PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

So here is what happening: obscure city Rome rose to fame lately, defeating Greek Allies, Illirians, Celts, and now Dacians. Treacherous Decebalus of Dacia came to the door of magnanimous Seleucus offering vassalage in return for protection. This was granted and created a purely technical war with Rome. Peace was offered immediately. Instead of accepting and backing away from the borders of our vassal Frakians -- Romans rejected unconditional peace, demanded 250 gold, and continued war with Dacians, now Seleucid vassal. During the same turn Romans captured second to last Dacian city, which prompted Dacians to abandon us and capitulate to Rome instead, causing unexpected war from the people who came asking us for help! :crazyeye:.

After causing us so much troubles it is Rome who needs to compensate us with gold, but we still are acting in good faith and offering unconditional peace. We suggest to think twice before rejecting simple conflict resolution. Rome does not need any complications now, when all their troops are yellow or red and our lighting fast army withing the striking distance!

We Romans regret that the deceitfull Dacian action caused Seleucos to declare war upon Rome without any prior cause or action from the Roman side.

Our campaign was solely against Dacia, and no one else. Furthermore the Seleucid empire isn't even a neighbouring state or ally of Dacia or Rome. So there should have been no reason to intervene.

The Thracian allies of Seleucos immediately acted upon the Seleucid war declaration and invaded Roman soil. We dealt with this Thracian menace, and we also dealt with the Dacians.
So the ongoing peace talks can now be brought to a finish..

Good to hear, my esteemed Seleucos, that still peace can be achieved between both our empires, as we welcome this peace wholeheartedly.

It is important to note that Thracians are my vassals, not just allies. :cooool:

Can you mouse over that HUGE ship? What name it has?

Ivory Palace was built in Babylon! I believe Seleucid Empire is the only Empire with access to Elephants!

I believe Seleucid Empire is the only Empire with access to Elephants!

Pah. Eastern elephants are clumsy and slothful. They are no match for the mighty elephants of North Africa, who cause the earth as well as their opponents to tremble as they march to battle!

Need to check the map (I did not play this scenario before): are there any Elephants in Africa?

Need to check the map (I did not play this scenario before): are there any Elephants in Africa?

I happily invite you for an elephant duel! Why use dogs or chickens when we have such magnificient beasts. Send an elephant to Carthage and we'll bring it on!

If I didn't have elephants, how would I send them over the Alpes in the 2nd Punic War in 60 years?

I think Carthage has War Elephant from the start. But was not sure about Elephant resources.

But we have burning pigs which have a big bonus against elephants.

It was a regular Pirate Trireme with weird graphics then (possibly of Roman origin, wink). I have captured and scuttled her during my turn :thumbsup:.

Hey all you boring peace-lovers! While you are all contently resting on your divan beds satisfied with the stagnancy of your realms, cool civs like Carthage are taking on three enemies at the same time!

In this game I had a peace for 2 turns only -- one before phony war with Rome and one now...

Not anymore. .. In both senses. ..

Top Bottom