[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do after seeing their bonuses. Their strengths lie in grabbing lots of territory, peacekeeping and trading. If that isn't a Canadian civ bonus list, I don't know what is. Plus the territory thing. Granted, Canada's capital isn't directly in the line of the Cree, but a lot of Canada would overlap them. And in terms of civ bonuses, the overlap is just too intense. Byzantines and Ottomans have entirely different defining traits.

Canada could still be in XPAC 2 though (or in more DLCs, which I'm thinking won't happen). Once the UN is in place, I could see Canada having a different set of traits that could differentiate them.

Ok, however for a long time, lots of fans have been begging for a Canadian civ. They did this to Australia (I can't think of another reason why they would add Australia as a civ, other than to make money off the fans who wanted it, lol), so they could certainly be considering it. Aside from this, I think they can manage plenty of Canadian cities as separate cities for the Cree, and I'm sure their UX will be quite different anyway. This all being said, I'm not particularly interested in a Canadian civ myself (though not opposed either, but they aren't on my list of desired civs), I'm just trying to predict here. Perhaps we will see Canada at some point still, but if not then I get a strong feeling that we will see them in Civ 7.

What I am trying to say is that I'm not so sure about the Ottomans coming in the expansion.

My guesses are:

Inca (great hydraulic engineerings)
Any enemy of Rome (Carthage, to fill an African Civ)
An Italinan city-state (Venice, Florence, Genoa or even Milan)
And an enemy of Mongols (Georgia I supose or it could be Armenians...)

75% sure Ottomans will be in it together with 1 south american and 1 afrikan civilization.

Inca/Maya as south american and Mali/Carthage as Afrikan most likely

My picks are the Ottomans, Inca, Mali. Those are very probable. I wonder why an ancient civ doesn't get much recognition in the Civ series: the Assyrians, my fourth pick. Sure, we have Egypt, Sumer and Persia as ancient ME empires but Assyria and Hittites each only showed up once yet. Assyria was really an important civ back in the days. The Hanging Gardens are already in the game, yet the ones who built it not.

(I can't think of another reason why they would add Australia as a civ, other than to make money off the fans who wanted it, lol)

Geographic diversity. The devs states some time ago that geographic and cultural diversity/TSL is a consideration when choosing which civs get in this time around. Considering Australia and Aboriginal Australians are really the only two civs that you can put in Australia, and former is way easier to include, it should be no no surprise that it's there.

Ok, however for a long time, lots of fans have been begging for a Canadian civ. They did this to Australia (I can't think of another reason why they would add Australia as a civ, other than to make money off the fans who wanted it, lol), so they could certainly be considering it. Aside from this, I think they can manage plenty of Canadian cities as separate cities for the Cree, and I'm sure their UX will be quite different anyway. This all being said, I'm not particularly interested in a Canadian civ myself (though not opposed either, but they aren't on my list of desired civs), I'm just trying to predict here. Perhaps we will see Canada at some point still, but if not then I get a strong feeling that we will see them in Civ 7.

Agreed. There is money in a Canadian civ, no question. If theres a civ VII, it'll be in there if it doesnt eventually make it into VI.

Went with the Ottomans, Inca, Zulu and some kind of European civilization. The first two are sorely missed in the game. They should have priority over others. The Zulu I just like as an African civ. They seem to really like European nations, so I'm assuming one more is added to the lineup. It could be anything from Austria or Sweden to the Celts or Portugal.

For the first two, I went with the consensus, namely Ottomans and Inca. I am not 100% certain whether the Ottomans will be included, but as some mentioned in other threads, there is only Saladdin representing Muslim civs, so it will be nice to have a variety. I believe the Inca are a given, because we have only Brazil in South America right now. I picked the other two based on geography as well, the West African civs (I don't know which one will be picked) and then the Zulu, given that there is nothing in South Africa at the moment. It is a very wild guess and the fourth civ could easily be from any other region, say Polynesia, for instance (I'd love that, too).

Regarding the iPad version of Civ 6, I can confirm that it has only the vanilla version leaders and the Aztec. I know that because I bought the game and played a few games already. I can post a screenshot when I am back from work if you want absolute confirmation, but I am afraid there are no Inca in the iPad version. Oh and in case someone asks, the rule set is from the vanilla version as well.

My guesses:

Carthage: We haven't seen any ancient or Classical civs yet (just an ancient leader) and the focus on an ancient port construction at the start of the trailer suggests there will be one. All that makes me wonder is that we have multiple new civs that use the trade mechanic, which is an obvious fit for Carthage.

Ottomans: It's not clear Antioch as a CS rules Byzantium out, but I expect at least one of the two to appear in the expansion.

'Other Africa' (I suspect Ethiopia): Mali's a contender, but we've seen two medieval civs and again the trade mechanic is associated with three of the four reveals so far. Ethiopia has a wider range of periods to choose from. Africa's the one area we haven't yet seen a civ for in the expansion, but there will certainly be one - though they may count Carthage. The one thing that makes me wonder about Ethiopia specifically is that northeastern Africa will be overrepresented with Ethiopia, Nubia and Egypt. That may make a West African civ or the Zulu more likely.

Inca: We know we won't see the Maya, and we also know that both civs are series staples that are almost certain to be used at some point in the game's life cycle, so I've always expected one of them to be in this expansion. Though since we know they like to package wonders with DLC civs and we don't have a Machu Picchu wonder yet, it's possible the Inca are being held for a DLC pack.

