MrSinny

Chieftain
Enjoying to play in locked Eras, mainly the Industrial one for its steampunk aesthetics, I am looking for a way to delay to the next era the appearance change of some units and buildings that take place in this Era and look quite out of place there, namely : the Great General, the Great Admiral, the Caravan and Merchant Ship and the Work Boat and the tile improvement it creates.
Being quite new to modding with only a partial grasping of how Civ V modding works, I was wondering if there would be a tutorial available or someone so kind as to give me pointers to create a mod in this optic. Many thanks in advance for the possible answers !

You can just edit the "Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GlobalDefines.xml" file, specifically "LAST_UNIT_ART_ERA" value. Era names can be found in "Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Eras.xml".
(for vanilla remove "DLC\Expansion2" from the path, for G&K go to "Expansion" instead)

You can just edit the "Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GlobalDefines.xml" file, specifically "LAST_UNIT_ART_ERA" value. Era names can be found in "Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Eras.xml".
(for vanilla remove "DLC\Expansion2" from the path, for G&K go to "Expansion" instead)

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Top Bottom