Poser Animation Library

Let me post a warning: Plotinus' animation do not seem to work for us cheapskates who downloaded Poser5 for free. Poser just says that the animation were made with a newer version, and that it will try to read it anyway, and it ends up it can't.

That's perhaps because Poser 6 onwards has a 'centre of gravity' part to the scene.

*sheepishly admits newbieness*

Plotinus, your animations do work. For me, they applied to my armor 'clothes', instead of the PDM. A little bit of cut and pasting in the keyframe editor and everything works great. Sorry for creating mass hysteria...

One question though: It is a minor thing, but the X-Y-Z positioning for the feet did not transfer into the animation, apparently. The bend, twist, and side by side transfered just fine though--could this due to the 'centre-of-gravity' Zulu was talking about?

Aha. Yes, make sure you have the correct figure selected when you apply them.

I left the IK chains on for the legs when I exported the animations - perhaps that messes them up? Make sure you've got them turned on before you apply the animations and it ought to work.

I'm assuming these animations only work for the paperdoll?

Depends. I applied some poses from the dork and female characters, even Michael's to Pdoll, but it prolly doesn't work the other way, as all those have more parts than PDM has. I suspect one can apply a pose to a figure that has fewer parts than it requires, but not more. I haven't tested it that much though.

Also, for the run, you can use the walk designer. I made a new walk for a unit in Wasteworld the other day and it worked smoothly.

You can have it take as many frames as you want. Just be aware that it tends to duplicate the first frame in the last. So if you want a 15-frame run, set it to do a 16-frame one, and then delete the last frame.

Well, one may assume that maybe the creator wants to create new sounds even for the run.
Also, the purpose of making lots of different animations on the same theme is variety. I'm dreaming of a time we'll have on this thread to choose between 10 different cycles.

I'm working on WW now, but as soon as i'm done with the current phase, I intend to propose some animation to include here. If creators will be able to use.

Well, the thing is, run sounds are VERY hard to link up with the animation correctly. Civ 3 .avi files do this well, but are thrown off if you have more than 10 frames. I did the 10-frame animation, so you can link up your run with any civ 3 sounds.

Of course, but you might still want a different-looking run (give your character a limp or something) or make a run for a different model. My point was just that the Poser walk designer is flexible enough to do that for whatever frame count you want.

Uncle Cam was kind enough to share his files with me a long time ago. It turned out I couldn`t use them cos of my bad, bad computer, but the good thing is that I was able to salvage them from the depths of my PM folders. So with CamJH`s permission, Stormrage presents the Empire Swordsman and the Chaos Halberdier!

CamJH said:
Hey Guys,

Here are some of the poses I used with my Chaos Halberdier & Empire Swordsman units. Don't know that either of them are my best animated units, but you guys might like them anyways. So here you go. Use them as you like, alter them, or dump 'em into your recycle bins if you don't need them. :)

Custom Poses

later,
CamJH

If anyone uses these, please mention CamJH in the credits :)

Thanks Uncle Cam!

Top Bottom