I just don't see anymore previous civs being included. If so they would have before Cree announcement

Civ VI already has more new civs than any other entry except Civ V late in its release cycle. There's a lot of demand for series staples and only so much DLC/expansion space for new civs. I never expected more than 1-2 new civs in the expansion.

Civ just needs the Inca and Ottomans to feel complete so it would be shocking to me if they did not make it.

Um? It would feel complete without Babylon? The Inca and Ottomans weren't even added to the series until Civ III.

Personally, quite aside from the historical significance of Babylon, the Maya (much more significant and long-lasting in their region than the Inca, just over a much smaller area) and Byzantium - at least - I don't consider any Civ game fully complete until all 12 of the Civ 1 civs are included. Of those we're still missing Babylon and the Zulu. Even though I don't like the Zulu (or Aztecs) being a Civ series staple. I did feel Civ V felt 'finished' by their eventual inclusion.

Last edited:
I haven't been following, but is there some new information or hint that makes Georgia such a popular pick. In all honesty I don't see them as historically all that "popular" or relevant, and I just kind of assumed it was a bit of a meme around here.

I haven't been following, but is there some new information or hint that makes Georgia such a popular pick. In all honesty I don't see them as historically all that "popular" or relevant, and I just kind of assumed it was a bit of a meme around here.
In the trailer it shows the Mongolians attacking what appears to be a Georgian castle with Georgian troops. The design of the soldiers is similar to what they would have worn.

In the trailer it shows the Mongolians attacking what appears to be a Georgian castle with Georgian troops. The design of the soldiers is similar to what they would have worn.

In a quick image search I can't find anything that resembles those uniforms from medieval Georgia. I had them down as probably Polish or Hungarian, whose soldiers had blue and red uniforms and were part of the area invaded by the Mongols, but I could find no exact matches. Very likely they're just background detail - scenes in the trailer each seem intended to hint at - at most - one civ or wonder, and the Colosseum and Berlin Wall scenes don't appear to relate to anything.

Went for Ottoman, Mali, Inca, Georgia. Think those are the most likely. Ottoman because they're big, Inca because a big native American civ is to be expected (and imo most north American civs don't fit the label big like Inca, Maya, Aztec do), Mali because they're one of the biggest African civs and Georgia as dark horse and nod towards the community.

I really can't see them adding a full civ as a nod to an in-joke among a community of several hundred. Tamar as the replacement for Genghis as a Great General is a 'nod' kind of addition, not a full civ.

Last edited:

Especially when compared to Armenians who feature prominently throughout history in the middle east. I'm reading some books on the Crusades at the moment, and when they aren't talking about Franks, Turks, and Fatimid's, they are talking about Armenians and Jews. How many countries exist today that, not only existed in Roman times, but also gave as good as they got? It's a very very small club.

I have nothing against Georgia. In fact were we talking rugby, they're my second favorite team; as a rising power who will soon be giving all the Western European rugby nations a good run for their money. But we're not talking rugby.

Babylon is a new CS. Palenque and Lisbon don‘t rule out their civs 100%, since they might just be not replaced yet. Babylon as a new introduction is definitely out.

Unless the Babylonian capital had been conquered by a scientific CS in that screenshot...

Unless the Babylonian capital had been conquered by a scientific CS in that screenshot...

Do City States ever capture cities? I didn't think so...

So far every civ in the trailer has been included in the xp. With this in mind we have a few scenes without representation yet:

The dam costruction.

Looked like a port to me, and an ancient-era one. While most ancient civs had ports so it rules out few civs other than the Parthians, the emphasis on that structure makes me think Carthage.

The gladiator fight.

Not going to be relevant. There's nothing in the gladiators' attire that points to any specific culture, and both Rome and the Colosseum are in the game.

The mongol siege.

We've seen the Mongols. Since there are multiple scenes without any civs or wonders associated with them it's a stretch to expect that that scene was associated with two civs. The other was just background detail.

The Black Death quarentine.

Seems unlikely to have any relevance at this point.

The dam costruction is pretty much the presentation of the Inca Empire define.

It was an ancient-era construction using tools the Inca didn't have (like the crane), and the background characters were Caucasian and wearing nothing resembling Native American attire. Very clearly not Inca.

Who are the defenders against the mongol attack?

Look like Poles or Hungarians but while the uniform's distinctive I haven't seen an exact match in image searches. Pretty certainly not Georgia - even looking for specific images based on the Mongol invasion of Georgia there's nothing even vaguely resembling those uniforms.

Pretty sure it was Korea...

Nope, European skin tones and uniforms, and a European castle.

I think the hints to Georgia might be a massive tease.

That would imply there have been any intentional hints. I'm not aware of any

Not at all sold on Italy but it does seem very strange that there are no Italian city states, they must have something planned for Italy even if not for R&F.

Maybe, but you could make the same argument for the Phoenicians. Most of the obvious candidates for city states aren't actually city states in Civ VI, and that was true in the base game as well which had neither Italy nor Phoenicia as civs.

It would be more telling if there had been Italian city-states in Civ VI to begin with that we just hadn't seen - one of the clues for Venice in BNW being its absence from all casts and screenshots of city states, and the same now possibly being true of Carthage - but they aren't. Maybe that's the only reason they weren't used this time: if they were in and then conspicuously absent it would be a hint Firaxis don't necessarily want to give, and they avoid that altogether by just not including them.

Do City States ever capture cities? I didn't think so...

They would sometimes in Civ V, and I'd even seen them take a capital with help, so it's possible. If they've altered the CS AI to be more aggressive I could see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom