1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Polish Empire for BTS - Expanded Edition

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by asioasioasio, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I glanced at this mod (and I've looked at others too)... am I correct to say there aren't any custom flavor-units out there that exist for the Polish Musketman?

P.S.
    Asio... you've got some bad NIF files in your Polish Mod... the Polish Rifleman and Cannon I can tell were borrowed from Danrell's Japanese Rifle and Cannon units. They appear as black silhouettes in the Civilopedia (even if they appear okay in-game), so something buggy is going on there... don't know if that causes other stability problems or not... anyways, since they use the same NIF files as Danrell's Jap units, I had those fixed in my mod some time ago (Jap Cannon and Rifle)... I have newer versions of those NIFs in the Wolfshanze Mod (look under Japan)... and they work fine with your Polish units and improve how they function in-game (will work in the Civilopedia now). You might want to check that out.

Still looking for a custom Polish Musketman too... do any exist?

2. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Awsome :)
    I'll gladly use the fixed one :)
    You're right - they we're based on japanese units made by danrell.

About musketman - unfortunately not. I'll try to reskin the musketman this week :)

3. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Maybe something like this?!?!?:

4. asioasioasio

Check pm :)
    The model is good base, but head is what really needs to be changed :)

5. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Oh Asio... not sure if you ever saw my Polish Biplane fighter (based on the Albatros)... but here it is:

Maybe you can find a home for it in your mod.

6. asioasioasio

It looks awsome -good job :)
    Tough what i shoul replace with it. Maybe Airship? I'm not big fun of modding this to much (it needs to be balanced and not overpowered and fit Firaxis standards). Perhaps it would be cool to use it as new module :)

7. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Hmmm... well... yeah... if you stick 100% to default Civ4 rules, there aren't any WWI aircraft at all... the first aircraft are WWII-level, and then you move-on to jets...

I did a very minor game-change in the Wolfshanze Mod to make-room for WWI fighters and bombers... it didn't require much work at all, leaves a more proper progression of flight, allows for a lot of new units for all nations and still gives "breathing room" between the units...

WWII fighters and bombers are statistically the same as they've always been... but I moved them off of the "Flight" tech and created a new tech called "Air Superiority" (which requires "Flight" and "Radio") and leads to "Advanced Flight". (Advance Flight needs Air Superiority and Sattelites). So WWII fighters and bombers (the default Civ4 ones) are now on "Air Superiority" tech (on a side-note, I also moved Paratroopers to this tech since they weren't used till WWII).

This then leaves the original "Flight" tech open for WWI fighters and bombers...
    Early Fighter: cost-80, attack-6, range-4 (I use a "Team Sopwith Pup" for the default)
    Early Bomber: cost-100, attack-8, range-6 (I use a "Team Handley Page" for the default)

Just a thought... or don't bother with WWI aircraft at all... but it's easy to do, there's room for it in-game, and Smitty made a million WWI aircraft models for us to play with. In a nutshell, making one new tech allowed proper spacing and progression for WWI aircraft.

8. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

On the subject of a Polish Musketman... how about this guy? (borrowed from Hungary, but he's got that eastern european look and he's wearing red).

Attached Files:

9. asioasioasio

wow looks nice :)
    I'm adding it to the mod :)

10. nedflanders02

nedflanders02 Chieftain

I love this mod, great work!

11. nadszyszkownik

nadszyszkownik Chieftain

Asio, you still working on that mod, or did it get abandoned?

12. asioasioasio

I.m still working on it. The progress is slow because 1939 has higher priority and KTO Rosomak takes a lot of time - it's hard to make everything from scratch (I even didn't have blueprints so the propotions and texture differs a little bit from orginal - but not much (probably if you're not geek in military/ produce this vehicles / or use them in afghanistan you won't notiece the difference)).

I could even say that this unit is harder to make than Katuysha wich i made long time ago.

Of course it's work in progress and texture needs another 20 hours to complete it. I want to make it as good quality as i can get with my skills - so you need to be patient :)

13. DWOLF

DWOLF Death Before Dishonor

wow...that looks great. The detail it's amazing.

14. nadszyszkownik

nadszyszkownik Chieftain

After updating BTS to 3.17 I can't play the mod anymore. Game crashes to desktop early during gameplay initiation. :(

15. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

The Wolfshanze Mod includes a fully-functional Poland and is compatible with v3.17 of BtS. You can try that until Asio gets his mod up and compatible with v3.17. Link in sig-line.

16. mamba

mamba Deity

Hehe, Wolf happily advertising his mod again ;)

My mod also contains a Poland, so you could use that as well :D

17. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Hehe, mamba happily advertising his mod again ;)

18. asioasioasio

Could you make me big favour? Please support idea of adding Poland to Civilization V
    We, fans of the game, would like to see a change we can believe in! We dream of playing as a Poles, if not in an original release, then maybe in one of expansion sets that for sure are being planned. Please join our cause on FaceBook and back up our efforts by undersigning our petition on official 2K Games Forum. It might be just one small click for a man, one giant leap for civilized mankind. Many thanks for your support.

If you want thank you for my hard work on the mod please just click:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Polan...ivilization-V/10150105328225319?v=wall&ref=nf become fan on facebook and write couple of words on 2K thread :). Thank you

19. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

Funny that this thread percolated to the top

Pilsudski!
    24 February 2010
    Click picture for download

20. asioasioasio

Oh man that's awsome work. I'm right away to start working on update. Thanks!!!!! :)