[R&F] Poll: which are the last 3 R&F civs?

Which are the last three expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...And just 12 hrs now until the moment of truth. What's it to be? Mapuche, Scotland or Zulu?

...And just 12 hrs now until the moment of truth. What's it to be? Mapuche, Scotland or Zulu?

I really should be asleep already, but isn't it just 8 hours from now? It's 1:05am CST for me and the teaser is always released at 9:00am CST.

I really should be asleep already, but isn't it just 8 hours from now? It's 1:05am CST for me and the teaser is always released at 9:00am CST.

Yeah, Freudian slip. It was 12 o'clock when I was typing. Ha!

Hoping for Scotland today, Mapuche next week followed by Zulu to generate maximum hype in the run-up to release...

How does Zulu increase hype? It is as obligatory and unexciting as Gandhi leading India.
It certainly wouldn't increase my hype! I was referring to the idea that the Zulu might be considered fan favourites outside this forum, as might be evidenced by their persistent obligatory appearances. Otherwise really they shouldn't be in.

I can't see that Mapuche would generate much hype among the fan base at large. Scotland, probably more so. But I do think they might be saving the Zulu announcement until last to end with a big-name returning Civ after all these new additions.

I think it will be Mapuche today. They liberately tease it in the previous official video.. lest the non-fanatic player will wonder whose that civilization

We know Zulu from Chinese leak + in-game digging.. Scotlandalso from Chinese leak + the art resources.

So evidence-based guessing, it's Mapuche > Scotland > Zulu

How does Zulu increase hype? It is as obligatory and unexciting as Gandhi leading India.

I mean, I always like the Zulu in these games. I'd be pretty excited for it. Maybe not India. Certainly wasn't too excited at the announcements of Georgia, Nubia, or Australia, but I really enjoyed those last two, so I have hope that I'll like the new additions. The Cree look great, and will likely be the first ones I try out.

I mean, I always like the Zulu in these games. I'd be pretty excited for it. Maybe not India. Certainly wasn't too excited at the announcements of Georgia, Nubia, or Australia, but I really enjoyed those last two, so I have hope that I'll like the new additions. The Cree look great, and will likely be the first ones I try out.

For me, the Zulu are a civ to be played once to get the achievements, then an NPC for the rest of time.

For me, the Zulu are a civ to be played once to get the achievements, then an NPC for the rest of time.

That's been a lot of the vanilla Civs for me. America, Macedon, France, Khmer. Still havent played Persia or either Greek civ, and I'm around 700 hours in.

For the exact same reasons the Macuphe don't increase hype.

For the general playerbase the staples are the exciting part, and there are plenty of others that view many of the new civs simple as "box checkers" for diversity sake. There is plenty of room for both, but don't think for a second that the old guard isn't top dog outside of this forum.

Top Bottom