Overall Civ Elimination Thread

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 4 The Aztec aren't merely a warmonger civ. The Floating Garden is an obscenely powerful building for going tall. It's the best building in the game. It'll yield better than the Hanging Gardens before you even hit pop 8. The Jaguar is a military unit, but its job is just as much a scout and barb killer. Scouting and barb killing aren't warmongering, but farming culture in the early game while doing it means you finish Tradition faster.
China - 12 It's not that I don't like China. I just think they're a bit overrated. It's cool that it fits together so well, but so does Honor. Growth, science, and culture are more important than combat bonuses and citadels and early gold.
England - 10
Ethiopia - 3
Germany - 7
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 11

Arabia - 23
Aztec - 21
Babylon - 2
China - 25
England - 20
Ethiopia - 19 I have never really understood all this "Oh my god earlier religion" madness. I mean, almost guaranteed religion is cool, however this is absolutely the only strong thing Ethiopia has :p
Germany - 20
Inca - 22
Korea - 24
Maya - 24
Poland - 23 Overall - wonderful civ, and I don't say this because of my nationality :p
Portugal - 12
Shoshone - 7
Siam - 19
Sweden - 7
Zulu - 22

I have to agree with Josh here, this poll definitely looks interesting because at this rate nobody's a cert for making it into the last 5 or so. It's also intriguing because now that the remaining civs are civs that are arguably strong in many aspects, everyone's really having to think hard about who's getting the next downvote, even if they like them. Such as my downvote to the Aztecs...

I still feel guilty about that, but rules are rules :(

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 4
China - 12
England - 10 - 3 = 7. no advantages to science, gold, culture, etc. naval power is not nearly as useful as land power.
Ethiopia - 3 + 1 = 4. they rock at early culture and faith, uu is strong and ua protects you from wide war monger powers like Persia and China.
Germany - 7
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 11

So is Ethiopia out if we adjust Krajzen's vote? It's already getting chaotic.

At the risk of messing everything up against the wishes of the person who originated this thread, the current list should be:

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 4
China - 12
England - 7
Ethiopia (DEAD)
Germany - 7
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 11

That means seasnake's up vote didn't get counted, since s/he voted for Ethiopia, which had just been killed. So we can just give seasnake 2 upvote points on his/her next turn and continue on. Seasnake (only) you have 1 extra point to upvote with on your next turn.

Forgive me for jumping in but just wanted to make sure we didn't get lost in chaos. :)

I'm bored so I will debate people's reasoning!

Ethiopia - 19 I have never really understood all this "Oh my god earlier religion" madness. I mean, almost guaranteed religion is cool, however this is absolutely the only strong thing Ethiopia has.

Free early faith is one of the best possible perks that a civ can have, and it's really a travesty that 2/3 of the civs that provide it (Celts, Ethiopia) are already gone. Religious beliefs are basically SPs, and those civs get access to them for free. Free early stuff is the one of the most important things when it comes to snowballing, which is what makes those civs really good.

England - 10 - 3 = 7. no advantages to science, gold, culture, etc. naval power is not nearly as useful as land power.

I think that this is one thing that a lot of people haven't realized about BNW yet, but the coastal start is a huge advantage in growth (translating eventually to science/production/culture) and later income. Cargo Ships really are that good.

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 4
China - 12
England - 7
Germany - 8
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 8

Germany: Hanse great for gold and hammers, panzer great for military, and barb camps great for gold and military! Plus reduced maintenance :D

Zulu: cities are usually easy to capture, too early rush-focused, not a threat mid to late-game.

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 5
China - 12
England - 7
Germany - 8
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 5

Im helping the Aztecs a bit, I too think they are underated, they are a very balanced civ, the Jaguar is incredibly useful for scouting, barb hunting and culture farming, and they dont go obsolete quickly, you can still pump out a lot of them to upgrade them later. The UB is probably one of the best in game, and while the UA is not as easy to get advantge of like say Poland, its very powerful early game (and fun) and helps against tourism pressure.

As for Zulus, they are very powerful at what they do, killing everything in sight, however I think it also makes them niche, they cant do anything but war, the lack of options considering the current civs on the list makes me downvote them.

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 5 + 1 = 6
China - 12 - 3 = 9
England - 7
Germany - 8
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 5

I'm helping the Aztecs for the same reasons. Epic UA+UU combo, and the UB itself gives a huge economic boost as well. As probably not one people brought it up, a bit unorthodox approach is required, but that's just another plus for me.

