Potential products someone should make

Maybe, maybe not. So say you're Apple, and you really design this thing, so that it fits as comfortably as possible, has the right size and shape screen for usage this way, blah, blah, blah. You've invented a whole new category of item. Now everybody needs to get a WristPhone, and every other maker needs to try to catch up with your WristPhone. And meanwhile everyone who wants such a thing has only the WristPhone to choose from. And you sell $600 WristPhones rather than $6 dollar wrist-straps-for-your phone.

WristPhone, by the way, not intended as <cool product name>. I'll get to work on that.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. So say you're Apple, and you really design this thing, so that it fits as comfortably as possible, has the right size and shape screen for usage this way, blah, blah, blah. You've invented a whole new category of item. Now everybody needs to get a WristPhone, and every new maker needs to try to catch up with your WristPhone. And meanwhile everyone who wants such a thing has only the WristPhone to choose from.

Well, say you're banana...what, you aren't banana? That's okay, because I'm not Apple. Apple is definitely not going to be remembering any "idea guy." I'm packaging your idea to attract some spirited independent that can get something thrown together in a factory in China for twelve cents a unit then run an infomercial ad campaign and sell half a million units at six bucks a copy on the internet before getting it placed in WalMart for five sixty-five. That guy just might remember us both fondly after ten million sold.

Dick Tracy has a wrist phone in the 1950s if not earlier.

I don't know. Your Banana company has money for TV ads with six bikini-clad models. Let's face it. I'm getting bupkis, regardless.

Yeah, Bj, this isn't a Dick Tracy design. Those we already have in iWatches and Garmins. My innovation is how it sits on the wrist.

Flexible screens are theoretically around the corner. This is a winner once it can actually form mold to the back of your hand and breathe a bit and be somewhat comfortable.

Forearm thing not the same. Just try typing on the triangle space formed by your wrist and the first knuckle of your index finger and thumb. How naturally your eye can fall there.

The screen may have some mild curvature to fit the space well, but it won't be flexible. You want a rigid base for the typing part.

It's swipe typing and voice forward.

It's all happening faster than my inventive powers can keep up. The WristPhone is obsolete before it even got its <cool product name>.

It's all happening faster than my inventive powers can keep up. The WristPhone is obsolete before it even got its <cool product name>.

Nobody's ever known wtf we're doing. How many age of tomorrow's were spent butchering each other with overgrown knives en masse?

Well yes. You can also get things for mounting note pads on your fore arm which some people use for notes whilst walking rather than keep looking at map or gps.

Well, I think that clearly demonstrated that those people should hire me as a marketing consultant. That pitch was lame, and wouldn't convince a sinner in hell to buy an ice cream cone for a nickle.

We need a tracking app for my kid's school bus. If you can track your uber why can't I track my kids bus so I'm not waiting in the cold when it's 10 minutes late? Oh I know, cus people who make such things want to be paid for their work and school budgets are too small for that.

Can't you just put tracker software on your kid's phone and track it that way?

My kids are too young to have phones.
I don't care how old they are, good for you. I know it's getting harder to resist.

I want a computer in my eyeglasses ! I think someone already got that idea :think:

At least in America, warpus, we already have that; it's called Taco Bell. It's an ingestible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom