Preannouncement: Applications for Censor being accepted

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
The office of Censor will be vacant in about 1 day, unless the impeachment / recall poll takes a big turn.

This is a preannouncement requesting applications to fill this important position and handle the next term elections. The law requires someone who does not currently hold an office to be appointed, unless nobody applies who doesn't have an office. All citizens including current office holders are encouraged to apply in case we get into a situation where there are no candidates who don't have an office.

I, Dutchfire, Minister of Science apply for the position of censor if noone else applies because this position must be filled

I have been considering on this job to get away from this dang blasted drama that I dont want any part of :ack:. But I am already a JA right now so I cant realy apply for this possition.

ice2k4 said:
God, donsig is going to bome in here, and find something wrong with posting this thread a little early.

Sorry donsig, just poking some fun.

No harm but I do have to say it is my opinion (as a citizen) that the call for applicants cannot be formally recognized until an office is actually vacant. If the President is truly going to disregard his vow not to make any more appointments this term then I strongly urge him to make the call for applicants in the proper fashion after the office is actually vacant. Then the 72 hour clock can start ticking. I do believe there will be enough time to appoint a Censor in time for nominations. If not, I could suggest a couple legal alternatives. First, isn't the President empowered with a blanket authority to do what is not assigned to anyone else? If so, the President could post nominations. An alternative would be to recognize this (no Censor) as an unforseen situation not covered by our laws and we could ask a mod to handle nominations and elections.

EDIT: I do not wish to apply for this position. ;)

CG...resign and that way the judiciary cant hold any reviews until its filled. ( 2 birds --1 stone)

robboo said:
CG...resign and that way the judiciary cant hold any reviews until its filled. ( 2 birds --1 stone)

No, that won't work, the two remaining justices can rule and it's a majority. With two offices vacant it would be different.

I've even considered appointing myself Censor on condition of resigning the Presidency, just to toss everyone a curve ball. Probably won't do that though.

donsig said:
First, isn't the President empowered with a blanket authority to do what is not assigned to anyone else?

I have to say, I admire your willingness to suggest this. It reflects some improvement in the direction of applying creative and positive solutions to grey areas.

My preferred solution is to have someone without a current office step forward.

Well I've been on the fence about this since I read your initial post Dave, and I've finally decided to come forward. While it may not be my most preferred position, someone needs to step up and fill the gaps so we can bring this demogame back up to what it was a few months ago. My finals are over and I'm available most of the day now so I'll have time to do all of what is needed.

I will submit my official application tomorrow.

robboo said:

According to the judicial procedures in place this term it takes only two concurring justices to issue a ruling. :D

DaveShack said:
I have to say, I admire your willingness to suggest this. It reflects some improvement in the direction of applying creative and positive solutions to grey areas.

Thanks, but this is not an improvement on my part. I've always tried to be creative myself. (Witness the judicial procedures this term.) I've never tried to discourage creative solutions as long as they do not violate any rules we have in place. Now I'm not sure if my suggestion is legal or not. Under some of the old rules we had in past DGs it was legal. I'm not sure if those olds rules are still valid.

donsig said:
Under some of the old rules we had in past DGs it was legal. I'm not sure if those olds rules are still valid.

They arent....

This is a big part of the current problems with participation...THIS is CIV 4 and its the FIRST demogame. Some of the long time demo-gamers have gone out of their way to make sure the new comers know that they were here first and are not happy with the way things are right now.(CoL, and other things) Maybe in game 2( if there is one) this wont be a problem.

Sigma, if you want (and the Judiciary doesn't give problems) you can be Minister of Science if I become Censor (only if no-one else applies)

If you prefer that I think it could be arranged.

Thanks for the offer dutch, but I think I'm okay. There's no need to cause any more controversy. ;)

When I said that it wasn't my most preferred position, I meant that I probably wouldn't have run for it at election time. I prefer a position that has more effect on the game rather than governmental procedures, so don't expect to see me on the jury anytime soon. But who knows, maybe I'll like being Censor. :D

Sigma will be appointed as Censor. I'm sure you'll do fine. ;D

Under Section 1B.IIA.5 of the CoL, I claim the authority of the President to act in place of the Censor while the position of Censor is vacant. Under the same article, I claim the power to delegate this authority to another (while maintaining supervising authority and responsibility), and delegate that authority to Sigma.

ok if it's cool with you
(btw you should edit your sign now)
PS: I'm in Innovia

Yeah I saw that a little earlier and had a little chuckle to myself. ;)

Dun dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hi all, oohh Censor again..

Swissempire said:
Dun dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hi all, oohh Censor again..

Hey, Swiss! Long time, no hear. Hope you're back to stay. It's good timing - looking at all the noms, it could be a pretty good term. :cool:

Top Bottom