Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

When trying to start a multiplayer game, i got this python error repeated multiple times:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1172, in forceScreenUpdate

File "CvMainInterface", line 1353, in updateScreen

NameError: global name 'RoMOpt' is not defined
ERR: Python function forceScreenUpdate failed, module CvScreensInterface

I'm using SVN 9974 and Interface overhal modmod and custom civilizations modmod. Single player gives no problem.

The icon for the first unit is overlapping with the active unit box in the bottom corner, so I'm unable to select the Stone Thrower in the screenshot:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    397.6 KB · Views: 55
PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5.7
  • SVN compatibility update
  • Moved the globalDefines.xml modifications over to the globalDefinesAlt.xml because the globalDefines.xml kept changing in the SVN all the time.

The hover text over a city gives errors concerning the font when certain units are present, e.g. Police Dogs, it could also depend on the upgrades those units have.
View attachment 491052
Please provide a save so I can properly debug the raw text that is being processed behind the scenes in that tooltip.

PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5.8
  • Terrain damage is now shown in red colored text in the tooltip as it's supposed to.

PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5.9
  • Fixed tooltip bug reported by Snofru1 above. A real "4 hour" head twister that debug process was, but I got it fixed in the end.
Well done!

Well done!
Thanks, what really threw me off was that "</font" part as it isn't in the raw text python gets from the dll, and python didn't add it there either under the text format post-processing code I've written.
I eventually figured out that the .exe added it there due to some text format oddity rule inside the .exe. The exe code probably has some "smart" code meant to fix perceived problems, which instead ruined what I asked the exe to print on screen.

Yes exactly, in French i'm not building in the city screen but in English everything works well.
Thanks ! :)

Yes exactly, in French i'm not building in the city screen but in English everything works well.
Thanks ! :)
Do you get any python errors in the pythonErr.log file?
In the top folder of C2C there should be a shortcut to the folder containing the logs.
To get pop-ups about python errors in-game you can in your %USER%\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini
change this setting from 1 to 0 .
HidePythonExceptions = 0
The pop-ups will tell you what the error was whenever something is written into the PythonErr.log.

In BUG options, under the system tab, you can find an option for the level of python logging to the pythonDbg.log file.
Set it to the "Debug" level.
The pythonDbg.log file can help me understand what happened in code at the time the error occured.
But it is important that you alt+tab out of the game whenever you get a python error message and secure the pythonDbg.log (make a copy of it) file before doing anything else in your game, that way the last lines in the pythonDbg.log file is what happened in code right before the error message popped up.

The screen logging level is not important, I have it set at "Info". It shows python debugging info in the message window right below your research bar.

Top Bottom