Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Yup, using BUG. I've never bothered to open the WB before, so I have no clue if an old Vanilla or Warlords game had these in it.

Playing BtS 3.19 straight up with BUG and Blue Marble as the only mods involved.

Looks like this got lost in the chaff. Red Circles in WB? Anybody? See my post above (and bestbrian's too!)
Thanks

I'm not sure about those...
Last time I saw one it was at the original unit-spawning tile(s). Perhaps that's all its indicating?

1. Where can I see how many cities I. Have? I'm getting tired of counting them up from the Domestic Advisor window whenever I need to calculate how many defensive units I need...

2. Is it possible to airlift missionaries?

1) I don't think there is a number anywhere. If there was one it may be on the expenses screen?

2) You can airlift any land unit that hasn't moved. You can airlift once only from each airport, and can only airlift once to each city, unless the city being airlifted to has an airport (then you can airlift as many in as you are able to).

The only time buildings get destroyed is when there is a forcible take over in that city, many buildings will be wiped out but some (including great wonders) will survive. As far as the power plants are concerned if you build a "cleaner" plant it will take over the old one. The old one will still show up but you won't get any of it's effects, good or bad. So if you have coal, and build a hydro you'll get the benefits of the new hydro, the coal will still be there, it just won't do anything. Cities pay maintainence, not buildings so there's no reason to delete the old building.

1. Where can I see how many cities I. Have? I'm getting tired of counting them up from the Domestic Advisor window whenever I need to calculate how many defensive units I need...

If you download the BUG mod you can get a ton of information that isn't readily available, but is out there. It doesn't change anything about game play, but makes the interface much cleaner, and puts MASSIVE amounts of information at your fingertips. As an example, your number of cities, and the opponents, all appear right on the main interface. You can find this in the Download section here. Easy to install, and real easy to use, and doesn't change the game in any way.

When do the barracks obsolete? Because in in late game, when I build Marines/Paratroopers/Infantry, I can give tem 2 promotions.

When do the barracks obsolete? Because in in late game, when I build Marines/Paratroopers/Infantry, I can give tem 2 promotions.
Barracks never become obsolete, because war never goes out of style. War is the new black, baby.

If you download the BUG mod you can get a ton of information that isn't readily available, but is out there. It doesn't change anything about game play, but makes the interface much cleaner, and puts MASSIVE amounts of information at your fingertips. As an example, your number of cities, and the opponents, all appear right on the main interface. You can find this in the Download section here. Easy to install, and real easy to use, and doesn't change the game in any way.

Sounds perfect! Do you know of a similar mod for the basic Civ IV? I don't play any of the expansions atm. I'm having a hard time finding one.

I have a few random questions.
- if a medic has the march promotion will it heal all units in the tile while moving (even if they dont have march), or just the medic?
- Does the SDI only work within the civs borders? Like if an enemy with the SDI has a stack of doom in my borders can I nuke it without the interception chance? what about neutral territory?

if a medic has the march promotion will it heal all units in the tile while moving (even if they dont have march), or just the medic?

Very much seconded. The Pedia is vague about this and anytime this information is useful (big ol' war) I'm too busy to check on which units are more healed than last turn.

March only works on the unit which has it.

Not sure about SDI - I think it applies whenever you nuke any of the SDI owner's land/units.

I have a few random questions.
- if a medic has the march promotion will it heal all units in the tile while moving (even if they dont have march), or just the medic?
- Does the SDI only work within the civs borders? Like if an enemy with the SDI has a stack of doom in my borders can I nuke it without the interception chance? what about neutral territory?
1) No, march only effects the unit its given to and is rarely of any great value.
2) Not 100% sure but I think SDI defends your troops everywhere, unfortunately I don't know how to give an SDI to someone on worldbuilder to test it. If your playing BTS use tactical nukes instead, they have a big chance to evade interception and are twice as powerful for their cost.

It's unlocked by medic I, which you get for free if you ever get around to building the Red Cross, so it has that going for it.

It's unlocked by medic I, which you get for free if you ever get around to building the Red Cross, so it has that going for it.

Well, yeah, but you'd normally have to turn down Medic II to get it, right? Unless you're saying to give your whole invading army March after you build Red Cross, so they can keep moving, it doesn't seem very useful.

What happens if you click the "Lead as Warlord" on the screen when you have a Great General?

What happens if you click the "Lead as Warlord" on the screen when you have a Great General?

The unit that is selected as Warlord gets access to some promos that are not available to non-Warlord units. Such as Medic III, Morale, Tactics, etc. Most players make their first warlord a Super medic with Combat I and Medic I, II, and III. I don't advocate creating more than one or two warlords as super medics. The rest of my GG's go into my military city to give +2 XP's to every unit created after.

ParadigmShifter was generous to Medic II. It is extremely lame. Only useful because it allows Medic III on a Warlord. btw your Supermedic shouldn't fight and shouldn't ever be almost the strongest unit in a stack in case of counterattack - you don't want him killed.

Top Bottom