Resource icon

Promotion Flags EUI for VP v3

Well the problem seems to be a Mod conflict. I tested two situations: (1) VP + PF + ICV and (2) VP + many mods.

(1) The stripped down mod list worked fine. Included Lua-VP+PF+ICV.zip
(2) My typical bloated mod list does not work fine. Included Lua-ModConflict.zip

Have not proceeded with trial and error to pinpoint the culprit, yet.

Attachments

• Lua-VP+PF+ICV .zip
    11 KB · Views: 23
  • Lua-ModConflict.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 24
I have identified the conflicting mods that cause the Unit Panel to glitch with lose of unit and city lists on the left-hand side of the screen: Leadership Reformation (v 4) and your recent update to Promotion Flags EUI for VP (v 3.2)

My compete mod list--
Code:
MODS

(1) Community Patch
(2) Vox Populi
(3a) VP - EUI Compatibility Files
(4a) Promotion Icons for VP
(4b) UI - Promotion Tree for VP
(7) Community Events (v 5)
(8) Events and Decisions (CBO) (v 14)
Leadership Reformation (v 4)
Promotion Flags EUI for VP (v 3.2)
UI - Improved City View (v 13)

PS: I went back to Enginseer's mod and recopied the UnitPanel.lua for CBP+EUI (in case the file had been overwritten when Steam reinstalls the mod after deleting the cache folder) which is required to stop just this behavior when using Leadership Reformation with CBP and EUI -- no change. So it seems I will have to discontinue using Enginseer's mod.

Last edited:
PS: I went back to Enginseer's mod and recopied the UnitPanel.lua for CBP+EUI (in case the file had been overwritten when Steam reinstalls the mod after deleting the cache folder) which is required to stop just this behavior when using Leadership Reformation with CBP and EUI -- no change. So it seems I will have to discontinue using Enginseer's mod.
Which mod are you discontinuing use?

This mod is very likely to get integrated into VP following the vote, I'm attaching the integration candidate and would appreciate if people start using that until integration and report any problems. The only change is that you can enable/disable promotion flags from the menu (under Interface Options). It's enabled by default (but will be disabled by default after integration), can only be changed in-game (doesn't show up on the main menu, but will be there after integration). You need to reload your game to see the changes.
I added a token support for non-English languages, mind that I had to work with the text keys already in the game, so do not expect a grammatically correct sentence. That's pretty much it.

Attachments

• Promotion Flags EUI for VP (v 4).zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 127
Is it possible to make the icons bigger and not transparent? These on my scout are barely visible to me.

Attachments

• flag promotions.png
    flag promotions.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 111
This mod is very likely to get integrated into VP following the vote, I'm attaching the integration candidate and would appreciate if people start using that until integration and report any problems. The only change is that you can enable/disable promotion flags from the menu (under Interface Options). It's enabled by default (but will be disabled by default after integration), can only be changed in-game (doesn't show up on the main menu, but will be there after integration). You need to reload your game to see the changes.
I added a token support for non-English languages, mind that I had to work with the text keys already in the game, so do not expect a grammatically correct sentence. That's pretty much it.
Does not work for me in 2.7.3
Edit: Actually works but after several reloads of the game, strange.

Is there anything in this mod that would break multiplayer games?
For example if I'm playing a PBEM (play by email) game with another player who does not have this mod, will there be issues?
I'm a bit leery of the part where you have to reload the game. That doesn't make any sense to me.

@aandrzej
Owing to some technical limitations, the version l linked is actually a lot wonkier than what will be in the new version, be sure to check again with 3.0. In 3.0 you can enable/disable as desired on the main menu, your setting will be cached so you won't need to re-enable with the newer versions, and reloading is only required when you change the setting in game.

@Amask
I don't really know much about MP, but I feel it should be okay. Reloading is required to refresh the graphical interface which doesn't affect MP afaik. I could've make it refresh upon changing the setting, but that'd be more likely to break things.

Has this mod been integrated into 3.1.1? I can no longer activate it; red text says I can't. But in game the promotions don't show as they used to.

Has this mod been integrated into 3.1.1? I can no longer activate it; red text says I can't. But in game the promotions don't show as they used to.
It has been integrated into VP. You can enable it by checking the option in game options, then you have to restart for it to take effect.

To note, the specific options for the promotion flags are now located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(3a) VP - EUI Compatibility Files\LUA\UnitFlagManager.lua (Lines 55 to 59)

local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowUnitFreePromos = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowLeaderTraitPromos = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowForPlayer = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowForOthers = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_MaxPromosToShow = 13

Or whichever corresponding drive/file structure you chose in the VP installation process.

It has been integrated into VP. You can enable it by checking the option in game options, then you have to restart for it to take effect.

To note, the specific options for the promotion flags are now located in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(3a) VP - EUI Compatibility Files\LUA\UnitFlagManager.lua (Lines 55 to 59)

local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowUnitFreePromos = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowLeaderTraitPromos = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowForPlayer = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_ShowForOthers = true
local PromotionFlagsSettings_MaxPromosToShow = 13

Or whichever corresponding drive/file structure you chose in the VP installation process.
Nice! Why is it not enabled by default?

Nice! Why is it not enabled by default?
My guess would be it is from a mod mod and was majority vote of request.

I personally don't use the flags over the units (I set all the options to false) I use it for the rest of the mod mod (I've never been a fan of overhead bars or stuff like that in games)

I'm unable to enable the mods. It says I lack some dependencies (which should be VP and EUI which I think I both have?)

1680370760589.png

Top Bottom