Pineappledan Tweaks for VP

Is it intended that Persian Immortals have a ranged attack? It's not mentioned in the mod description or ingame. 13 CS, 12 Ranged CS over 2 Tiles, Armor Plating and faster healing all in a Spearman Replacement is pretty damn strong. They just demolished me in a game

Attachments

• Immortals.png
    Immortals.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
oops! I forgot to revert that. Was just fooling around with a concept.

edit: fixed and reuploaded. If you won'd want to re-download, you can just delete the last bunch of lines out of SpainChanges.sql.
I also removed the Berserker CS change, since I see Rek basically integrated that change into base VP with this newest release.

Last edited:
Jungle chop is showing in the tech tree at Trapping but when I move a worker to chop a jungle it's greyed out and says it requires Calendar. I don't think any of my other modmods are causing issues...but who knows. Anyone else experiencing this?

Here's my mod list:
1658430621848.png

Okay, since pineappledan said that he's away from his desktop, hence unable to fix that bug above, I made a simple fix for that bug.

In the code, he forgot to add this line on the Slinger.sql file:
Code:
UPDATE BuildFeatures SET
    PrereqTech         = 'TECH_TRAPPING'
WHERE BuildType = 'BUILD_REMOVE_JUNGLE';

Just download this sql file fix and copy it to the mod folder.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• pdansUnitTweaks(V31).zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • Slinger-sql.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 35
New version posted that removes all the redundant stuff that has now been added into base VP.

Added 2 new things:
slight policy reworks for Artistry and tradition, taking GEMS bonuses off Artistry and GA bonuses off tradition
Added a new lodge building in the ancient era that reshuffles some ancient bonuses. Should help make the new Maize and Rice bonuses feel more integrated.

Think I've a mod conflict somewhere, Tradition and artistry not showing changes. But without additional mods I'm not getting the Heritage change, still showing up as +200:c5goldenage: points, everything else is working. Loving the changes though, just have to get them to work now 😅

Think I've a mod conflict somewhere, Tradition and artistry not showing changes. But without additional mods I'm not getting the Heritage change, still showing up as +200:c5goldenage: points, everything else is working. Loving the changes though, just have to get them to work now 😅
Okay so I've doubled checked pretty much everything; reinstalled New Version 2.6 non eui, used latest versions of only your New Beliefs and Unique compontents mods, and still the error is showing up in the text. Could it just be a text problem? I can upload an issue to Githhub if that would help? Screenshots below, one in the civilopedia and one hovering over the policy. Also included mod list.

Attachments

• Screenshot (703).png
    Screenshot (703).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot (698).png
    Screenshot (698).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot (699).png
    Screenshot (699).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
Any plans on improving the National Park tile design? Barely distinguishable, I always have to hoover on a jungle or forest tile to see if it built already as the sight tower is really tiny. Maybe a tower in a different color than black?

I could make it slightly bigger, but I kind of like the size I made them already. poking just a little bit over the trees as it is.

The other easy way to check for national parks is with the yields overlay, which you can quickly toggle on/off and see the distinct yield types that NP gives.

update posted.
Mostly just removing things that have been integrated into the base mod.
Added a new change for Brazil. details in the OP

Is it intended that Persian Immortals have a ranged attack? It's not mentioned in the mod description or ingame. 13 CS, 12 Ranged CS over 2 Tiles, Armor Plating and faster healing all in a Spearman Replacement is pretty damn strong. They just demolished me in a game

I believe that was because I wouldn't stop talking about that concept. Didn't know pdan experimented with it. Yeah Immortals just have 12 Ranged CS would indeed be OP lmao

Just finished game on Immortal (VP 2.7.3 + this mod). Faced Shongai. He built so many Dirigible and Zeppelins
I would say way to many, especially comparing to other units

Top Bottom