Phaedo02- Rage_Against_The_Machine

I agree, but I was thinking that getting a road on those tiles ASAP would make the rest of the cleanup easier. I plan to clump them as they finish their roads.

OK, you've obviously got it under control.

Roger that. I think it's worth building another destroyer up the coast from The Hague, as well - IIRC, a nuke launched from a coastal square near The Hague could hit Green Fields.

Would a sub be quicker? It only has to be a spotter, the Bombers can do the rest.

You could count the squares - I believe Tacticals have a range of 6 tiles.

Now that Kyoto has been hit, we need even more Workers than you had been building; Kyoto is the priority for their attentions.

Err, did you mean Osaka? Kyoto is untouched. The worst they've suffered is the fright of two swiftly-defeated landings in their BFC.

MM Kagoshima re: thread discussion, Apollo in 3.
Go through our cities, switching cities to Worker builds. We desperately need them. This drops us to 647gpt, however.

IT:

Greece bombs x - and we shoot one of his bombers down.
We lose a couple of transports - I've been using them to supplement Jet Fighters in scouting for enemy shipping. One of them wins vs. a sub!
Osaka: Factory->market
Groningen: Bomber->Bomber
Sado: Worker->Worker
Kobe: Sub->Bomber
WHB: Tank->Tank
Green Fields: Sub->Sub
Nagasaki: Worker->Worker
New Matsuyama: Worker->Worker

Turn 8 (1740 AD):

Sink a Carrier group and a Transport group. Lose two Bombers. We spot nothing with our scout subs.

...Destroyers may have been a better bet because of their speed.

We clear two squares of pollution this turn. We also mine and start the rail near Osaka.

Greece is now in Fascism.

IT:

Echizen riots. Oh, right, they were cut off from luxes. Hire a taxman.
Pollution strikes Tokyo as it produces Fighter->Fighter
Edo: Missile->Bomber
Nagasaki: Sub->Bomber
New Edo: Worker->Worker
New Sapporo: Worker->Worker
Sandsong: Worker->Worker

Turn 9 (1745 AD):

I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go. None of our bombers can reach enemy ships this turn :(

IT:

NUKE! They went after Izumo and its Aluminum.
One of their marauding Destroyers lives up to its name in a depressingly one-sided encounter with one of our subs.
They land near Kyoto again.
Apollo program completes. Next up: SS Engine
Order restored in Echizen.
Omi: Workers
Kozuke: Missile->Worker
Desert Fish: Workers

Turn 10 (1750 AD):

Switch Kyoto to Thrusters. We don't need the nuke it was building.
Arty + elite tanks + tank army take out the invaders. No leaders.

Unbelievable. Greece has another tactical nuke. The nuke from last turn must have been another ICBM that they started way back when.

The workers are spread out again; they should clump onto Osaka's tiles after they road their current positions. I favor splitting them into stacks of 3, roading the pollution tiles, then taking advantage of the roads to avoid dead worker turns for the big stack needed to clear pollution, rail, and mine the tile.

The pic of the ocean to the west of Kyoto highlights a favored shipping lane - they've landed three parties along that route. We could use another scout plane or two in Kyoto or one of its neighbors.

The Uranium island is also a favored target - Greek shipping will often sail west towards our mainland, then hook straight down at the island, so scouting just north of that island will tend to pay off.

Finally, Greece had a pair of Carriers along their northeastern coast, by Edfu and Anyang. Bombers stationed in Izumo 2 would barely be able to reach them if they're still there (I didn't think it worthwhile).

Attachments

• Rage_1750_AD_Tusker_Glowing_Green.SAV
    281.8 KB · Views: 52
Wow. Well done Tusker. Those must have been some nail biting turns. Good job!

Got it--I'll play tomorrow. I'll keep fighting the Greeks, sitting on their uranium, cleaning up the orange stuff, and waiting for them to research more spaceship techs so we can steal them. Kagoshima will build SS parts, the other cities will build military (and rebuild infrastructure where necessary).

Got it--I'll play tomorrow. I'll keep fighting the Greeks, sitting on their uranium, cleaning up the orange stuff, and waiting for them to research more spaceship techs so we can steal them. Kagoshima will build SS parts, the other cities will build military (and rebuild infrastructure where necessary).

You may find that the military is sufficiently adequate to spare a second city for SS Parts too.

Also, I have a hunch that if you quickly reconnect the Aluminium near Amsterdam (which you will need to do for SS parts), that last Nuke will target Amsterdam for a second time; that would be preferable to them targetting the Uranium at Green Fields, as GF is currently unscathed.

Alex will talk soon, so don't try a steal until then when you can see what he has; the exception would be if he begins the 'Internet - you'll then know that he has Miniaturization.

Good luck.
'

You may find that the military is sufficiently adequate to spare a second city for SS Parts too.

All right, then--I'll keep Kyoto on SS parts as well.

Also, I have a hunch that if you quickly reconnect the Aluminium near Amsterdam (which you will need to do for SS parts), that last Nuke will target Amsterdam for a second time; that would be preferable to them targetting the Uranium at Green Fields, as GF is currently unscathed.

Looks like Tusker already reconnected it, so let's hope Alex does that.

Alex will talk soon, so don't try a steal until then when you can see what he has; the exception would be if he begins the 'Internet - you'll then know that he has Miniaturization.

Good luck.
'

Just checked, and Alex will talk now. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any new techs for us to steal.

