[GS] (POLL) What will be the second first look?

What will be the second first look?

• Inca

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Maori

Votes: 92 40.4%
  • The Ottomans

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Phoenicia/Carthage

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • Sweden

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Mali

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • Canada

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Eleanor

Votes: 9 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Maori (followed closely by Inca) will be revealed here near the beginning of the process - since they are so featured in the Trailer (and the Trailer's preview image).

It does seem that the one thing that would hold either of those 2 back is reliance on a new feature in the game that Firaxis aren't ready to fully explore/describe. Hungary used the new Geothermal Vents, and of course it's City State abilities should synthesize well with how we expect the new Diplomatic Victory to work. However, none of those abilities required the new feature set to be more understood than it already is.

Hmm I'm going to go with Dido. I think mainly to avoid having another European civ right away, and to introduce a new female leader. Though definitely I could see the Inca/Maori, I still think they'll go with Phoenicia/Carthage.

Ottomans for the joke.
Mali for my heart.

I expected it to be the Maori the first time, so this time I'm hoping it is the Maori...Can't wait to find out their stats!

I think Kublai would've been better to introduce as a leader for two civs, but that's the main thing I would guess Eleanor has going for her.

To answer the question, however, I'll say Maori. Just a feeling.

It will be an oxymoron.

In all seriousness, my most anticipated one is Inca, I hope we see that next week.

I expect Eleanor to follow the pattern of RF (if I'm not mistaken someone highlighted that RF previews were the 4 new civs, then Chandra (new leader) then the other 4 new civs. Is that correct? If so I'd bet it will be done the same way this time.

I think it will be another new one with The Maori

I think that, after a new, European civ, they'll introduce a non-European returning civ. So I voted Inca. I think the Maori will come in week 3, as they also featured in the trailer.

I expect Eleanor will released around christmass or new year time , so less people comment coz to busy at parties or other fun stuff. Next is female prob leader so...if leak is real then Dido my guess is.

(I'm still not convinced we'll be seeing Eleanor. She's such a nonsensical choice for either civ she could potentially be attached to...)

Well, I find Catherine's inclusion quite nonsensical as well, so I wouldn't really be surprised by Eleanor.

Well, I find Catherine's inclusion quite nonsensical as well, so I wouldn't really be surprised by Eleanor.
I'm not a huge fan of CdM, but she's an inspired choice next to Eleanor. :undecide: Also when both France and England already have dubious leader choices, adding another dubious leader to either or both countries is hardly helpful...

Casting my vote for Dido. I have a hunch that a part of the reason why they might have held back the Ottomans was to take advantage of some new mechanics, so they'd have to explain them in greater depth before their FL. Canada seems like a shoe-in for the closing FL especially since they'll likely involve the new diplomacy mechanics heavily. I do think they'll go for a female leader next, and between Dido and Kristina I think they're more likely to stick Kristina in the middle slump instead.

TIL there are people who aren't incredibly excited to see what they do with Eleanor (who will be last, as the wild card, à la Venice.)

I'm not a huge fan of CdM, but she's an inspired choice next to Eleanor. :undecide: Also when both France and England already have dubious leader choices, adding another dubious leader to either or both countries is hardly helpful...
I actually think the opposite, I find Eleanor's inclusion more sensible than Catherine's. I mean, she was queen regent for a long time while Richard was in jail and, as far as I know, her decisions aren't as controversial as Catherine's were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom