[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wonder Planner updated to v9. They reworked database fields for espionage and that's why it was crashing.
How about Trade Opportunities and the Spy icon in City-States view?
Does this mean Wonder Planner V9 will no longer work with any VP version which predates the new DLL with the new espionage system? The official version for download is still the December version and I'm concerned updated modmods won't work with it.

They deleted some fields in database and added new ones, so if you use older VP version, just use v8 instead. It works for any VP that predates the 5-5-2 release.

Rockefeller Center non flavor description is wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    308.1 KB · Views: 40
Hey, Aden. I am using your mod with passion. Yet I'm just wondering why lakes are considered as coasts? Inland cities with lakes attached don't get to build wonders that require coasts be absent. For example, mohejo from ancient world requires coasts be absent yet if you have any sort of Lake, you can't build it :(
@HungryForFood Sorry to bother you twice about that, but could you look at this? I remember I used database values you prepared in dll (IsNoCoast), and it seems to be broken. In lua I had some workaround:
Code:
-- checks if city is between River and Sea and adds this condition (normally it would be treated like city with Lake)
-- Sea and Lake        =    FreshWater == true,     Water>=1 == true            true
-- Lake and River    =    FreshWater == true,     Water>=1 == true            true
-- Sea and River    =    FreshWater == true,     Water>=1 == true            true? (should be false)
-- Sea                =    FreshWater == false,     Water>=1 == true            false
-- Lake                =    FreshWater == true,     Water>=1 == true            true
-- River            =    FreshWater == true,     Water>=1 == false            false
function IsLakeWithOcean(ePlayer, eCity, eBuilding)
    if not tValidIsNearLake[eBuilding] then return true end
    if bReachedMaxEra then return false end

local pPlayer = Players[ePlayer]

if not pPlayer:IsAlive() then return false end

local pCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(eCity)
    local iCityX = pCity:GetX()
    local iCityY = pCity:GetY()

if pCity:IsCoastal(1) then -- city is adjacent to at least one water tile
        for dir = 0, DirectionTypes.NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES - 1 do
            if Map.PlotDirection(iCityX, iCityY, dir):IsLake() then
                return true
            end
        end
    end

return false
end
GameEvents.CityCanConstruct.Add(IsLakeWithOcean)
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I have built Mohenjo Daro in my current game, no problem. I'm using April version before spy rework. Lakes suppose to be less than 10 tiles
That's right. 10 tiles is the limit. @Denn Can you remember how many tiles had that Lake in your game? Thanks @AndreyK. If you have some more info about this problem, let me know, please.

Bug, I think. I can't build Qalhat on my coastal city with horses. I can build any coastal features (ships, Lighthouse, Harbor, etc), but not Qalhat.
In the city next door it's avaible.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-28_20-27-1.png
    upload_2021-6-28_20-27-1.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 39
  • upload_2021-6-28_20-28-33.png
    upload_2021-6-28_20-28-33.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 31
Just move that horses with IGE. Now works fine.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-28_20-36-41.png
    upload_2021-6-28_20-36-41.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 39
Just move that horses with IGE. Now works fine.
So to summarize, it's working fine, or there's a problem? It should only check for horses in 3-tile range and coast as far as I remember. Code is pure SQL from VP.
Code:
UPDATE Buildings SET Water = 1, MinAreaSize = 10 WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_QALHAT';

INSERT INTO Building_LocalResourceOrs
                (BuildingType,        ResourceType)
    VALUES        ('BUILDING_QALHAT',    'RESOURCE_HORSE');
I noticed that in first 2 pictures you have 7 horses, and on 3rd - 9 horses. Maybe VP was not counting these horses.

Last edited:
I'm not aware, so I must ask: Have they fixed IsNoCoast requirement? I had no response from @HungryForFood.

There seems to be a bug with the kamikaze promotion granted by the Sanbo Honbu wonder. Instead of being given to only air military units, the kamikaze promotion is given to every unit, including civilian units.

edit: I saw the above issue in a playthrough with many modmods that were not blatantly incompatible. On a different test save with only Vox Populi, More Wonders, and in-game editor (to bug test), the above kamikaze promotion issue was not present. However, there was a new issue of not receiving fleet of the sun (naval military promotion) or kamikaze at all. The land military promotion imperial army was working fine. Though this may just be due to a fault in my bug testing methodology.

Last edited:
Hello! I really liked playing with that mod when I played like 1 year ago.

