Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Guys, I need help.

Everytime I start a new game on huge map, there are about four or five big continents with plenty of resources which are empty. No matter how many AI I select, we all start out on the same continent. It stinks. STINKS

Guys, I need help.

Everytime I start a new game on huge map, there are about four or five big continents with plenty of resources which are empty. No matter how many AI I select, we all start out on the same continent. It stinks. STINKS

do you play terra? (in this case it's designed to be so)

It never happened to me playing continents.

Is the Alexander scenario supposed to be very boring and easy? Or did that just happen?

I don't know if it is designed to be but I know it is boring.
Easy? Well I won easily at noble level, and never tried at a higher level, the boredom would just kill me :lol:

If someone is forced to convert as a term of surrender, can they reconvert again after the standard cooling off period between revolutions?
yes!
So it's not really a good move. The good thing is you can spread your religion to them if you want.

If possible, some Civs prefer to run Theocracy all day everyday, get them to convert to your religion and spread it before he can convert back. If it spreads fast enough or becomes dominant the Civ may not convert back at all and you get teh borthers in faith diplo bonus.

If possible, some Civs prefer to run Theocracy all day everyday, get them to convert to your religion and spread it before he can convert back. If it spreads fast enough or becomes dominant the Civ may not convert back at all and you get teh borthers in faith diplo bonus.
If they're converting as a result a surrender though, it's unlikely you'd get the Open Borders necessary to allow your missionaries in to spread the religion. ;)

What to do against a too crowded city?

In cities Ive "people" who refuses to work because it is just too crowded. What to do against it?
There are a number of things you can do to fight unhappiness in your cities. The first few methods involve increasing the number of happy citizens so they outnumber unhappy ones:

• Religion: adopting a state religion and gives you +1 happy citizen in each city.
  • Buildings: various buildings such as temples and theatres give you happy citizens.
  • Civics: some civics, such as representation and nationhood, add happy citizens to your cities.
  • Resources: several luxury resources such as gold, whales, silk, and so on make citizens happy. And several buildings (such as forges and markets) increase their effectiveness in this regard.
  • Culture: culture makes citizens happier; you can increase culture by using the culture slider, which becomes available with the discovery of drama.
  • Peace: If you're at war, make peace, and the unhappiness created by war weariness will disappear.

Of course, there are other ways to deal with unhappiness.

• Stagnation: reassign tiles worked by citizens so the city will not grow to the point where it's unhappy.
  • Slavery: whip away unhappy citizens to finish builds. Usually you need to whip away the number of unhappy citizens +1 for this to be effective, because whipping will give you +1 unhappy citizen for several turns.
  • Starvation: let the unhappy citizens, who are consuming food without growing any, die off.

You can also just ignore the unhappy citizens, though this means the city is not running optimally, especially the more unhappy citizens there are.
how do you get those sayings and other things to pop below your messages without typing them evry time
Use the link marked "User CP", above, and change your signature.

The Master enjoys freedom of movement in his Vassals territory, open borders allows him into yours (and I think it then enables trade routes with vassal as well).

You're talking capitulation, we just meant a peace treaty with harsh terms. I couldn't care less what religion my vassals are, they'll never like me and I'll never need them to.

Hello,

I have a very noobish question: How do you use your gold/money to buy/rush unit production in Civ4? I know there was a way to do this in previous CIVs, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, excuse my English is so badly which I "babelfish" to the assistance take. If I understood correctly you need you the korekten systems of government around slavery or however moneyrush to use. Greeting dud

Hello,

I have a very noobish question: How do you use your gold/money to buy/rush unit production in Civ4? I know there was a way to do this in previous CIVs, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Gold-rushing is only possible if you run the Universal Suffrage civic (requires you to have researched Democracy). The gold-rush button is below the DRAFT button.

Property also one asks in own thing.

Is it to be affected or predicted possible the movement of the Barbaen? if how?

No, unfortunately it does not what I meant am whether I as in civ3, which can affect barbarians with movement or units. If I place e.g. a unit here or there, the barbarians run in such a way or in such a way.

Are there laptops that Civ IV will play correctly.

It seems the problem is the built in video drivers but I am not sure. We have 3 Laptops but none of the work and as far as I know I can update the video in a Laptop.

Are there laptops that Civ IV will play correctly.

It seems the problem is the built in video drivers but I am not sure. We have 3 Laptops but none of the work and as far as I know I can update the video in a Laptop.

After updating the drivers on the video card, the BIOS and everything else, my year old Dell Inspiron 6000 with ATI 128mb graphics card plays it fine at medium graphics. It took a long time to hunt down all the proper driver updates though, and I'm still not sure which one fixed the initialization problem.

Gold-rushing is only possible if you run the Universal Suffrage civic (requires you to have researched Democracy). The gold-rush button is below the DRAFT button.

What exactly is the "Univeral Suffrage civic?" I have researched/learned Democracy, but I still don't see an option to rush unit production.

What exactly is the "Univeral Suffrage civic?" I have researched/learned Democracy, but I still don't see an option to rush unit production.

First, have you switched to Universal Suffarage as a civic? If you don't know what I mean, hit F3 in the game, and it will bring up the civics screen. On this screen you need to select one from box 1, one from box 2, one from box 3, one from box 4, one from box 5. Available civic options have icon beside the name. If the icon is missing you lack the technology for that civic option. Now, make sure Universal Sufferage in box 1 is selected. You may need to switch to it.

Once the anarchy period is over, you should have the option to now rush units with cash. Open up the city screen. In the bottom center of the screen is where you select what you want to build. Immediately to the right of this box 8 little buttons all grouped together. The upper right button (has an up arrow and coins on it I think) is the option to rush production using cash. If you have enough money, you can rush items.

Top Bottom