Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

sorry... I must've made my last comment while sleeping, I meant inside the Pedia

Is the current version compatible with the newest SVN 9930? I have seen that there is a new GlobalDefines.xml so I didn´t dare to install the Interface Overhaul with it. And well, now I really hate the old design, this ModMod is way better and should really be included in the SVN!
Sorry, it totally slipped my mind that the changes I made in rev. 9929 needs to be in the modmod as well. I'll get an update up real soon.
Is there a way to have a tooltip showing you if you have one of the Resources when say looking at the Culture resources?
I would have to investigate some to answer that question, it's probably possible but may be a bit tricky as the dll/exe is currently responsible for that tooltip.

PPIO v0.5.9.4.4
  • Updated for SVN rev. 9930.
PPIO v0.5.9.4.5
  • Fixed a small error in beastmaster functionality that caused an error to be thrown every time a subdues animal was captured.
The "Victory Screen" is shaping up quite well.

Attachments

• 8800_20180226222848_1.jpg
    8800_20180226222848_1.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 8800_20180227032401_1.jpg
    8800_20180227032401_1.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
PPIO v0.5.9.4.6
  • Here's today's work on the modmod.
  • Victory screen, I'm renaming it to Game Screen, got the "Resolutions" and "Settings" tabs overhauled.
  • Reduced text size overall by the minimum amount it's possible to reduce them with, so 1 point smaller.
I started the game without the modmod and was astounded by how small the text was, I had completely forgotten it was that small, so I though I could reduce the modmods text a bit without deviating from modmod's side goal of making text bigger.

Last edited:
PPIO v0.5.9.4.7
  • Adjusted for SVN rev. 9936
PPIO v0.5.9.4.8
  • Fixed a small python error related to a text message given when star signs promotions are given to the human player.
PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.1
  • Updated for SVN rev. 9952

Last edited:
I may now get a chance to use this. Set up instructions still in the OP?

I may now get a chance to use this. Set up instructions still in the OP?
Cool, its as easy as copying the downloaded files into your Caveman2Cosmos folder.
Feel free to give feedback on stuff you dislike, or on bugs you've found, I do actually value such feedback from you even though we disagree on some matters. ^^

PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.2

• Fixed missing text for the two new gamespeeds.

PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.3
  • Worked some more on the game screen, overhauled the victory tab. It's far from perfect, but it's getting better.

Last edited:
What is the need or reason to have the GlobalDefines.xml in this Interface Mod? Isn't this just duplication?

What is the need or reason to have the GlobalDefines.xml in this Interface Mod? Isn't this just duplication?
The only important thing in there is the change to CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE.
Citiy screen is much more zoomed out from the map than it needs to be without that change.
Did you manage to get the bonuses marked as equipment to show in the Equipment sub category of the pedia?
Yes.

The only important thing in there is the change to CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE.
Citiy screen is much more zoomed out from the map than it needs to be without that change.
I assume that is in the city screen. It was zoomed out so you could place population on the third ring of plots that become available in the modern era.

In the Pedia of The Three Gorges Dam there is no link attached to Power (Gorge).
Is this an issue with all buildings that provide a free building? I'll look into it.

PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5
  • Rewrote the tech conquest code.
    • I plan to make its settings reside in the BUG options, but for now it is in a config file in the top folder of this modmod.
PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5.1
  • Improved the message received when learning techs from conquest.

Last edited:
It´s not a general problem, the pedia of other wonders with free buildings do contain the link, at least the few I have checked.
Figured it out, was a shortcoming in text xml definition for "Provides a free X in every city on the continent" entry, it was never made to have links. This modmod tries to stay away from XML changes, so I'll update the SVN to have links for buildings that has that effect.

Edit: Fix is in the SVN now.

Edit2:
{
PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5.2

• Fixed: Handicaps and Gamespeed settings were off-screen in the last screen of the "Play Now!"/"Play a Scenario" wizard.
}

Edit3:
{
PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5.3

• Fixed python error when entering the city of another player (not your own). -reported by raxo.
}

Edit4:
{
PPIO v0.5.9.4.9.5.4

• Updated for SVN rev. 9967
}

Last edited:
Does this affect the size of save games? I recently started a new game (SVN 9967) with this as I wanted to try some new options and difficulty, and am on 105,500 BC and the size is 3.93mb whereas my old game (SVN 9966) from 16,000 BC was only 3.10mb.

Does this affect the size of save games? I recently started a new game (SVN 9967) with this as I wanted to try some new options and difficulty, and am on 105,500 BC and the size is 3.93mb whereas my old game (SVN 9966) from 16,000 BC was only 3.10mb.
Coincidence... Completely unrelated to this modmod.
Map size, number of units, players, cities on map, promotions on units, etc can increase save file size.
Map size has the biggest impact as it increase all aspects that constitutes the save file.

That may be it. I didn't change map size but I did go from using C2C_PerfectWorld2F to C2C_PlanetGenerator_0_68. Thanks.

Top Bottom