But using the 0.11 version (is it the newest?) I get this bug :(

There seems to be a bug with the kamikaze promotion granted by the Sanbo Honbu wonder. Instead of being given to only air military units, the kamikaze promotion is given to every unit, including civilian units.

edit: I saw the above issue in a playthrough with many modmods that were not blatantly incompatible. On a different test save with only Vox Populi, More Wonders, and in-game editor (to bug test), the above kamikaze promotion issue was not present. However, there was a new issue of not receiving fleet of the sun (naval military promotion) or kamikaze at all. The land military promotion imperial army was working fine. Though this may just be due to a fault in my bug testing methodology.
Fleet of the sun is given by the same mechanics like Imperial Army, so I cannot find the way why it is faulty. With kamikaze, there maybe a mod conflict then. If you say it works fine with only VP. There I cannot help more without more info from you. It seems that only you have similar problem.
Hello! I really liked playing with that mod when I played like 1 year ago.

But using the 0.11 version (is it the newest?) I get this bug :(
Yes, it's the latest one. With "this" you mean kamikaze bug or IsNoCoast problem, or something else?

With kamikaze, there maybe a mod conflict then. If you say it works fine with only VP. There I cannot help more without more info from you. It seems that only you have similar problem.
With only VP 7-1-3 and More Wonders loaded, kamikaze has the same issue as fleet of the sun of not appearing at all. Imperial army works fine in both cases I mentioned. What additional information do you need?

There must be issues with the dummies then in latest VP version, but I cannot understand why. Code is same for all dummies. Can you check with IGE if you get SANBO_DUMMY and SANBO_2_DUMMY after building Sanbo Honbu? First gives you Fleet of the Sun, and second Kamikaze. Can you check with previous versions of VP? Can you also check if other dummies (one or two) show up with other World Wonders, f.e.
Code:
-- Chevaliers (1)
-- Itsukushima (2)
-- Qalhat (3)
-- Gate of the Sun (4)
-- Great Zimbabwe (5)
-- Kilwa Kisiwani (6)
-- Marae Arahurahu (7)
-- Kuk Swamp (8)
-- St. Peter's Basilica (9)
-- Panama Canal (10)
-- Palm Jumeirah (11)
-- Arecibo Observatory (12)
-- Rockefeller Center (13)
-- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (14)
-- Sanbo Honbu (15)

I will try to verify that too when I get back home.

Unfortunately I cannot see anything that would collide with dummies in VP changelogs...

@m0nk3yst1ck Sorry to ask, but can you tell me if in your games IsNoCoast requirement works fine? I'm not aware if it was fixed in VP, and I don't want to escalate the issue without being sure. @HungryForFood is not responding for quite a time and that's a bad sign.

Last edited:
There must be issues with the dummies then in latest VP version, but I cannot understand why. Code is same for all dummies. Can you check with IGE if you get SANBO_DUMMY and SANBO_2_DUMMY after building Sanbo Honbu? First gives you Fleet of the Sun, and second Kamikaze. Can you check with previous versions of VP? Can you also check if other dummies (one or two) show up with other World Wonders, f.e.
Code:
-- Chevaliers (1)
-- Itsukushima (2)Next >
-- Qalhat (3)
-- Gate of the Sun (4)
-- Great Zimbabwe (5)
-- Kilwa Kisiwani (6)
-- Marae Arahurahu (7)
-- Kuk Swamp (8)
-- St. Peter's Basilica (9)
-- Panama Canal (10)
-- Palm Jumeirah (11)
-- Arecibo Observatory (12)
-- Rockefeller Center (13)
-- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (14)
-- Sanbo Honbu (15)

I will try to verify that too when I get back home.

Unfortunately I cannot see anything that would collide with dummies in VP changelogs...

@m0nk3yst1ck Sorry to ask, but can you tell me if in your games IsNoCoast requirement works fine? I'm not aware if it was fixed in VP, and I don't want to escalate the issue without being sure. @HungryForFood is not responding for quite a time and that's a bad sign.
Sorry for the delay. I tested the following in VP 7-1-3 with only More Wonders and IGE.

There is no bug of not receiving fleet of the sun or kamikaze. I was just being stupid and forgot to spawn the two dummies for Sanbo Honbu when forcibly spawning the wonder with IGE to test for the first bug I mentioned in my original post.

That first bug is very much still present. Kamikaze appears on only air units when the wonder is built, but it does not function until the game is reloaded and one turn is progressed. However, although it functions at this point, kamikaze is given to every friendly unit, including civilian units, so it works with land ranged and naval ranged units too. It is also given to all newly created units after one turn.

Fleet of the sun and imperial army function on the same turn the wonder is built, but there are a few bugs and/or discrepancies with the promotion descriptions. Fleet of the sun doesn't apply at all to naval ranged units like the description says it's supposed to. For melee naval units it works but the bonus to flanking seems to be 15% instead of the stated 10% because there ends up being a 25% strength bonus per flank.

