1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Order Brave New World

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mercade, May 12, 2013.

1. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

PSA From TPang:

Just Pre-Purchased Brave New World for $20.25 USD!!

Keep in mind that the Steam prices here in Australia are a generous $44.99 USD even with the 10% Discount.

Got this from http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-brave-new-world/ and used this 25% Code! GMG25-GDSAK-7FPWQ. The original GMG listed price is $29.99 which was then discounted by 10% for pre-purchase purposes. Add a voucher onto that and you'll get it for the cheap price of $20.25 USD.

Just as a reminder folks, it is always a good idea to google vouchers before you make any online purchases!

~ Have fun!

2. OldmansHQ

OldmansHQ Warlord

3. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

4. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

5. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

Added.
    Interesting. Unfortunately from NL it insists on serving me a price in Euro, but still a nice deal with the additional discount. Although Gamingdragons still shows a price of EUR 19.83 (which they claim is 17% off).

6. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I said this on May 13th, nobody cared ;) Aaaaaaand done, 20$ it is. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a sudden daily deal that made the deal even sweeter for a short while, but at this point I don't care for a couple more bucks and I'm not always there sitting in front of the computer.

7. mo7md

mo7md Chieftain

8. ColdFever

ColdFever blue

There should be no problem to order a Civ5 Steamkey for PC and then play on Mac later, because all Civ5 Steam stuff can be played on PC or Mac, thanks to "Steam Play":
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9439-QHKN-1308

9. Horace

Horace Likes to ski

£13.50 from GMG with that code. Thanks for that.

Unfortunately it seems GMG codes won't unlock early this time.

10. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Every time I got a game from them, it said this. It scared me a bit by not giving me a key until a few hours before release or the day before. But I always got my key before release somehow. Hopefully the tradition continues. Their policy does say you only get the key on release day.

11. Gorhaax

Gorhaax Warlord

$20.25? That's not cheap. I just got it off GMG for $9. I feel like a child who just got away with stealing a cookie! :D

I used the 25% off code, then used my $10 of GMG credit, and then i traded in three small games that GMG gave me for free a while ago.

:D

12. Hyper Nova

Hyper Nova Warlord

There's 10% off of the Mac Steam Version at Aspyr's GameAgent Store and for members theres a 20% discount code GACiv5BNW
    Obviously the code you get from them to unlock it on steam should also work for PC version due to SteamPlay.

I just picked mine up for £15.99 I could have got it cheaper i guess but I wanted to support the mac version producers.

13. Horace

Horace Likes to ski

Yes I just meant when I got G&K from them they sent the key out in advance and the game unlocked on the US release date (I am in the UK)

I was hoping for the same this time :)

14. Carl5872

Carl5872 Prince

Just pre-ordered it on steam. Is there a way to pre-download it like there was for Vanilla and G&K?

15. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I don't recall G&K having a pre-load, but seeing as it is an expansion pack it shouldn't take that long to download anyway.

16. Uncle Anton

Uncle Anton Lighthorseman

My Good Man, if this was Reddit, you'd have a gold star next to your name...

EAD Region Pricing!!!

17. InsanelyApple

InsanelyApple Prince

I just preordered it from there. I'm a little upset I didn't get a key immediately, but whatever. I still saved $9.

18. Skykiller

Skykiller Chieftain

It's now steamplay on Steam. Great ! I can't wait to get this masterpiece.

19. The QC

The QC Quietly Confident

The GreenManGaming offer really is very good. For Europeans it works out at almost half the price of the Steam offer (20 dollars versus 27 euros).

20. KaneofEgypt

KaneofEgypt Chieftain

I've got a pretty ridiculous question. I'm American. If I were to purchase through GreenManGaming, but was out of the country when the game actually released, would I still get the game on the 9th? Would being out of the country automatically push me to the 12th?