1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poser Animation Library

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Tutorials, Reference, & Guides' started by odintheking, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

YaY! Another donation! Thanks Hikaro :hatsoff:

2. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Thanks, Hikaro!

And help for an Archery animation would be superb!

3. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Not unless we're talking chocobos.... They're the only mounted units I've done, and that was thanks to Kinboat making the models (chocobo and saddle) as well as the run animation. Basically all I did was parent the rider to the chocobo's body (except the death animation, when he gets thrown off)....

As for the archery animations: The fortify and attack animations are NOT for the faint of heart.... The main figure will at least be in the proper positioning, even though you'll have to manually edit the arrow(s).

4. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

I thought I'd post the animations for my Settler units, so here they are. This is a Poser file rather than just an animation file, like the one I did for Workers, with the props already in place. It uses one of the props that was included in the Worker file, so you'll need to download that one first if you haven't already to make it work properly.

Attached Files:

5. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Thanks Plot. I'l add it.

6. Virote_Considon

:bump:

Hey, I'm trying to use the settler animations. When I load the template, as on the previous page, it says that it needs help finding santabagmab.obj

I've re-downloaded the worker animation files, and although they contain santa bag props, none of the ones seem to be the one its asking for (I've tried all 4 files - the 2 .pp2 files and the two .rsr files)

Any clue?

7. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Mysterious. It's definitely the same object. What happens if you tell it to use one of them?

8. Virote_Considon

It doesn't show up, so essentially the same as if I were to click cancel when asking me to load the prop.

I'm using Poser 6, if that helps.

9. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

I've encountered the same problem. I think there's a missing file in the "Geometries" folder.

10. Virote_Considon

I don't think its actually supposed to be in the geometries folder; I think thats just the folder where Poser defaults its search for missing files. :)

11. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

AFAIK the file in the "character" folder often links to a file from the "geometries" folder. The Obj file is stored there (not always but many times). If you delete the geometry file, the object can still be seen in the "character" library, but it doesn't show when you add it to your unit. But I may be wrong...

12. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Hello, everyone!

I'm going to make a Landsknecht unit graphic with Kinboat's Poser model, but I'm lack of proper animations/poses, especially the attack pose. Could someone provide a two-handed sword wielding animation set?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

13. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

14. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

It is not for Civ5, I'm not only a Civ games modder but also a member of the PMTW modding team which is lead by Cegorach. We are making a mod call Pike & Musket, which is about European warfare in the timeframe 1480-1700, for the game Medieval: Total War. (More information is in our sub-forum.) I'm going to use the original Poser model to export the new frames so I can make the unit as big as we need.

Anyway I have just made an awkward 2-handed sword attacking pose by myself, but it would be better if I can use Sandris/Imperator/Balam-Agab's attacking pose.

Thanks for the link. I know Sandris' pack(and I'm actually a big fan of Sandris!), but the pack only contain finished Civ3 FLCs, no Poser files.

15. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Kinboat created the LansKnecht figure and already animated it himself: see here.

BTW Zwei83 I thought you were converting unit graphics, not creating new ones. Why don't you convert the existing LansKnecht, do you need any other animation that wasn't already done?

16. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I think you may be misunderstood me, when I said 'animation', actually I don't mean the finished FLC files, but the PZ3 file(pose) for Poser.

I did converted Civ3 units, as I said in the PM to you, and you can see the achievement in the first 3 posts of this thread. But obviously, the quality is poor since the Civ3 unit graphics are too small for MTW engine, so I decide to remake unit graphic in Poser with materials provided by Civ3 modelers, which can export the image on larger size and can do some necessary modification. This is my first work and I'm satisfied with its performance.

P.S. Balam-Agab has kindly provided his two-handed swords pose set, so it is not needed anymore.

17. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

I had perfectly understood that you wanted the pz3 files, I just didn't understand what you wanted to do with them :) - larger image files so that it looks better with the MTW engine, sounds perfectly logical. Maybe we could then convert your creations to Civ3 :D

18. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

It seems that all download links in the library are down, can some get them back?