Pineappledan Tweaks for VP

Amphibious to start sounds like a nice simple fix, and then fiddle with CS if they still perform poorly alongside the siege promos.

My misunderstanding regarding the Legion; between vanilla, base VP, 3/4MUC, and now these unit tweaks, I still have a habit of getting numbers all muddled up from time to time.

Whaaaaaat? But they aren’t unique? How are city-states even finding them?

so you roll over a city and it says they have the Caroleans, or something, and as soon as industrial happens they give airships?

update incoming:
  • General Stacking removed from Carolean
    • moved to Naresuan's Elephant in previous version, and is on Hakkapeliitta in 4UC)
  • General Stacking promotion increased to 25% bonus
    • 15% is too small to notice, especially for the risk that you take on attacking with a frontline melee unit)
  • Brazilwood Camp: Removed adjacent luxury requirement and added no Fresh Water requirement
    • Total requirement is now Forest/Jungle with no access to fresh water, and not adjacent to another Brazilwood Camp
A few text fixes are also in there.

I'm considering combining this mod with my Power Plants rework... It seems weird to have collapsed my civ tweaks and unit tweaks into this modular download, but kept the power plants separate

I'd like to have it combined, personally; fewer files for the end user to keep track of

I'd like to have it combined, personally; fewer files for the end user to keep track of
Yeah, and if a player can just delete the folders for aspects they might not want, then I see no problem in consolidating.

Done.

added the Power Plants changes here.
I also adjusted the America Wonders code so the bonuses for world wonders on Empire are applied via the dummy building instead of the wonder itself.
  • Pros: This fixes the issue with EUI where the America wonders listed off every single world wonder and crowded out their own help text.
  • Cons: If another civ captures America's city with their wonder, their remaining cities will all still give the bonus yields to world wonders.

Note that in all maps based on Communitas, trees spawn more commonly on fresh water tiles (more noticeable on Communitu_79a).

5-5 compatibility?

Last edited:
So I'm trying out the new America (I'll post in the leader thread when I finish the game). Also trying the sword change and the scout changes. I'll add to this post as I have thoughts.

• The new sword is definitely weaker against Cbows, it takes a noticeable amount more damage now. At the end of the time, I just don't see these swords being worth the time and trouble.
  • I like the new commando. The zepplin is just such a weird unit in the scout line, the commando is solid, and pretty darn tough, I like it.

Yup, they should take 15% more damage from CBows now (25% vs ranged replaced with flat 10% defense), but also be slightly stronger vs other melee, and do more damage.

Not sure if the zeppelin line would stick around to ever seriously be considered as a must-have, it's very awkward. But, at the very least it solves a strange corner case, which is that no unit in base VP can take an incan city surrounded by 6 mountains. All units that can hit over mountains (artillery/indirect fire), or ignore terrain (base VP zeppelins, helicopters, aircraft) are all ranged and can't take cities. So there is at least 1 melee unit in the game that can deal with this unsovable corner case by being a hovering unit with a melee attack.

I'm midway through a playthrough with my Zulu changes (I just reworked 1 of their 4UC components), and my goodness that's a lot of flank damage on swords with Sidearm and Buffalo Horns. It's silly to get overrun on top of it all, but it's just so irresistible.

It may end up being niche, but I personally enjoy having the Zeppelin line as an option. I like your "Observers" comparison from Starcraft.

One thing I'll note for America's unique wonders....they are actually fairly expensive. It actually requires a lot of turns to build them, as opposed to most national wonders which are generally a few turns. Not saying its bad, but its noticable.

So the extra -25% tile buy. How good is it?

Spoiler :

upload_2021-5-10_17-29-44.png

Pretty darn good it turns out. I can pretty cheaply buy up citadels and other GPTIs that are lingering on my borders. That's a very solid side benefit of America, before it was prohitbilitvely expensive (often 600 Gold or more), but at this rates, very affordable. I just bought two manufactories and 1 citadel for 525 gold. Note, I did do one pioneer in the renaissance era to reset yields.

I had a feeling this may be the case. While we have been focusing on the wonder benefits, I think the -25% plot cost be maybe the real winner overall.

Last edited:
The Explorer still obsoletes at Steam Power, should be Railroad.
Zeppelin line feels so slow. Even though get huge modifiers vs Cities, their dmg output isn't impressive. City Assault gun units are still better.

Needing only 525 for three really good tiles seems way too cheap. Buying other Players' tiles should stay prohibitively expensive.

To fix the Explorer tech problem.
On line 15:

Code:
UPDATE Units SET GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_COMMANDO' WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_EXPLORER';

To:
Code:
UPDATE Units SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_RAILROAD', GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_COMMANDO' WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_EXPLORER';

For EEVP Adventurer thingy

A simple fix to the UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER from EEVP, just put it on the bottom of Commando.sql

Simple code to prevent load issues, so just revert Explorer back to TECH_EE_EXPLORATION and upgrades to UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER
Code:
UPDATE Units
SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_EE_EXPLORATION', GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_EE_ADVENTURER'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_EXPLORER' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Units WHERE Type = 'UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER');

UPDATE Unit_ClassUpgrades
SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_ADVENTURER'
WHERE UnitType IN (SELECT Type FROM Units WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_EXPLORER')
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Units WHERE Type = 'UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER');

Make UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER upgrades to UNITCLASS_COMMANDO
Code:
UPDATE Units
SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_RAILROAD', GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_COMMANDO'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Units WHERE Type = 'UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER');

UPDATE Unit_ClassUpgrades
SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_COMMANDO'
WHERE UnitType IN (SELECT Type FROM Units WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_EE_ADVENTURER')
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Units WHERE Type = 'UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER');

CREATE TRIGGER EEVP_AdventurerCommandoFix
AFTER INSERT ON Units
WHEN NEW.Class = 'UNITCLASS_EE_ADVENTURER'
BEGIN
    UPDATE Units SET ObsoleteTech = 'TECH_RAILROAD', GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass = 'UNITCLASS_COMMANDO' WHERE Type = 'UNIT_EE_ADVENTURER';
END;

CREATE TRIGGER EEVP_AdventurerCommandoClassUpgrade_Replace
AFTER INSERT ON Unit_ClassUpgrades
WHEN NEW.UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_EE_ADVENTURER'
BEGIN
    UPDATE Unit_ClassUpgrades SET UnitClassType = 'UNITCLASS_COMMANDO' WHERE UnitType IN (SELECT Type FROM Units WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_EE_ADVENTURER');
END;

Or just put this Commando.sql file manually into the mod folder.

Attachments

• Commando fix.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom