PPQ Flavor Module

Glad you like it. I figured that the arcane barge for an ice themed civ better look the part. :)

It would be hilarious if Illian's Arcane barge is a chunk of iceburg with a small fortress on it. Instead of fireball, it can just ram enemies in all direction like the stomp from monstrous creature class. :lol:

Not so fun fact. I have not played an actual game of civ start to finish since I started work on this project.

Also, I don't think I'll be doing ramming animations any time soon simply because it's way too much work even for me.

I've designed a new pair of models. But at the end of the work I am really heavily torn about them. Like, on one hand I like them. On the other I really don't. And I just can't decide if they should be kept or scrapped.

Usually I solve this sort of issue on my own (and I'll tell you I scrapped more than half of the units I made, it's just a normal part of the work.) But this time I am just too indecisive so I need your honest opinion on them.

#1: Supposed trireme for elves
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

#2 Supposed galley for elves
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

# Both together
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

I would use a less vivid color for the hull, and the sails look somewhat undersized, especially for the trireme. The stern looks a bit massive, but it might be only an impression caused by the fact that the sails are relatively small and put forward. Except these flaws, your models are nice.

Nice! This model looks more harmonious than the previous ones indeed, good work!

I basically took your advice and sawed the rear off my last model clean off replacing it with the rear of the default galley. Do not try this technique with actual ships!

but more than that, you toned down the hue .. it is less flashy, and more "woody" ?? so it comes out great !

Also, I don't think I'll be doing ramming animations any time soon simply because it's way too much work even for me.

Hey, it was just a funny idea my man. Didn't mean you HAVE to.

I also like that new galley. Its structure really convey the sense of 'gotta go fast!' which is elve's main shtick.

Elven Man O' War. Also known as How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trees
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

And yes, there are multiple gun rows, but the bottom ones retract into the hull.

Believe it or not, the hull started off as a regular Caravel. You can imagine how many hours of work it took to get from there to here.

Announcement: I am powering through the ship models and have finally completed the whole elven line. So I might release that come new year if anyone is interested.

By the way, Is there a problem with having one module depend on another? Like can my module modify the hamsters since they too would use the elven unit set.

Basically my desire is:
- Allow me to apply my art style to module loaded civs.
- Allow me to split my module into 3 parts (ships, ground units and effects) and have the first two share the effects module to save memory.

1) is the artstyle one you created or an updated version of an existing one ? (xml-wise)
2) for the second, make sure the effects one is loaded first ( it's loaded alphabetically)

Top Bottom