Overall Civ Elimination Thread

Aztec - 4
Inca - 11
Korea - 21
Maya - 18
Poland - 25

I may have to play as the Aztecs again at some point, because I had no idea that this civ was rated so highly! I probably would have liked Babylon to be here instead of the Aztec or Inca, but the top 3 I can agree with pretty well. Still, I'm voting down the Aztecs because their jungle bias means bad production, even with a ton of food. Congrats to Monty to making it to the top 5, but I think your time is almost up.

Aztec - 4
Inca - 11
Korea - 21
Maya - 18
Poland - 25

Wow, out of these, can't choose :lol:

Aztecs are great for food and culture, Koreans are great for science, and Poland is great for culture and domination. Haven't played the other two, so it'd be wrong to vote on them.

Aztec - 5 Strength wise, the Aztecs are without a doubt the worst civ left, but they are soo fun to play and barbfarm.
Inca - 11
Korea - 18 I think Babylon is a better science option than Korea is, and neither is too fun to play.
Maya - 18
Poland - 25

Aztec - 5
Inca - 12
Korea - 18
Maya - 15
Poland - 25

Oy, all amazing Civs.

I'm going to give the boost to the Inca - not only can they get massive food and production with the right circumstances, but they are the only Civ left on this list with a truly 'unique' UA/UI - one that can't be replicated anywhere else in the game. (i.e. the Aztecs are awesome, but their UA is basically the Honor opener, and the UB is the Temple of Artemis.).

I'll give the minus to the Maya, awesome civ, and generally awesome UA, but because of the fact that the great people aren't truly 'free' (i.e. they make the next one take longer) and you can't repeat your choice, it sometimes becomes a double edged sword, especially on higher levels.

Aztec - 2 - this thread was all about strength, so Aztec can leave peacefully at this point.
Inca - 12
Korea - 22 - speaking of strength, bringing guns to a sword fight is no joke.
Maya - 15
Poland - 25

Aztec - 2
Inca - 12
Korea - 19
Maya - 15
Poland - 25

Just fixing Korea's numbers. I think Sagax started posting while arand86 had posted his votes.

That's what I figured until Babylon died out at #14
A lot of more powerful civs didn't make it to top 10, and that's a shame. But again, the definition of "powerful" is often subjective. At least don't let Aztec join top 3.
Just fixing Korea's numbers. I think Sagax started posting while arand86 had posted his votes.
Nope, it's just me being braindead - I took arand86's Aztec upvote into account but forgot about Korea downvote :crazyeye: Thx for fixing.

Man, for all the (justifiable) talk about Civ's Eurocentrism, 3/5 of the top five are pre-columbian new world civs.

Personally, I think the "new world" civs (Iroquois, Shoshone, Aztecs, Mayans, Incans, and Polynesians) are some of the most fun civs to play. I feel like their bonuses are a lot more unique than a lot of the more "Euro-centered" civs.

Aztec - 2 -3 = 0
Inca - 12 + 1 = 13
Korea - 19
Maya - 15
Poland - 25

Bye bye and good luck, the Aztecs are great but just not as good.

Gotta say, favor Inca over Maya and possibly Korea, that UA and UI combo just make for a super solid civ.

Oh well, I guess people don't consider the Temple of Artemis to be as absurdly powerful as I do. These food bonuses stack so well with other food bonuses that Aztec cities can grow fast enough to keep up with the science civs. Seriously.

And the UA is very good for securing your ideology. There are a really limited number of culture sources. I think people would be surprised how much it can help.

But, hey, like everyone said, top 5! :)

Inca - 13 + 1 = 14
Korea - 19 - 3 = 16
Maya - 15
Poland - 25

I think that reliability is just as important, or perhaps more important, than minimum win turn. It's basically impossible to roll a bad start as Incans. On average, they receive a huge number of base 3-yield tiles. And even if you don't start with a mountain, you start with enough hills to quickly expand to mountains. It's basically impossible to go broke as Incans. Free roads amount to tens of extra midgame GPT. It's also very hard to die as Incans, since it's so easy to outmaneuver invaders in your hills. Incans also have the strongest classical age snowball in the business with Terrace Farm & so many Sheep (build Stables).

Korea offers probably the best minimum win turn under ideal circumstances, but in my opinion it's just not as reliable as the other remaining civs.

Inca - 16 Best tile improvement in game and powerful, versatile UA with many bonuses.
Korea - 13
Maya - 15
Poland - 22 Great UA, but a situational UB that gives a few gold, and a UU that replaces a poor unit that comes late in the game.

Final Four Breakdown:

All four great UA's

Inca: Best UI in game

Maya: Best UB in game

Korea: Both UU's are the best remaining. Powerful, defensive Caravel and Trebuchet

Poland: Situational UB and average UU. Poland should be eliminated first. :D

Inca - 16
Korea - 13+1=14
Maya - 15-3=12
Poland - 22

I've already stated why I'm up voting Korea. Science is so important and Korea is either the best or second best at it (Babylon maybe).

The Mayans have great a UB, decent UA, and fine UU; I just don't think they're as good as the other 3. Poland's UU and UB are decent, but the UA is essentially a free policy tree. Korea is a monster science producer, and the Incas can thrive in otherwise pretty bad territory.

Inca - 16
Korea - 11 = 14 - 3
Maya - 12
Poland - 23 = 22 + 1

I bought Civ V vanilla, G + K, and BnW. I can't play as Korea. It's lame that I have to pay strictly to play an extra civ and I'm down voting them for this.

Poland's UA is OP and none of these 4 civs UU's are good enough to factor into anything.

Great UA, but a situational UB that gives a few gold, and a UU that replaces a poor unit that comes late in the game.

Pretty sure the main reason ducal stables are considered so strong is the 15% production bonus, which does not just apply to horse units like the normal stable.
Not gonna argue with the UU though, but practically every civ has an element that is dissapointing, and perhaps it's just my playstyle but I usually prefer it to be the UU.

I bought Civ V vanilla, G + K, and BnW. I can't play as Korea. It's lame that I have to pay strictly to play an extra civ and I'm down voting them for this.

...that's really the reason you're down-voting them? That's... interesting.

Top Bottom