Starting now. I'll follow Tusker's example and post a few turns at a time so as not to delay the turnlog.

Just checked, and Alex will talk now. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any new techs for us to steal.

His tech pace will slow down sometime around now - I neglected to check, but I'm guessing he's gone to Fascism; it will pick up again when he completes the Internet. In the meantime there's no harm in us building up our gold reserves again, and you may need to rush the occasional unit.

3 turns in.

Preflight:
-make more taxmen-- income now 705 gpt
-Alex will talk, but no new techs
IBT:
-Greek nuke sub kills transport, SAM shoots down Greek bomber (1-1)
-Lugdunum worker (10), Groningen bomber (5), Arnhem worker (5), Haarlem cruise missile (5), Izumi worker (10), WHB tank (3), Sapporo worker (10), Shimonoseki CM (60), New Satsuma worker (10); all builds are same as previous build unless otherwise specified
1:
-sub kills Greek nuke sub
-make taxman in Echizen to prevent riots; also, Echizen is at max pop anyway
-continue cleaning up orange goo
IBT:
-SAM kills bomber (2-1)
-Osaka market>bank (5); Suo worker>MS (100)--Suo grows in 20, so no more workers there for now; New Omi worker (10)
-Alex starts Internet, finishes SS thrusters
2:
-3 bombers sink Greek destroyer (3-1)
-attempt safe steal of mini for 3516 gold--results:

IBT:
-SAMs shoot down 2 bombers (4-1)
-Greeks drop off 2 MIs and 4 tanks near Edo
-Tokyo jet fighter>bomber (4); GF destroyer (5)
3: 3 bombers kill destroyer (5-1); 2 CMs kill destroyer (6-1); artillery redlines MIs and tanks, bombers and elite tank kill (12-1)

Alex hasn't used his last nuke yet.

His tech pace will slow down sometime around now - I neglected to check, but I'm guessing he's gone to Fascism; it will pick up again when he completes the Internet. In the meantime there's no harm in us building up our gold reserves again, and you may need to rush the occasional unit.

Yes, that's correct. He went into anarchy around the same time we did and was out into Fascism before I ended my turnset.

Is this why?

Remember, you can check with f3.

No, he's still got the nuke; he just hasn't launched it.

EDIT: He just did; have to reconnect the aluminum.

7 turns in.

IBT:
-Alex nukes Amsterdam! sub destroyed (12-2)no nukes left
-2 Greek bombers shot down (14-2)
-Kyoto SS thrusters>SS fuel cells (4); WHB tank (3); Nagasaki destroyer (5); Buce's Red Cross, Halifax (100); New Izumi worker>MS (100)
4: send 3 slaves to reconnect aluminum
IBT:
-2 more Greek bombers shot down (15-2); Greek destroyer sinks our destroyer (15-3)
-New Echigo worker>arty (80)
-Greeks build SS engine
5:
-reconnect aluminum, change fuel cells to cockpit
-bombers sink 4 destroyers (19-3)
IBT:
-Alex loses 2 subs and 1 destroyer, we lose a battleship (22-4)
-Groningen bomber (5); Arnhem worker (5); Haarlem CM (5), Kobe bomber (8)
6: cleanup continues
IBT:
-Greeks lose bomber, we lose destroyer (23-5)
-workers built in too many towns to list
-Tokyo bomber (4); WHB tank (3)
7:
-bombers sink 2 destroyers (25-5)
-artillery redlines 3 destroyers and 1 transport

That's all for tonight--I'll play the last 3 turns tomorrow.

Just finished. Here's the save: View attachment Rage_1770_AD_Norton.SAV

7 (continued): per Buce's suggestion, switched destroyers to bombers (only 2 destroyers were under construction)
IBT:
-Alex wants to talk--nope!
-2 bombers shot down (27-5)
-Osaka bank>army (12); Edo and GF bombers (8,4); Sado, Sapporo, New Nagasaki, and New Matsuyama workers (5,10,10,10)
8: bombers and arty sink destroyer (28-5)
IBT:
-2 more bombers shot down (30-5)
-Kago SS engine>SS life support system (5); Groningen and Naga bombers (3,5); New Edo, New Sapporo, and Sandsong workers (10)
9:
-sink 2 more destroyers (32-5)
-since we have enough workers, change all workers to CMs or wealth
IBT: WHB tank (3)
10: lose 2 bombers, sink 2 destroyers (34-7)

No screenshots since not much has changed, but Japan's looking less orange these days. Now Alex just needs to hurry up and research the other techs so we can build the spaceship.

@ Phaedo: A couple of things:- One of our Armies has only three Tanks in it.

The second thing is much more important:

It occured to me just now that our plan has a flaw which must be addressed, IMO.

We haven't taken in to account what might happen if a source of U became depleted and subsequently turned up elsewhere in Greece.

What we would need to do under those circumstances, would be to quickly destroy their SS to give us time to move the Armies.

The best (and possibly only) way to do this would be to Nuke Athens, then raze it with one of our Armies, which are only two turns away.

I strongly suggest that you initiate ICBM builds in Kagoshima and Osaka once their current production tasks are done (it might even be an idea to switch tasks - we are in no rush for SS parts, and we have two Armies); Athens will be well garrisoned so I think we will need at least 3 ICBM's to be certain of no resistance to our Army.

Osaka could do with 3 workers being added to it's pop - it has three tiles not being used, and it's our second best city.

Top Bottom