Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

I read alot in this Forum to better my game. But I can't figure out the fail gold thing for multiple cities. I have stock BTS and the game doesn't seem to allow me to build a WW or National Wonder in more than one city at a time. Is this a limitation of stock BTS for which I would need to download a Mod? Or am I just missing something? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Thanks. And welcome back, Knoedel! We've got PBEM game going on, remember? Phylhom send you a file month ago and I haven't seen e-mail from either of you since then.

What the- Stupid forum, I replied to this post already days ago! Are you sure the turn is stuck with me though?

I read alot in this Forum to better my game. But I can't figure out the fail gold thing for multiple cities. I have stock BTS and the game doesn't seem to allow me to build a WW or National Wonder in more than one city at a time. Is this a limitation of stock BTS for which I would need to download a Mod? Or am I just missing something? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

You have to take the wonder in question out of the build queue. You can't built the same wonder in different cities in a single turn, but what you can do is build the wonder in one city for a few turns, then build it in another city for a few turns and so on.

What the- Stupid forum, I replied to this post already days ago! Are you sure the turn is stuck with me though?
Last e-mail I see from you in my inbox is from 2 months ago (26.8.2016). Since then I got mail from Phylhom. After couple+ of weeks... frakkin' MONTH I checked that mail and noticed he did not send it to you. I pointed it out and he send it again, this time to your address also on 27.9.2016. Since then I have not got mail from either of you.

Last edited:

You can't build them in more than one city at a time. What you can do is build a NW/WW in one city, remove it from the build queue, start building it in another city, remove it from that city's queue, etc. Eventually you could have it almost built in multiple cities. When it is built (in one of your cities for a NW, or in any city for a WW), you then get the failgold for all the partially completed NW/WW remaining.

Some questions about permanent alliances (“PA’s”)

I’ve never seen a PA with more than 2 members. Can a PA include 3 or more AIs?

Can a PA be ended in any way other than the elimination of one of the members?

I see that with PAs, beaker output is added together and the PA members research in tandem, and the same for espionage (and espionage points allocated against PA members). What about culture? Does one of the two need 3 cities>50K culture to win, or do they just need 3 cities>50K between them?

If the PA launches a spacecraft, do I need to take down both their capitals to stop it?

Are there any hidden modifiers to other AI attitudes towards PA members (the way there are for civs with vassals)?

Any other insights would be welcome. I’m in a war with 2 AIs in a PA that totals 60 cities, and the top researching AI just joined them in DOWing me. If that AI joins the other 2 in a PA and pools its research with theirs, my path to victory gets quite murky.

I don't know the answer to all the PA questions, but PA's can only have 2 members and they are locked in once started. So one would have to be eliminated. For culture VC, you just need 3 L cities among the 2 PA partners.

No clue on the space ship

Been a while, but I thought PA diplo effect was mutually exclusive ..could be wrong

What is size of the map in Civ 4 (Vanilla, Wardlords, BtS)? I mean normal/standard settings. Is any place to see this infomration? I also would like to know these sizes for small/huge maps and the same for others Civs (from 1 to 6). By some reasons there are so few information on it.

google "civ IV map sizes" and you'll find several related things. Sirian appeared to be involved in Civ IV map creation and has some interesting stuff, but his Civ IV link has not been put back up yet. Interesting stuff in the 2k forums, with stuff on the other games.

And the number of tiles also depends on map type. Does not depend on number of civs.

Huge total (all tiles) I think was 80x120?! I have seen these numbers under some of custom world generator settings but can't remember exact numbers :) But number of land tiles can be really different. Huge heavy land map type can have 3000+ land tiles while Archipelago Archip version with High sea level just ~1450, TIny Islands version (most cities per land tiles map version) even just ~1250 land tiles (world size the same).

OK, this is embarrassing: I forgot how to edit the number of AIs I can have on a map!
I do not mean how to add or remove AIs when I start a game, but how to make it possible, e.g., to play with 18 civs on a tiny map.

yeah, I know: I of all people here should remember *sigh*

Last edited:
You can add/take-off AIs with Custom game (and just add/take-off from "slots"):)
Also it is possible to edit default number of civs under certain map size (in xml file) :D I made it so that Huge map always start with 17 AI...

.... but this is - thank you very much! :)
now if only I can find that XML file ;)
Okay, this is under Assets/XML/Game Info/WorldInfo file, line under certain map size - idefaultplayers<number> (its 18 if want 17 AI players, 5 if want 4 AI etc)

If I build Sistine Chapel while I have Free Religion (I got the religion civics wonder), do I get +5 culture from all religion buildings or from none? And more in general, does the bonus apply to the city the Sistine Chapel is built in only, or to all cities?

That bonus requires a State Religion, so no, Free Religion nulls the bonus. Bonus applies to builds in cities with your State Religion present.

Hi. I want to Build Farm on Neutral Land. So, I searched *.XML-files to change . But, I can't find any-tag about Territory,,,,Domination,,,,, ETC.
Someone know about it ,Please, tell me where 'XML or any other file' linked to territory.

Last edited:
No clue on the space ship
From own experience : if your ally or you looses its capital the allied spaceship is destroyed if it's already underway to alpha centauri.
I'm not 100% sure, but for a cultural victory one player needs to have 3 legendary cities, not a team.
Relationships towards other leaders is the same as having vassals.
And there's some bug when creating a PA and being at war with a ghost civ caused by the AP war resolution or something like that. I've created a post years ago about it and DanF explained exactly what has happened.
Here's the link about creating a ghost civ when 2 players joining a PA + an active AP : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ap-war-resolutions.497929/

Last edited:
Top Bottom