• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Some noob questions about wars:

o If an AI Civ asks me to help them in war, and I say yes, are there any expectations that I actually DO anything? Does the level of my involvement in the war impact their rating of me? Clearly, there are diplomatic implications for the war, but what If I say yes, then withhold troops.
Yes, but keep in mind that the civ you declared war on will come after YOU.
1) Is signing an "open borders" agreement useful in improving relations in the early game?

2) I have full combat animation turned on. During the midst of battle involving large stacks, obviously it's gonna take quite a while for the battle to resolve. Is there a short cut which I can enter during the combat phase which will jump to the end result?

1) The bonus for Open Borders can take a while to kick in, so you may want to do that early.
2) No, sorry.

oops double post

Yes, but keep in mind that the civ you declared war on will come after YOU.

However, if you don't have a common border with your new enemy and the AI in between is either at war with them or does not have open borders with them, the enemy AI will attack the AI in between in the first case and leave you alone in the second. Of course, you can also bribe the one in between to either join the war or cancel open borders, if appropriate.

How do I advance the songs while I'm playing. Rather than using Ctrl-M just to shut off the songs?

thanks.

I want to take a blank map (downloaded from this site) and add the civs of my choosing in the starting locations of my choice.

I could just choose the Civs by starting a "Custom Game."

But I don't know how to set up the starting locations for each civ. Do I have to go into the Map file (using Notepad) and edit the starting locations there? I would rather do it in the World Builder.

So can I set starting locations for each Civ's units in the World Builder? If so, how?

How would I connect my new city on a new continent to my capital via trade network? I am on BTS dont know if its any different...

I already have Astronomy...

How do I:

1. Get a larger resource icon to show up on the map so I can know what the resource is without having to mouse over it?

2. Get the grid layout in between squares so I know where one square begins and ends?

Thanks!

How would I connect my new city on a new continent to my capital via trade network? I am on BTS dont know if its any different...

I already have Astronomy...

As long as you have astronomy and an explored route, any coastal cities on the two continents will have trade network connections.

How do I:

1. Get a larger resource icon to show up on the map so I can know what the resource is without having to mouse over it?

2. Get the grid layout in between squares so I know where one square begins and ends?

Thanks!

1. Ctrl + R
  2. Ctrl + T

I wish though would make the grid the default, instead of having to turn it on every time I go to play or re-load. Does anyone play without the grid? I am sure sometimes, its cool to turn if off and look at the awesome graphics without those lines, but for turn by turn gameplay, the grid seems almost essential.

> Does anyone play without the grid?

Mostly, I leave the grid off. My mental visualization of space is pretty good, so I don't need the grid. Rarely, I turn it on briefly, usually when deciding whether or not to add a city in open space between others of mine. I like the look without the grid better.

I know this has been asked before but I can't find how to do it. Could someone give a few details more? I want to change what it says under my name when I post a message. I went to the "My Account" area and looked at all the choices, including "Edit Profile". I could not find where to change what it says. I have now posted more than 30 messages and I have been on here for over a year, so I know I qualify, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out.

been seaching this forum for a while and can't find this answered:

Can I install Warlords after BTS 3.13?

thanks for the quick reply!

Been wanting to play some Total Realism again.

How can I force AI to join a permament alliance? In a world builder I can only see a switch between war or peace. I am playing Beyond the sword Road to war scenario and somehow, maybe because of a bug, East Balkans did not join Germany and Italy in the axis team, when it should by a scenario.

rantzzz:

1. Yes, but the trade benefit is even more of a life-saver.

2. Simplified combat in options?

Top Bottom