[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
Replying since I found a fix for my own situation. The mod works for 4.4.1, but for some reason was disabled not by major overhaul mods I used (like future/enlightment era), but a single WONDER mod. In my case it was the Brooklyn bridge wonder from the steam workshop. Hope that helps you prune your loadlist!
Brooklyn Bridge is the part of MW. I recommend looking through current list of Wonders in the op, before enabling anything outside.

I found a bug playing this mod with the latest version 4.4.1 When I select the Communitu_79a mapscript in the game, marshes look like tundra and strategic resources of iron and horses aren't being revealed at all :c5unhappy:

Screenshot is of the mods being used: vp, this mod and ingame editor.

Attachments

• Database.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Lua.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Test Elizabeth_0000 BC-4000.zip
    179.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot (169).png
    Screenshot (169).png
    2 MB · Views: 16
I found a bug playing this mod with the latest version 4.4.1 When I select the Communitu_79a mapscript in the game, marshes look like tundra and strategic resources of iron and horses aren't being revealed at all :c5unhappy:

Screenshot is of the mods being used: vp, this mod and ingame editor.
I just encountered the same problem.
My intuition tells me that the "AssignStartingPlots.lua" file in \2.NaturalWonders\DefaultFiles folder may be is the culprit and in need of an update.

EDIT: I tried renaming the file (deleting it is also ok) so that the game doesn't load it and overwrite the same file from Communitu mapscript.
Horse/iron are back and marshes are not tundrified but normal.
The placement of some of the new natural wonders probably won't work but at least the game is playable.

Last edited:
I just encountered the same problem.
My intuition tells me that the "AssignStartingPlots.lua" file in \2.NaturalWonders\DefaultFiles folder may be is the culprit and in need of an update.

EDIT: I tried renaming the file (deleting it is also ok) so that the game doesn't load it and overwrite the same file from Communitu mapscript.
Horse/iron are back and marshes are not tundrified but normal.
The placement of some of the new natural wonders probably won't work but at least the game is playable.
I'm working on it. Maybe in next version there will be new file changing only crucial functions. I must test it out.

v22 is finally on! It may contain some flaws, as I lacked motivation (mostly) and time to check it out properly, but I think everything is on it's place. I will post any necessary bugfixes if you find something.
Code:
- updated AssignStartinPlots.lua file; added special replacement file with only reworked functions (must be tested, but if it works, then there will be less compatibility issues);
- new World Wonder icons for Plain of Jars, Sigiriya and Hollywood (thanks to @hokath);
- corrected World Wonder icons for Sanbo Honbu (thanks to @hokath);
- changed manual entries for sea resources to automatic ones with a query (Itsukushima);
- update GPS for new Espionage System;
- fixed Revolutionary Museum requirement description;

v22.1 with few balance changes and fixes:
Code:
- Plain of Jars: moved to Military Theory (was Calendar);
- Plain of Jars and Marae Arahurahu now mention how much Faith they produce on unit kill (base tooltip addition);
- St. Peter's Basilica: now grants 1 League Vote for each 6 CSs at the game start;
- Fletcher: now grants "Yerba de la Fleche" promotion globally (was only for units trained in this city);
- "Yerba de la Fleche": now +50% Attacking RCS vs Wounded Units (was 5% chance for instakill);

v22.2 with a fix:
Code:
- Rock of Gibraltar: now grants 1 League Vote for each 8 CSs at the game start;

Hi Adan, I have Great Blue Hole natural wonder and just discover Biology. Now I can build "Deep Ocean Research Facility" but in all cities, is it normal ?
Thanks.
Nope. I will check. Should be all coastal.

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant all coastal, I thought it was only for the city with the natural wonder.
So everything fine I guess.

So everything fine I guess.
Yes,I thought it might be too powerful but in reality (at least on the maps I use) cities don't have too many ocean spaces except at the very end of the game.
Maybe the +2 :c5science: Science is a little too much with the two buildings constructed.

Yes,I thought it might be too powerful but in reality (at least on the maps I use) cities don't have too many ocean spaces except at the very end of the game.
Maybe the +2 :c5science: Science is a little too much with the two buildings constructed.
Test it if you can and let me know how it performs.

I played a game with this mod and love the variety of new wonders and their tile based constraints.

How can I change the % production increase from owned wonders? I like to play extremely tall games on, sometimes single city challenges, and the % increase is really killing me.

Are you sure Wieliczka Salt Mine works as intended? Because over many campaigns I played, I had multiple cities which had been founded on hills and had mines (sometimes more than two), yet this wonder couldn't be constructed. I really can't figure out why, because sometimes it can be built and sometimes not. I'd say game has issues with recognising "places for salt". Also even after playing to late ages I can see some tiles were perfectly fine for spawning salt (no resources whatsoever), yet game didn't recognise it. How is it calculated exactly?

From my experiences, best guess I have is, it arbitrarily deems all plots with forest and jungles as not avaible. But the real problem is that decision does not change even after forest/jungle is removed from said tiles

From my experiences, best guess I have is, it arbitrarily deems all plots with forest and jungles as not avaible. But the real problem is that decision does not change even after forest/jungle is removed from said tiles
What about Lavaux or Ruhr Valley? Their code is literally the same, but first spawns Wine and second Coal instead of Salt. I took original spawning conditions used in VP. Maybe they are so harsh that sometimes spawning spots cannot be found. If I find some time, I will look at that, but not this week I suppose.

Top Bottom