye! You also nailed the tie length.

You're doing great work!

I'll work on those neck, and also the object on table thingy. About the pants, in almost all pictures that shown him tucking his shirt in, his pants were that ridiculously high. As evidenced here which I used as a model for his body, here
and here

The only other part I think needs touching up besides the neck are the edge's around him. Mostly his shoulders/neck area & a bit around the hair.

Hey, just wanted to stop by and say that I really love the ideas you have for the Civs so far. Really glad how much focus is being put on gameplay dynamics, really want to play as East Germany now.

Out of curiosity, how much progress is being had on the civs? Mao's China is great (something that is not normally said) and I look forward to playing more of your civs. Also, anything I can do to help? I'm afraid I have a rather limited skill set, but you never know :p

Yeah, right now the things closest to release are Israel and Iran. Israel is pretty much spoken for AFAIK, and Iran needs a leader screen I believe, and some Lua.

Other civs are more far off. As you can see we've got some leader screens going but that's by far our biggest deficit, art wise. And when it comes to Lua, it's pretty much everything that's needed.

I'm glad to have your interest though. Stay tuned to the thread!

My take on Indonesia(much different from the first one)

Indonesia(Suharto)
UA: Silver Lining of the Ocean
Each finished :c5culture: social policy increases the yields of luxury improvements by 1 in cities with a trade route, and grants free policies upon picking an :c5war: ideology. Each friendly or allied CS will increase improvements construction rate by 5%(up to 25%) and will grant a small amount of :c5gold: gold upon finishing them.

UI: Palm Plantation
Unlocked at economics(Imperialism with EE) and may only be built on coastal jungle tiles, but removes jungle upon finishing. Grants +1 :c5food: food, :c5gold: gold and :c5production: production, and if the city has a trade route to a friendly civilization\ CS, it also creates a source of the unique Palm oil* luxury, which grants you only +1 :c5happy: happiness but may be traded away to other civs like any other luxury.

UU: Kopassus
Replaces paratrooper. Though more expensive and only slightly stronger(70 :c5strength:), it gets massive boosts from the "Red Beret" and "First strike" promotions, providing it with a chance to damage enemies ending the turn near it and granting it +1 :c5moves: movements and allowing it to attack twice for 5 turns after disembarking, respectively.

*Palm oil: +2 :c5culture: culture, +1 :c5gold: gold.

(And I'd say that Indonesia should be next. Its pretty much empty in terms of mods.)

Better version of Ben Gurrion here

Definitely looking better than before, I do feel however his left arm might need a bit more tweeking looks a little wobblely. The hand might need to be a little smaller as well. (Not much smaller but it just seems a bit large to me.)

Ithink that Ben gurion is a bit tooark...

Yes I can see that, but it was understandable as I had to replace the left arm since i accidentally screwed over the left side of body during editing lol. That whole arm was from a completely diffwrent picture, and so does the hand.

For Natan, what do you mean by too ark?

Yes I can see that, but it was understandable as I had to replace the left arm since i accidentally screwed over the left side of body during editing lol. That whole arm was from a completely diffwrent picture, and so does the hand.

For Natan, what do you mean by too ark?

Maybe he mean two of this? /jk

I pretty sure he meant to say "too dark". I think you give his face too much contrast.

Yes. I meant too dark.

The background is really good. All it really needs is just to overall make the body smoother as I can see the literal edges around him look a bit rough.

Oh yeah, its needs some smoothing, probably something to do the last minutes before the art is actually used. Sometimes I missed the obvious when editing lol. Just like the black line near the edge being disconnected, the broken floors, disjointed carpet, etc. But much of those things wont showup in the actual leaderscreen or would be obstructed by the dialog panel ingame, so I dont really felt the need to correct em right away. But thanks for the feedback guys!

I wonder how those senior modders do their artwork? Most of them were absolutely stunning.

My take on Indonesia(much different from the first one)

Another great Idea, however I felt that the ability was a bit too much and I would've prefered it simpler. Dropping the whole city states thingy should done it. Solid UU, but I wouldve remove the coastal limitation on the UB.

Also, on a related note, an idea for Soekarno/Indonesia unique unit called the Irian Jaya Class (replaces the battleship). It was actually a Soviet battleship that we bought at 60s and helps solidifying Indonesian takeover for the dutch-owned Papua island. It was somekind of national pride since it was one of the first time Indonesian felt they had a naval supremacy in its own waters. Sadly since the whole country turned its other cheek during Suharto's reign, the ship fate was a mystery. Its either to have been sunk, scrapped, or even extorted by the Soviet again due to conflict.

Oh yeah, its needs some smoothing, probably something to do the last minutes before the art is actually used. Sometimes I missed the obvious when editing lol. Just like the black line near the edge being disconnected, the broken floors, disjointed carpet, etc. But much of those things wont showup in the actual leaderscreen or would be obstructed by the dialog panel ingame, so I dont really felt the need to correct em right away. But thanks for the feedback guys!

I wonder how those senior modders do their artwork? Most of them were absolutely stunning.

Lol, they don't: Sukritact and Janboruta are the only artists here(there's also lastsword and legui, but the have been regulated to the state of ghosts).

Lol, they don't: Sukritact and Janboruta are the only artists here(there's also lastsword and legui, but the have been regulated to the state of ghosts).
In this exact instant, me and DJSHenninger can be spotted crying on the corner of the room.

Top Bottom