prince shadow game

correct me if I'm wrong - it does have to end turn on a tile that within 2 tiles of fog - with jungle nearby so it could get panthered.
Well, there's no reason for the settler to move out of cultural borders before settling one of the 2 discussed spots, and the wine is in borders.

regardless a warrior should already be standing a few tiles south of the borders to spawnbust

sittingbull, all is well thanks for your tips! Ok as adviced I will go for fishing and then writing (I already have pottery due to an event). I will also go for a warrior in the capital as advised. And then at pop 4 I could wip and chop a settler, right?
Spoiler lul :
lul.png

Now, what to build at soundjata-nada (nada=might return no advice ;)? A warrior would take 8 turns and the city would grow after 11 turns. Now after 5 turns the city borders will pop and the worker could improve the corn tile. so need for a worker may not be as great ... really not sure here. maybe just a warrior? but I am only thinking this because I instinctively dislike stalling growth of a 1 pop city, but this might be wrong thinking?!

PS: my second warrior was DESTROYED unfortunately.

Attachments

• turn 38 meeem.CivBeyondSwordSave
    58.2 KB · Views: 18
ugh ..I forget your getting free techs..that really skews the learning experience.

Since you have POT then def go Writing now.

soundjata can start on a granary....lymo city can take care of warrior needs fast.

Blue Marble can be find in there as well, and you might like the improved graphics and ui color option. BM does not impact mod nor requires loading.

Last edited:
Bug Mod...I recommend that you download BUG/BULL and install them into your Custom Assets folder. (BUG installer will make this clear...BUG has an instruction txt file..very easy...but save off a copy of your vanilla dll file) With Custom asset install there is no need to load the mod..it's just there...and it will apply to your current game. See here:

BUG/BULL

Losing warriors happened a lot to me [early on]. Eventually you'll get the feel of it - things like - don't move onto a 0% defensive tile into fog. Only move 1-tile-at-a-time with a scout, so you can run away. The bear will beat your warrior if you let it get next to you - so you need to play cat-and-mouse. Your warrior can still spawn-bust without engaging the enemy. You'll probably be okay on the hill forest if you can get there safely.

• See if you can get the timing right on the worker so that you can start to farm the corn the same turn that the borders pop. Might be slightly better to finish the chop and then move though. Next worker can start improving the horse so that the Crab -> Horse city can work the tile immediately.

Yep ...you will want the worker on the corn ready when border pops. one chop where it stands should work out fine

Ok....

Lymo take 2F forest for 2 turns and Sound takes cows for 2 turns. Then switch Lymo back to cow. This keeps same growth pace(4t) while allowing Sound to use cows a bit while it builds granary. Put chop into granary then move worker to corn.

oh..regardless of what I said...might as well finish FISH now since you already started it. Not a big deal here and your next city or two will have seafoods.

Soundjata should probably be working the cows instead of unimproved tiles. It's tough since the capitol only has 3 tiles worth working but the plains hill forest and the lake are ok I guess?

Once you can start working the corn you can pass the cows back and start growing cottages for the capitol to grow into later.

ok granary is being build in nada city. Wipped out dad settler now. and did some scouting with that warriors. Ok I have moved cows to nada city. And it works out well I guess because capital got wipped and has less demand for good spots now. Now instead of doing math, I will do fishing to prepare for the horse / crab city in the north, right. What do I know build in the capital?
Spoiler sheesh :
screeeeeen.png

Well, looks like you played on before the advice..so oh well. But yes, if Lymo is not able to work cows then Sound (sorry Nada) should be working them...corn first obviously but it is size 2.

Post save so I can see OF and growth...you really need a second worker asap so I need to see best option for that.

ok sorry for forgetting the worker: here it is:

Attachments

• turn 47.CivBeyondSwordSave
    62.3 KB · Views: 19
(you can always attach it back in the original post)

Do not auto-move or go-to move units. ...probably why you lost earlier warrior

Ok...I'm a bit torn what to do here as you really need a worker. This is what I think I would do:

Let Lymo grow ..so granary for now is okay.

Start worker in Nada now...worker can chop forest 1S of Nada to help finish...after improving corn (corn + cow a strong start for that worker)

When Lymo grows in 3 turns it takes cows. Nada 1 pop whips granary.

Make sure chop goes into the worker in Nada even if you have to delay the chop ..you can always lay 1t of road instead the turn granary is whip.

I would settle crab city 1NW of corn....get a work up there soon to chop boat..probably new worker.

Lymo starts worker at size 3 worker those strong tiles.

I'm gonna post some pics in a coupla minutes...here

Ok..this turn:

Spoiler make it count :

3 turns later:

Spoiler Nada city :

Spoiler empire of ca :

Worker chop works out fine actually so no need to delay chop!

Last edited:
I should note something here...a rule if you will. You will notice that one way or another your strong special tiles are always worked. So the rule is you don't whip off strong food tiles...or hammer tile like copper. Corns, cows, sheep will always be worked by one of your cities.

lymond, can you go into a little more detail what you want to communicate? What message is behind the pictures for example?

lymond, can you go into a little more detail what you want to communicate? What message is behind the pictures for example?
Well, it is basically demonstrating what I was laying out in the post above it. I'm just showing you how the cities should look this turn and 3 turns from now. The granary whip works perfect in 3 turns in Nada

ok thanks for your tips! here's the next situation:
nada city will have full granary soon. capital will be op 4 soon. tech choice math hopefully still valid.
worker 1S to nada city needs a task. maybe cottage 1N of nada city? Really not sure here.
2nd worker ready at nada city. Could improve the horses?

Spoiler fluff :
challenging2.png

Attachments

• turn 51 is getting wild.CivBeyondSwordSave
    68.2 KB · Views: 19
Have no idea what you did but it’s not what I described.

The worker from Nada is gonna take a while to get up there - chop WB then improve horses is probably best. I wouldn't do granary first. WB first is better - it's pre-Math, so you can't build it all with 1 chop.
lymond had some good tips for your city management - you might want to go back a few turns and try again to get close to what was recommended.

also - keep those warriors moving out - that warrior in your borders in the North is no good - get that unit out to the tundra hill.... good scouting to the East though - that's quite a choke point. the hut is tempting but slightly risky. probably worth the risk.

Sending a WB round the coast is good for exploration and pretty safe early on because it takes a while for barbs to get sailing for galleys.

From your T47 save I'd probably have whipped a worker instead of a granary in Lymo City as well as worker in Nada. There's a bunch of things for workers to do: horses to pasture, roads to connect cities to get trade routes started, riverside cottages for when cities outgrow the resource tiles. In between they could always chop a few forests. I'd also be tempted to settle Horsecrab City on PH instead of grassland.

Top Bottom