Post new Civ requests here

hi, i'd like to request roman/greek gods and heros, they are so interesting!
anyway for specific names:

zeus
athena
afrodita/venus
mars
perseus
pusidon

thanx!

hey can somebody make a mormon civ? or has it been done yet? maybe tips on where to go to make it myself would be helpfull to.

EDIT: It surprised me that there is no Ghana civ.

Ghana
Starts with Pottery, Mysticism
UU: Dinga Cisse Warrior? (a la Desert and Mountain)
===========================================
LH:
Tunka Menin (Pro/Fin/Nationhood/Islam)
Dinga Cisse (Fin/Exp/Free Market/Islam)

The area and history of Ghana overlaps a lot with the Ashanti. But a separate Ghanian civ is not a bad idea.

The Ghana/Wagadou Empire actually wouldn't be that bad for a new civ. Although if you include the Songhai and the Ashanti (and considering we already have the Mali) that area is pretty well represented.

The Songhai and Wagadou are actually part of the Mande Empire in Gold. The Ashanti are there, with, of course, Mali and the Benin and Kanem-Bornu (and modern Nigeria). So I think West Africa gets the love.

Oh, no, I was talking about the Ghana in Mauritania also called Wagadu.

EDIT: Wasn't Wagadu founded by the Soninke, not Mande? Or are the Soninke part of the Mande?

Oh, no, I was talking about the Ghana in Mauritania also called Wagadu.

EDIT: Wasn't Wagadu founded by the Soninke, not Mande? Or are the Soninke part of the Mande?

The Mande people include those of the Ghana, Mali and Songhai Empires (Soninke, Mandinka, Bissa, etc.). I thought adding the Mande, rather than Ghana or Songhai specifically, allowed me to cover a larger group and make sure that some countries could be included (e.g. Sierre Leone, Gambia) that would have otherwise been left out.

But if we already have the Mali, then adding the Mandé would make no sense. You have to split them.

He does have a point.

The "Mandeexceptformali Empire" didn't fit nicely in the Pedia.

I don't mind splitting that group, but I spent weeks splitting my North American native civs into new empires and no one really seemed to notice. At some point you wonder if you're splitting hairs.

I can look at dividing the Mande in an upcoming release, but seeing as both of the current leaders are Songhai, I'll need some LH help for a Ghanian leader and maybe another leader to represent a civ from coastal West Africa (TBD).

maybe another leader to represent a civ from coastal West Africa (TBD).

It's a little further south, but Queen Nzinga of Ndongo and Matamba (modern day Angola) seems like a strong choice, and would fill in a gap in the Civ Gold map.

The "Mandeexceptformali Empire" didn't fit nicely in the Pedia.

I don't mind splitting that group, But I spent weeks splitting my North American native civs into new empires and no one really seemed to notice. At some point you wonder if you're splitting hairs.

I can look at dividing the Mande in an upcoming release, but seeing as both of the current leaders are Songhai, I'll need some LH help for a Ghanian leader and maybe another leader to represent a civ from coastal West Africa (TBD).

I noticed :(

Top Bottom