[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have had something of the opposite issue with that wonder. I am able to build it in cities where there aren't places for salt, and no salt is added to the map when I build it.

What about Lavaux or Ruhr Valley? Their code is literally the same, but first spawns Wine and second Coal instead of Salt. I took original spawning conditions used in VP. Maybe they are so harsh that sometimes spawning spots cannot be found. If I find some time, I will look at that, but not this week I suppose.
Sorta late, but I have experienced this with Ruhr Valley several times. (dedicated a couple-games to getting it actually), only for it to not be buildable despite having met all the conditions, and later discovering that there were valid tiles that did not have any resources on them. There were two instances in which it wasn't buildable in these very specific circumstances and both them involved several empty forested tiles. (they didn't have any Uranium or Aluminium on them either).

Are you sure Wieliczka Salt Mine works as intended? Because over many campaigns I played, I had multiple cities which had been founded on hills and had mines (sometimes more than two), yet this wonder couldn't be constructed. I really can't figure out why, because sometimes it can be built and sometimes not. I'd say game has issues with recognising "places for salt". Also even after playing to late ages I can see some tiles were perfectly fine for spawning salt (no resources whatsoever), yet game didn't recognise it. How is it calculated exactly?
I have had something of the opposite issue with that wonder. I am able to build it in cities where there aren't places for salt, and no salt is added to the map when I build it.
Sorta late, but I have experienced this with Ruhr Valley several times. (dedicated a couple-games to getting it actually), only for it to not be buildable despite having met all the conditions, and later discovering that there were valid tiles that did not have any resources on them. There were two instances in which it wasn't buildable in these very specific circumstances and both them involved several empty forested tiles. (they didn't have any Uranium or Aluminium on them either).
Ok, folks, can you check if changing line 642 in UniqueWorldWondersRequirement.lua file from
Code:
            if pSpecificPlot:CanHaveResource(eCheckedResource, false) and pSpecificPlot:GetNumResource() == 0 then
to
Code:
            if pSpecificPlot:CanHaveResource(eCheckedResource, true) and pSpecificPlot:GetNumResource() == 0 then
helps? This change is savegame compatible. It should allow spawning ignore latitude. Maybe this is the cause.

I'll check in my next game, I don't have save before building it at hand now. And as for previous question, I never built Ruhr Valley, so I don't know about coal, but I had issues when Lavaux only spawned 1 wine. Tho contrary to salt, wine can spawn on tiles with forest(if I was right about forest thing). Anyway amount of wine not spawning for me was significantly smaller than salt not spawning.

Edit: There is also Falun Mine. For this one, I can't remember if I ever had 4 mines and also was unable to built id, but I definitelly remember copper not spawning at all, after building was finished.

Last edited:
In my game just conquered AI city with Cerro de Potosi. No silver around it - lots of empty tiles . There is mostly desert .
Can you check with IGE if you have a dummy building?

Hold up. Cerro de Potosi should spawn silver mines? I saw gold mines around El Dorado, but I don't think there was any silver around Cerro. But have that wonder very rarely, so now I'm not sure. Will also keep an aye for this.

Hold up. Cerro de Potosi should spawn silver mines? I saw gold mines around El Dorado, but I don't think there was any silver around Cerro. But have that wonder very rarely, so now I'm not sure. Will also keep an aye for this.
Cerro and El Dorado should have resources (Gold or Silver) naturally spawned around themselves during map generation. I generated few random maps with Cerro and it worked and spawned 2 Silver around. But without mines of course. I used latest VP. If you have problems with both, send me lua.log. There are lines for them:
Code:
print("--!EL_DORADO acessible tiles around:", #tAcessiblePlots, #tReservePlots)
print("--!POTOSI acessible tiles around:", #tAcessiblePlots, #tReservePlots)

Last edited:
Also I conquered AI city that had Grand Mesa and I don't see dummy buldings either.
Dummies should spawn in the capital. Are you sure there are not there? I checked and it looks like everything is ok on my side.

Last edited:
I'll check in my next game, I don't have save before building it at hand now. And as for previous question, I never built Ruhr Valley, so I don't know about coal, but I had issues when Lavaux only spawned 1 wine. Tho contrary to salt, wine can spawn on tiles with forest(if I was right about forest thing). Anyway amount of wine not spawning for me was significantly smaller than salt not spawning.

Edit: There is also Falun Mine. For this one, I can't remember if I ever had 4 mines and also was unable to built id, but I definitelly remember copper not spawning at all, after building was finished.
Falun Mine could be build in every city regardless if it could spawn Copper or not. That could be the reason. I will fix that and lower the requirement to 3 mines as well. Check for the next update when it is released and let me know if it works for you. I did a quick test and it was ok.

v22.3 with some fixes and additions:
Code:
- clarified texts for Rock of Gibraltar and St. Peter's Basilica;
- added 3d model for Eye of Sahara (by @ghost toast);
- added 3d (better) model for Dallol (by @ghost toast);
- added Falun Mine's missing requirement (possible Copper placement);
- lowered Falun Mine's requirement (now 3 Mines);
- Eye of the Sahara now spawns Mountains around more frequently;
- fixed Tag error (with VP 4.5.1);
- minor text fixes;

Last edited:
I think theming bonuses could use a pass. Every now and again you find one and its just like "+3 gold". I will compile a table, but I think we would agree that the bonuses should be around twice as good as a normal building!

P.s. Wartburg is actually slightly more culture than amphitheatre, right?
wonder theme+bonus is 10 culture, which is 3.333 per work
amphitheatre theme+bonus is 6 culture, which is 3 per work
:)

edit: jesus christ, Golden Dragon Pagoda can go hard. +30 theming bonus with all criteria :O

Last edited:
I think theming bonuses could use a pass. Every now and again you find one and its just like "+3 gold". I will compile a table, but I think we would agree that the bonuses should be around twice as good as a normal building!

P.s. Wartburg is actually slightly more culture than amphitheatre, right?
wonder theme+bonus is 10 culture, which is 3.333 per work
amphitheatre theme+bonus is 6 culture, which is 3 per work
:)

edit: jesus christ, Golden Dragon Pagoda can go hard. +30 theming bonus with all criteria :O
Wartburg requires 3 GWW by you. And if you get it in conquered city, where you don't have a writers guild, so no bonus for GWriters, it's practically useless.

Top Bottom