questioning your faith

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
Zyclen: tell that to the server - maybe it will convert ;)

:lol:

talking about convertions, I've known people who change their religion, would you guys think this is bad?
is bad to change religion? or is because people is weak and lost faith in their god?
maybe my feelings are very strong to my church and I'll never change my beliefs but why you think they do it?
have any of you changed your religion?

Originally posted by Zcylen
talking about convertions, I've known people who change their religion, would you guys think this is bad?
is bad to change religion? or is because people is weak and lost faith in their god?
maybe my feelings are very strong to my church and I'll never change my beliefs but why you think they do it?
have any of you changed your religion?
:confused:
Isn't that already the thread's topic?

To answer my friend's question, the answer is no.

But then, I never put any stock into preists and other nonsense, as if putting on a costume and performing a ritual made you somehow closer to god.

The answers you seek are always there, don't let men (or women) misguide you, people make mistakes, and are subject to all kinds of pettiness.
Faith can be pure, and needs none of that.

Originally posted by meldor

I can not speak for all Christians, however I would urge any that tell you this to read the Bible. This is probably one of the biggest misquotes both in and outside of Chritianity.

The only way into heaven is THROUGH Jesus Christ. You do not have to believe in him to make it. Those who die in Christ (believe in him) are automatically admitted into heaven. All others are judged by him according to the life they lead.

In I Corinthians Jesus himself states that everyone has the law written our their hearts. We all know right from wrong. He farther says that those who are outside the faith will be judged by that law (the one written on their hearts). This is in response to a question to Jesus as to what happens to those who never a exposed to the word of God.

In Revelations, it states that the first to be raised from the dead will be those that dead in the faith. They will be at the right hand of Christ when the rest are raised and judged by Christ.

One small note: It does state that we are also responsible for the knowledge that we have, so the more you know about God and yet do not believe, the harder you will be judged.

BTW, This is not to try and convince you, I just couldn't let these misconseptions continue to be passed around.

Interesting and kind of encouraging. I have lost count of the number of times have been told I shall burn in hell because I do not believe - if Jesus really said that non-believers will be judged by their actions, then that kills off one of my great objections! I have to tell you Meldor, that is an achievement ;)

The only problem I have left is, if someone commits truly evil acts and then repents and 'comes to Jesus' does he get let off? I suppose an all-powerful deity can tell if the repentance is genuine and therefore fry the dissemblers.....

the only problem i have with some christians
is that you interpret the bible for us.
you don't "quote" and then explain how you see it.
you say....yadayadayada and thats what the bible says on it.
i think i can read just fine.
wheres the scripture referance what does it actually say.
and then do you know what it said in the greek
and how sometimes the translations differ on what the greek words mean.
im not disputing what you say could be true..
but this is the problem i have with a lot of believers ..
and not just christians..... moslems do the same ...
as do mormons with their books.......
if i was a dumb snot who couldn't read ... i might need the help.
if i have to have help understanding then maybe there
is need to question

As long as you remember to confess on your death bed then you will recieve automatic entrance to heaven?

Not a bad idea, but what about Saddam, Osama, and GWB? Can they still repent and get in free? :lol:

As much as I suspect Christianity to be wholly wrong about many things, I am happy in the knowledge that if they are right I will at least be judged on how I live my life, even as an unbeliever.

I still find it shocking that anyone who believes in Christ can get in though. It means they can be evil, as many Christians already are. Of course, in the USA you should be familiar with 'evil' Christians as lots of Priests have been exposed as kiddie-fiddlers.

Originally posted by anarres

Not a bad idea, but what about Saddam, Osama, and GWB? Can they still repent and get in free? :lol:

that remined me DBZ, after goku and zell died, they were still fighting in the other world.
:crazyeye:

I was baptized, but I've always hated all religions equally.

Born and raised Catholic. Sometimes I come into doubt about the existance of God, but I always come out of it. Whether its flawed logic or not, I can still see instances in life where I think - there is a God. I don't see myself converting, ever. And, even when I look at other religions, Catholicism makes the most sense to me. Especially after reading C. S. Lewis. Something about a divine creator just makes sense to me. Sure, it is impossible to prove His existance - but what would religion be if it relied on evidence?

science, maybe

Top Bottom