To he honest all the nations listed here are awesome in their own way. It's really hard to pick, but I think i found my victim. China is really strong, a solid warmonger civ. The UB with the slight gold bonus can help a lot in the early years (or in case of going wide), the UU is good too, the UA isn't bad either...
The reason why i vote against China is the lack of this unique approach. With Wu Zetian the player most likely does what he would do with a dozen other civs, same tech line, build order, maybe even with the policies - no unusual tactics required to make the UA work. Hell, put aside the colors and I might not even notice that i'm playing China.

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 6
China - 6
England - 8
Germany - 8
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 5

There's not much to say about England that hasn't already been said. A really solid civ, arguably the best 2 UUs for their bracket, and an extra spy. Sure there's parts which are only usable on water, but I feel if you play maps without water you're taking away a big part of the game anyway.

China, well its UU is about the same as the Longbow when it comes to it.
The UB and UA are still very good but its very focused on warmonger, not a lot of wiggle room so that's why I'll vote them down.

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 6
China - 6
England - 8+1=9
Germany - 8-3=5
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 5

England:
There's not much to say about England that hasn't already been said. A really solid civ, arguably the best 2 UUs for their bracket, and an extra spy. Sure there's parts which are only usable on water, but I feel if you play maps without water you're taking away a big part of the game anyway.

Germany: At this stage they're all good - just think this one of the lower on the remaining list

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 6
China - 6
England - 9
Germany - 5
Inca - 19 - Best native civ. UU is only weak part, UI and UA are awesome. Terrace farms allow cities near mountains to be powerhouses, and UA helps with warfare and allows free roads if you're lucky with terrain.
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 2 - It was hard choice, but all the other civs on the list have at least one non-war bonus. While Zulu are really effective at warfare, being 100% about war is not a great thing.

Your list's numbers are totally out of date Krajzen.
'

Sorry, I messed something up :p

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 6
China - 7 Seriously, China so low? With one of the best UUs in game, very good UB and nice UA -> powerful army? :crazyeye:
England - 9
Germany - 5
Inca - 19
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
bye bye, Zulu -> they have insane infantry, but still they are not as good as other civs left.

Arabia - 14 UA has several bonuses but non are game-changing.
Aztec - 6
China - 7
England - 10 Two great UU's, extra spy makes UA more useful and versatile.
Germany - 5
Inca - 19
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22

Arabia - 14
Aztec - 6
China - 7
England - 7
Inca - 19
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 23

England, if you don't have a tech lead when spies kick in, you're probably doing something wrong.
Amusing UU's, but good luck not having your empire collapse due to unhappiness after you take 2 cities or so before ideologies if you miss the Notre Dame (which you probably will on higher difficulties seeing how much the AI loves it).

Poland, best UA after Nebuchy and really good UB, need I say more?

Arabia - 14
Aztec - 6
China - 7 + 1 = 8 Some of the points you guys are making for downvoting China are hilarious lol. Top 3 UU in the game, UB with no downsides and gives you gold when you need it the most, and Citadel spamming gives you a HUGE advantage in war. Sure they're more suited for a dom victory, but they're versatile enough to go after any VC.
England - 7
Inca - 19
Korea - 25
Maya - 21 - 3 = 18
Poland - 23

At the risk of messing everything up against the wishes of the person who originated this thread, the current list should be:

Arabia - 17
Aztec - 4
China - 12
England - 7
Ethiopia (DEAD)
Germany - 7
Inca - 18
Korea - 25
Maya - 21
Poland - 22
Zulu - 11

That means seasnake's up vote didn't get counted, since s/he voted for Ethiopia, which had just been killed. So we can just give seasnake 2 upvote points on his/her next turn and continue on. Seasnake (only) you have 1 extra point to upvote with on your next turn.

Forgive me for jumping in but just wanted to make sure we didn't get lost in chaos. :)

So I get +2 points? Very well...

Arabia - 14 + 2 = 16
Aztec - 6
China - 8
England - 7 - 3 = 4
Inca - 19
Korea - 25
Maya - 18
Poland - 23

Love Arabia with it's Keshik light, bonus Oil, better trade opportunities and massive lux quantities. Seriously, if the Bazaar was a UA everyone would freak out, but as UB it's immensely powerful and its paired with one of the best units in the game as well.

England I've already stated, better ship movement is useful but not as good as the rest of these guys. Their UUs are nice, but its down to the best of what's left.

BTW, is someone tracking elimination order?

Top Bottom