• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Preview: Chinese/Mongolian Ironclad

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!
This would be a start for the asian paddle-wheel ironclad: Steam Tiger! (that's a punchy name :mischief: )

Here's the preview. And as always, suggestions for improvements are welcome.

@ripptide:
:lol: - this unit already is an upgrade to the mongolian ship I made earlier (which was an upgrade to the mongolian ship I did before that). Is it going to be an upgrade path that never ends? :p ;)

Aaglo,
another just great ship....
I was wondering if you did have the HMS Victory on that schedule of top notch sailships ?? I remember it was mentioned earlier.....

Cemo

Of course it's just perfect(as usual).I like the one with the sails more, because it looks more like a direct upgrade from the Tiger.One suggestion will be to put some ropes to the front top sails ending somewhere near the back of the ship if you unterstand what I say.I think with a strong wind the sails can break easily standing untied like that:D Either way it looks great:)

Yes, please keep the sails, or else do two versions. It's looking great... but then again, is that a surprise?

Quickly glancing at the preview I though it was a great big car with wheels and sails :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

I like the sails :thumbsup:
not much else I can say since IMO the model is as close to perfect as it gets :goodjob:

:love:

aaglo, did you ever know that your my hero?

This is really nice... and I noticed that you referred to it as an upgrade to the Mongolian ship rather than the Flying Tiger... so actually, I think that I'll use it as an upgrade for both of them.

No idea said:
This looks EXCELLENT!!!
So could this and your other paddle wheel ironclad be used as iron clad replacements???

That's the idea... ;)

Either that, or use the first paddlewheel ironclad as a middle man between the Civ3 Monitor-style ironclad and, say, one of the WWI-era Battleship/Cruiser units out there...

Here's what I've been considering lately as a possibility...

Smoking Mirror's "Iron Frigate" - British flavor Ironclad
Civ3 Ironclad - American flavor Ironclad
aaglo's Paddlewheel Ironclad - Generic Ironclad
aaglo's Chinese Ironclad - Chinese, Mongolian, Korean Ironclad

Keep the sails. :)

This is absolutely beautiful. Makes for a nice "what-if" unit.

Would their be any possibility in making it have the bow point forwards like in your other paddlewheel one so it looks like it has a ram bow?. But don't do it if it will take to long.

Dom Pedro II said:
...and I noticed that you referred to it as an upgrade to the Mongolian ship rather than the Flying Tiger... so actually, I think that I'll use it as an upgrade for both of them.

:lol: The flying tiger is the first mongolian ship I referred to. The second is the older kublai ship I talked about. (the flying tiger being the upgrade for the kublai ship :crazyeye: )

Agloo, do you have preview to create some other older Far East Asian ship ?
(like those from Osprey books I've posted).

Top Bottom