For imperial army, the "10% bonus combat in rough terrain" part of the promotion for land units seems to work fine for melee land units but not for ranged land units. Using melee land units, the bonus is both listed in the strength breakdown and I receive it only when the enemy is in rough terrain, regardless of whether or not my own unit is in rough terrain, so I assume this is the intended effect of the promotion. Using ranged land units, the bonus is still listed in the strength breakdown only when the enemy unit is in rough terrain (as if that is the deciding factor for the bonus to be applied like it was with melee units), but the bonus is actually applied against enemy units regardless of their terrain when my own unit is in rough terrain.

I didn't check previous versions but these bugs are probably not unique to VP 7-1-3 because on the May 28 hotfix version I encountered the kamikaze bug (though at the time I did not explicitly investigate fleet of the sun or imperial army).

I don't think the "isnocoast" requirement is working. In non-coastal lake cities, for both small (1 tile) and large (5+ tile) lakes, I am only able to build coastal wonders and not inland wonders like Red Fort.

Heads up that I’m taking sagrada familia, Karlstejn castle, and Wat Arun for a different mod

Sorry for the delay. I tested the following in VP 7-1-3 with only More Wonders and IGE.

There is no bug of not receiving fleet of the sun or kamikaze. I was just being stupid and forgot to spawn the two dummies for Sanbo Honbu when forcibly spawning the wonder with IGE to test for the first bug I mentioned in my original post.

That first bug is very much still present. Kamikaze appears on only air units when the wonder is built, but it does not function until the game is reloaded and one turn is progressed. However, although it functions at this point, kamikaze is given to every friendly unit, including civilian units, so it works with land ranged and naval ranged units too. It is also given to all newly created units after one turn.

Fleet of the sun and imperial army function on the same turn the wonder is built, but there are a few bugs and/or discrepancies with the promotion descriptions. Fleet of the sun doesn't apply at all to naval ranged units like the description says it's supposed to. For melee naval units it works but the bonus to flanking seems to be 15% instead of the stated 10% because there ends up being a 25% strength bonus per flank.

For imperial army, the "10% bonus combat in rough terrain" part of the promotion for land units seems to work fine for melee land units but not for ranged land units. Using melee land units, the bonus is both listed in the strength breakdown and I receive it only when the enemy is in rough terrain, regardless of whether or not my own unit is in rough terrain, so I assume this is the intended effect of the promotion. Using ranged land units, the bonus is still listed in the strength breakdown only when the enemy unit is in rough terrain (as if that is the deciding factor for the bonus to be applied like it was with melee units), but the bonus is actually applied against enemy units regardless of their terrain when my own unit is in rough terrain.

I didn't check previous versions but these bugs are probably not unique to VP 7-1-3 because on the May 28 hotfix version I encountered the kamikaze bug (though at the time I did not explicitly investigate fleet of the sun or imperial army).

I don't think the "isnocoast" requirement is working. In non-coastal lake cities, for both small (1 tile) and large (5+ tile) lakes, I am only able to build coastal wonders and not inland wonders like Red Fort.
Wow, thanks for complete feedback. Now it's my turn:
  • 15% bonus from Fleet of the Sun was my mistake, as I didn't change the value, but changed the description. Should be 10% as you mentioned;
  • Indeed, flanking of Fleet of the Sun is not working on ranged naval units, so I will cut it from Carriers, Subs and Naval Ranged. Maybe I should chnge the bonus to more universal? Any ideas?
  • Imperial Army gives the Rough terrain bonus, when enemy unit is on Rough terrain for both types. How did you noticed, that Ranged unit bonus is applied otherwise?
  • Imperial Army gives 3 bonuses: RoughAttack, RoughDefense and RoughRangedAttackMod. It seems that last one is useless, because 1st one works for both unit types. I will cut it, because now they got 20% bonus total from this promo.
  • Kamikaze activates after turn change. That's how it is programmed now; You don't need to do reloading.
  • Kamikaze is not applied to civilians in my games, but I did small change/code reverse, because I missed helicopters. Maybe it helped.
  • I will reverse my old code for IsNoCoast then. Database contains some errors.

v0.12 is released, so please take a while, and recheck everything once more.

Attachments

• 20210714180927_1.jpg
    20210714180927_1.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 24
Heads up that I’m taking sagrada familia, Karlstejn castle, and Wat Arun for a different mod
Take them and do your best. I didn't plan to program them at all. May I ask what the mod will be?

Top Bottom