PPQ Flavor Module

How does this look for a scout -> hunter progression? They both use the same bloody red sword thing.
Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG

pretty nice

maybe in reverse (like a kukri knife) and maybe with more metal, and less blood (but still some) ?

Edit : another thing : maybe remove the biceps-bracelet... and replace by same tatoos as the scout ? (to increase homogeneity)

Spoiler And now for something completely different :
Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG

Also, I left loads of notes and updates to your spreadsheet. Since you got some stuff wrong and I updated it with my stuff and stuff.

Now since I am working with the stable version as opposed to the newest experiment I might have gotten some stuff wrong due to that. So everywhere where I made an edit I made sure to leave a comment indicating it was me and explaining it. And you check it out when you can and call me back.

Last edited:
just to clarify the list of errors in the spreadsheet is :
Balseraph Catapult
Calabim Warrior
Clan Catapult
Doviello Catapult

For the calabim warrior, it's most likely a mistake on my part. For the catapults, i do not remember seeing a unique model for them. Can someone take a look at the svn version and take pictures of them for me ? (my computer is still in the repair shop)

For the other notes, i agree on the Kuriotates lich. Your model was great. I just had a weirdness

For the civilian sheet, i just forgot updating it after the first couple of civs, so it's less an error and more a missing info

I am not looking at the output in game but the XML when making edits to the spreadsheet. It lets me catch things like the Balseraph catapult which looks exactly like an ordinary one except it fires cows:
Spoiler Image :
Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG

The clan catapult equally looks very similar with only a slight shade change and a different projectile color. But like on my end the Doviello Catapult looks quite distinct:
Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

But again, I did explicitly ask because I too want to see if the XML changed in between the stable and the most up to date SVN versions.

i'm suspecting that the clan one doesn't work properly ( it's assigned to the orc artstyle and not the civ one, and i doubt the catapult gets the orcish racial). The balseraph one could probably look a bit more balseraphy. Not sure how i missed the doviello one ( which seems to be in xml indeed)

i'm suspecting that the clan one doesn't work properly ( it's assigned to the orc artstyle and not the civ one, and i doubt the catapult gets the orcish racial). The balseraph one could probably look a bit more balseraphy. Not sure how i missed the doviello one ( which seems to be in xml indeed)
As far as the clan one goes I did check it in the game and it is distinct (at least on my end) just not terribly so. Like basically its a slightly more orange shade of wood.

Actually I find theming catapults and other mechanical things to be far easier than human models precisely because they are rigid mechanical things that are all supposed to look alike. So your expectations as a viewer are much less than with something like a longbow or champion and I can get away with doing relatively minor modifications like changing the tint of the wood a bit or attach little bits like a shield or custom projectile where as if I did the same to humanoid units it would feel lazy.

Cool. Random issue though. Have been having some problems accessing the google worksheet the mod maker put up to track which units I need to do.

Could you? For some reason on my end I get an error message. Like it loads the file just fine, I can see the table and everything but than it instantly generates an error message that won't let me read or edit anything.

EDIT: I seem to have gotten it to work by mashing buttons. But given that I can't replicate the success I'd appreciate it if you just threw me a downloadable .xls or something.

And now for something completely different.
Spoiler Well, actually more of the same. :
Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG

Also officially expect an upload at the end of this year. I think I should have enough units to almost fill up all the rosters by than.

By the way. Does anyone know any mapscript I could plug into the game that would generate just flat green grasslands with no terrain features or oceans or anything? It would make testing stuff far easier for me.

Top Bottom