[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
There are a few wonders that are useless if you capture them. e.g. the oracle.

Edit: so my investigation found one thing quickly: the Sigiriya wonder's +3 gold +1 faith theming is not actually true: the code is +6 gold, +3 culture :D So it's really not so bad. Although a museum is +4 for the same cost, it comes so much later.

I've attached the notes I took for the interested reader.

Attachments

• morewonders_list.txt
    790 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
There are a few wonders that are useless if you capture them. e.g. the oracle.

Edit: so my investigation found one thing quickly: the Sigiriya wonder's +3 gold +1 faith theming is not actually true: the code is +6 gold, +3 culture :D So it's really not so bad. Although a museum is +4 for the same cost, it comes so much later.

I've attached the notes I took for the interested reader.
Are these suggested values?

No, sorry if I wasn't clear. There is a typo.
The tooltip says +3 gold, +1 culture if themed.
Actually it is +6 gold, +3 culture.
1711137326822.png

Hi Adan, do you think this is possible to update the "AssignStartingPlots.lua" with the fixes that prevent for everybody to spawn really close on some maps ?

Last edited:
Hi Adan, do you think this is possible to update the "AssignStartingPlots.lua" with the fixes that prevent for everybody to spawn really close on some maps ?
Asp.lua was updated in last update? Ok, I will add that to my TODO list.

I have a question about Peterhof, as now we almost don't have buildings that provide GAP, and Peterhof boosts GAP by 15% during WLKD. In my current game before starting Peterhof tried to see how GAP I get, found 2 GAP, 1 from Pyramids and another from Chichen Itza, so that boost will give 0. Could we change boost and give more flat GAP. May be 10 instead 6.

I have a question about Peterhof, as now we almost don't have buildings that provide GAP, and Peterhof boosts GAP by 15% during WLKD. In my current game before starting Peterhof tried to see how GAP I get, found 2 GAP, 1 from Pyramids and another from Chichen Itza, so that boost will give 0. Could we change boost and give more flat GAP. May be 10 instead 6.
I will go with better % boost then. There are multiple wonders giving GAP: Buddhas of Bamyan, Etchmiadzin Cathedral, Prophet's Mosque, Great Zimbabwe, Wartburg, Falun Mine etc... I thing getting few of them might be crucial to get the additional yields.

v22.4 with few fixes:
Code:
- Peterhof:
    - gains additional GAP;
    - GAP boost increased to +25% (was +15%);
- updated AssignStartingPlots.lua file;
- fixed Sigiriya's description;

v22.4.1 with a fix.

Done.

Ok, folks, can you check if changing line 642 in UniqueWorldWondersRequirement.lua file from
Code:
            if pSpecificPlot:CanHaveResource(eCheckedResource, false) and pSpecificPlot:GetNumResource() == 0 then
to
Code:
            if pSpecificPlot:CanHaveResource(eCheckedResource, true) and pSpecificPlot:GetNumResource() == 0 then
helps? This change is savegame compatible. It should allow spawning ignore latitude. Maybe this is the cause.
Sorry, but this did not help. I have recent example, city build in a hill next to the lake and river. Building Lavaux there is unavaible. I'm also including savefile, so maybe you can look and find out why it doesn't work. I have downloaded newest version, v22.3, and doublechecked that this specific line is set to eCheckedResource, true.

Edit: For other mods besides VP, I'm using '3rd and 4th Unique components' and 'Pontoon Bridges'. None of those should have any effect on WW requirements tho.

Edit 2: I kept playing this save, and Lavaux somehow became avaible to build after another 70 or so turns. No clue why. Only thing that changed, a few jungle tiles was chopped down in the meantime. It was however still only one wine, instead of two. Definitelly does not work as intended

Attachments

• 2024-04-13_18h41_06.png
    2024-04-13_18h41_06.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 2024-04-13_18h43_48.png
    2024-04-13_18h43_48.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • Gajah Mada_0106 AD-0920.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sorry, but this did not help. I have recent example, city build in a hill next to the lake and river. Building Lavaux there is unavaible. I'm also including savefile, so maybe you can look and find out why it doesn't work. I have downloaded newest version, v22.3, and doublechecked that this specific line is set to eCheckedResource, true.

Edit: For other mods besides VP, I'm using '3rd and 4th Unique components' and 'Pontoon Bridges'. None of those should have any effect on WW requirements tho.

Edit 2: I kept playing this save, and Lavaux somehow became avaible to build after another 70 or so turns. No clue why. Only thing that changed, a few jungle tiles was chopped down in the meantime. It was however still only one wine, instead of two. Definitelly does not work as intended
It looks like everything is correct. Wine requires Flat Plains or Grassland without a Forest (all of them on your map have no such, including 2 not improved yet). That's why you cannot have it in Medan, because almost all tiles had Forests or Jungles. When I deleted one, Lavaux shown up in the city list. It did not spawn on Hill though. I will think about these Forests and Jungles, but it can be tricky to do so.

Last edited:
Wow, I just took a look at all the wonders and noticed a lot of them are pretty OP. I mean, +1 food to all farms right from the neolithic era is a gamebreaker by itself.

+1 food to all farms right from the neolithic era is a gamebreaker by itself.
At least with the harder prereqs this needs 2 farms to build, so it comes out quite slow. If you think about it, you don't really get much food from this until you start farming multiple cities most of the time.

Having said that I just got Turn 10 Mohenjo-Daro!! Holy horsehocky I'm gaming.

There is an issue with modpacks that include both More Wonders and Unique City-States. No city-states spawn at all, neither do ancient ruins or resources, except the few bonus ones around every player's start location. I've tested bare VP+MW, bare VP+UCS, bare VP+MW+UCS, a lot of mods with MW, a lot of mods with UCS and a lot of mods with both and I'm confident that the issue only appears if both MW and UCS are enabled, irregardless of other mods.
If you are going to try and fix this, I can make you a modpack or several to save a bit of your time. If not, can you please point me in the direction of the map generation changes (as I assume that's what causing the problem) in both mods? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom