Leader: to be determined
Rivals: 6
Difficulty: Monarch
Map: Arboria
Size: Standard
Speed: Normal
Victory Conditions: All Enabled, but we can only win by Cultural :devil:
Variant Rules:
* Once we discover ABCs, we must turn off research for the duration, and run as high an espionage level as we can. [We can, however, elect to turn it off and go all culture at the end.]
* We can not build cottages, and can run only Spies (now you understand the devil smiley above)
* All units that can be promoted up to Wood III, must be first, before any other promo's.
* We must take from the rich, and give to the poor. Practically speaking, this applies to score:
~ all our EPs should be concentrated on those civs which are above us in score
~ we must give in to any request from a “lower” civ (except war)
~ we can never declare war on any “lower” civ
~ once able, we must steal *something* from a “higher” rival and give it to a “lower” one

Roster:
pholkhero
TriviAl
Refar
Meiz
r_rolo
pawelo
Ralph_Jackson

some thoughts:
sistine chapel will be of good use
we'll need a great artist-wonder city to crank out some to help with our effort.

as far as a leader is concerned, i think we'll need an Industrious leader in order to try and build those wonders we'll need to win. Also, we DON'T need to kill any non-Spy or Artist GPs. Think of them as part of the merry men.

Man, starting 3 new SG's at once? That sounds pretty intense. I have a question on the rules for this game. Does the rule that you have to take from the upper and give to the lower apply to everything? So that if you steal a tech you have to gift it to every AI lower than you on the board?

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest (an abusive) strategy of gifting techs to bring an AI above you in score then declaring war to destroy them. If you never take peace, you may break the spirit of the variant but you're not breaking the rules :lol:

This sounds interesting, i would play if you will have me.

On a leader... How about Louis ? IND+CRE - and every bit of :culture: will be needed from the sound of it :D +UB - Salon giving a free Artist who we cant get rid of :p (or would that be cheating :mischief:)

Signing as the 'Official lurker' - too many games and so few time...
Looks very interesting to follow - looking forward to see you winning with the variant rules ;)

^^Crazy is more the word that comes to my mind ... that's why I want a spot :lol: ( still thinking how on earth we are going to get enough :culture: with only spies, even with Sistine )

Some thoughts:
- IMHO corps are the best way to get the desired culture , but it will be hard to get them if we have to steal the techs. And running all spies makes the GP hard to get. But if we could get a GM for sushi it would be nice ;) ( culture and food to get more spies :devil: )
-A question : which techs are allowed to self research? You know, you can play for a long time without researching Alphabet... :p I suggest the RBtS1 pack...
-Leader: I'm inclined for HC : Fin/Ind ( every coin counts ) and the UB is early and produce culture as well ( and remember that culture per turn doubles if the building has more than 1000 years... with terraces that is easy ;) ). And if needed we can do a quechua rush *devilish laugh*
-I'm not sure if creating a GA farm with wonders only will be a good idea.. it will be easily overridden by the spy GPP and will not get much of GA
-Can we get Oracle free tech?
-Early wonders: Mids , Oracle , GW... I doubt that we can get them all, but seems to be a hard choice ( unless we can't get oracle free tech )

By now is all ... I'll be back with more lawyer talk soon :p

$^*%%µ£

(I must censore myself not to get the bad points like Immy on MLG6 :lol:)

How can you stay away from the PH-series game ????

Sign me in, if you dare :devil:

Leader-wise, I would suggest Zara. Early UB providing culture + cheap courthouses. Plus - Ethiopia is a beautiful country :love: (ok, Oromos rock EDIT: Read the variant rules closely, may have never an occasion to use them here)

So that if you steal a tech you have to gift it to every AI lower than you on the board?
you don't have to gift it to EVERY AI below you; just one. and, I think we'd want to walk small as we'll never have any tech advantage to speak of, AND we'll need to our EPs for culture techs, too.

This sounds interesting, i would play if you will have me.

On a leader... How about Louis ? IND+CRE - and every bit of :culture: will be needed from the sound of it :D +UB - Salon giving a free Artist who we cant get rid of :p (or would that be cheating :mischief:)
I've got you signed up Refar. I, too, was thinking about Louis and it IS okay to devote a city to Artist; we just can't HIRE any. Wonders, world and national, and buildings that give a GA points are okay, but we can only run spies -- which means CoL is a priority, too, for courthouses.

I'd like to play this, looks like fun :D
I'm away from now-ish until near the end of this month though, so meh.
If you'd like, I can put you in at the end of the roster, and skip you if your turn comes up. I can't imagine it would go round twice in the next couple weeks until the end of jan.

I could play this, sounds fun :D
You're in, too. Any leader ideas Meiz and Morred??

Roster:
pholkhero
TriviAl
Refar
Meiz
Ralph_Jackson
r_rolo

I absolutely can't see how you could win this one....
but then Rumour control has it that that's the Whole Point of a Pholkhero SG
So if you will have me I will sign up for the ride.

Cheers

Ralph

Whoops didn't spot your sign up r rolo1 ....:blush:

But then of course that's our mighty leaders job not mine!!! :stupid:

But seriously first come first served so the spot should be yours unless you have upset Pholkhero so much he has a grudge ??? :trouble: :hide:

okay, both in.

@ Morred: lmk if you're interested; you could hop in the rotation after your hiatus.

leader thoughts??

@pholk :
Both who ?
We were three on this :scan:

ahh cripes -- sorry all! i didn't even see rolo's and pawelo's earlier sign-up posts; which mean we ARE full-up, RJ. however, I'll take the extra player on and make the game a more stricter 24 hrs since we have enough people to keep play moving. a nice quick game :yup:

morred, i AM sorry but this one is stuffed to the gills

final, final roster
pholkhero
TriviAl
Refar
Meiz
r_rolo
pawelo
Ralph_Jackson

AND WE STILL NEED LEADER!! :D

Welcome to the
:culture: The love boat :culture:

No, I haven't been :smoke: :lol:

Up to a nice game!

Leader vote: Zara :deal:

maybe . . . Unrestricted leaders?? i like the idea of using france, though. since the UB introduces GA points to our spy points, we may "get lucky" with the occasional GA w/o having to hire any.

also, in the GA/Wonder city, we wouldn't hire any spies; and maybe in this one city we can hire artists to help cheer the people up. It's crummy living in sherwood forest with kevin costner ;) :)

Lurker's comment:
If Unrestricted, how about Frederick of the Sumerians for early courthouses (zigs) while being Industrious

maybe . . . Unrestricted leaders?? i like the idea of using france, though. since the UB introduces GA points to our spy points, we may "get lucky" with the occasional GA w/o having to hire any.

also, in the GA/Wonder city, we wouldn't hire any spies; and maybe in this one city we can hire artists to help cheer the people up. It's crummy living in sherwood forest with kevin costner ;) :)

I like RK idea too, though you're arguments for France are convincing.

How about Darius of the French ? :mischief:

Top Bottom