1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2018.
  1. Ottoman Turks

76.3%
  2. Mali/Ghana/Songhai

47.1%
  3. Kilwa/Swahili

5.0%
  4. Zulu

17.9%
  5. Carthage

22.5%
  6. Inca

83.8%
  7. Georgia

35.4%
  8. Italy

21.7%
  9. Byzantine Empire

12.5%
  10. Maya

8.8%
  11. Portugal

6.3%
  12. Celts (in some form)

6.7%
  13. Phoenicians

5.0%
  14. Other South America

1.7%
  15. Other Central America/Caribbean

0.8%
  16. Other North America

5.0%
  17. Other Africa

11.3%
  18. Other Middle East

4.6%
  19. Other Europe

9.6%
  20. Central Asian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Southeast Asian

1.3%
  22. Oceanian

4.6%
  23. Other

0.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Can someone summarize the historical significance of Armenia for me? I'm really unfamiliar about their history, save for them converting to Christianity early on, and having an empire under Tigranes the Great.

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It‘s a strong candidate for one of the most unique and resisting cultures in my opinion. It kept its identity for a long time despite many obstacles.

eso12por8, nzcamel and Zaarin like this.
  3. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I've been following the city states very closely (not because I have a bet with a Canadian about how he thinks that American game companies will never include Canada in their games) and I've yet to see Yerevan to which I've suggested could point towards Georgia's inclusion (as they owned "Erevan" at one point)

MaximusPlatypus likes this.
  4. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

I think putting Yerevan in the Georgian City-List would tick off plenty of people. :p

Firaxis is slow at showing the Religious CSs in Rise&Fall videos for some reason, I think Armagh was the first one I saw.

5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Don't forgot about the Kardashians eventually.;)
    They were the first state to formally adopt Christianity, so it would be interesting gameplay wise if they would gain extra benefits for founding a religion first.

MarcosQuadros and Guandao like this.
  6. Yubnub

Yubnub Chieftain

I'd love to be proven wrong and have an African civ. Of those listed, Ashanti have a better chance with all things considered.

I think we should also think about the categories the remaining civs will fall into and what victory condition they will prioritize.

Korea - Scientific; science victory
    Netherlands - Cultural; culture victory
    Mongols - Militaristic; domination victory
    India - Militaristic; domination victory
    Cree - Trade; score victory (multipurpose)

This leaves Industrial and Religious types and religion victory remaining. I'm going to assume the devs want to avoid too many civs falling into one particular type. Of the top 6 as of this moment, the Ottomans seem to be an obvious choice to be (aggressively) religion oriented in order to avoid having too many militaristic civs. The Inca leans towards trade type, and their victory condition can be score. Now, excluding the Ottomans and the Inca, the next top 4 are Mali/Ghana/Songhai, Georgia, Italy, Carthage. Georgia would most likely be religious, and Italy should either be cultural or trade, but if Inca are in as a trade type, it would most likely be cultural. Carthage and Songhai have militaristic identities, which lessens their chances. Mali was trade oriented in civ 4, so this lessens their chances if the Inca are in as a trade type. I don't know much about Ghana to give them a type, but their inclusion over Songhai or Mali seems unlikely in general. None seem to me to be obvious industrial types.

Going with my original prediction, Ottomans and Georgia would be religious, Inca would be trade, and Italy would be cultural. 1 Scientific, 2 cultural, 2 militaristic, 2 religious, 2 trade. Perhaps even make Inca more industrial (large production bonus on terrace farms?).

7. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Byzantines would look great with a hippodrome replacement. Dark Age/Golden Age mechanics would work well with Theodora and Byzantium in general. They would need a Dromon ship; I don't know how a Byzantine civ would support two units so a Cataphract seems less likely.

8. Prester John 2

Prester John 2 Chieftain

The Byzantines/East-Romans could get special walls (salute to Theodosian Walls) or Varangians as special units, too. Honestly, I'm a little tired with the Byzantines always getting the Dromons.

Thormodr and Duuk like this.
  9. Ogro

Ogro Chieftain

What you guys think are the chances we see a Hungary civilization?

10. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

IMO, not in R&F but moderate thereafter. They could replace Civ5's Austria, or we could see them featured as Austria-Hungary. I personally would like to see them.

11. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I wouldn't mind it. But it's a little jarring, in that we still don't have an Ottoman Empire, and are just now getting Mongolia

nzcamel likes this.
  12. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

While I'd like a Hungarian civ, I'd *really* like an Austro-Hungarian Empire. Dual Monarchy -> ability to build 2 government districts.

Zaarin likes this.
  13. Zaarin

Yes, I was thinking Austria-Hungary's UA could be to have two capitals and two government districts.

Duuk likes this.
  14. Ogro

Ogro Chieftain

Glad to hear they have a chance. I was thinking in the lines of science bonus to them, because of the various inventions they made. They also should come up with a way to put the rubik's cube in the game =]
    But perhaps this is too recent history? Ideias about their traits if the civ was just Hungary?

15. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

Theodosy walls sounds more of a job for the Castellan governor - they were only in one city. Dromons properly orient Byzantium towards the sea so I don't think they're going away. Extra combat in districts sounds nice for them.

16. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

There is definitely a resemblance but it could still be a big tease. Who knows, we're all just making wild guesses, anyone who claims to be certain is kidding themselves. :)

17. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

I voted the Inca as my number one choice and I am happy they are the number one civ in the poll. Hear it loud and clear, Firaxis! If by some strange reasoning you didn't include them, well, you have three weeks to make it happen or your will offend at the very least Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador and Peru, not to mention at least 183, and counting, CivFanatics. You don't want these nations and communities talking to the press, do ya? Chop chop!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  18. eso12por8

eso12por8 Warlord

I did an in-depth analysis of the video in another thread & the civs that I have on my list based on the video are different than what I believe may be. The video & other things revealed already point straight to Portugal but Lisbon has been seen as a city-state. Unless they're SUPER trolling me, I no longer see the video as a solid source.

Which of the released civs fit this scene, because all I see is Venice.

As I, though who knows what they're thinking. What I do know is there is a severe lack of maritime civs in the current lineup (only one). They need to have a counter to the Dutch. Venice would have a strong naval fleet.

Tamar is a hot topic on the forum & the devs read this a lot. I see the allure, though I've never been much of a fan of the idea of adding Georgia before Armenia or the Khazars (if speaking to the region). I'm still on team Lydia. Omphale would be a foil to Gorga & should Anatolia go Greco-Roman, & imo I would guess based on Civ VI history an ancient Hellenic civ fits the puzzle better than the Byzantines.

nzcamel likes this.
  19. Zaarin

I think we're positively swimming in Hellenic civs and leaders right now; please no more. :(

20. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Civilization is a Greek word, originally. ;)

nzcamel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.