Quick Modding Questions Thread

Thanks to all for the precise answers ;)

So, doing it via SDK would not be a heavy load, unless I mess with Python. Good news. :)

But there's the Wonder thing I did not take into account...

About hit-and-run tactics, point is simple, first you have to hit, then you run (adding withdrawal as a promotion?)

I'm 100% agree about the problem with the initial part of the game, but I suppose this is beyond the abilities of a wanna-be starter, isn't it? ;)

What about this one:

the creation of a "land transport" unit with good movement and no combat value

Is there any way to get Barbarians to appear more often? (I am running raging barbarians, and am disappointed by the low quantity of nomads. I already increased their quality by letting them build better units)

You can make some event for that or edit existing events.

Creating a land transport should be fairly easy (look at CIV4UnitInfos and at CIV4UnitClassInfos in the XML) and plausible.

I wonder if there is any thing that one may add that is easy and the AI can handle, besides cosmetic ones.

How exactly do you change the tech requirements for improvements like Cottages?

The tech prereqs for improvemetns are actually on the build for it, not the improvement itself. Look at CIV4BuildInfos.xml in the XML/Units folder.

I wonder if there is any thing that one may add that is easy and the AI can handle, besides cosmetic ones.

the eternal question of the low level modder....but you would need to be more specific..the way I do it is to simply have an integrated unit with transportation, but this would return you to the regular bts move/attack system which you were trying to avoid..

I have 2 issues that I am trying to solve.. they are kind of tech supprot issues but also kind of modding.

1. For some reason my Civ game is no longer registering and using my Configuration settings from My Documents... Any idea how I could fix this.
EDIT: Ok I found the problem with this, I had to change the bts config file which was in another place...

2. Something has gone wrong with my mod, I recently did a pretty intense merge and now my User Interface in the map/game screen has vanished.. I know the merge stuff works, because someone else is using it fine, so it must have been something that I have accidentally broken, my question is what can people think of that might cause the Interface to disappear?!?
EDIT: Now I have got python errors back I can figure out what I did wrong with this :D

I've been very specific, but the answers have been what they are. I can only come to this conclusion.

At least my idea for a mod of the gameplay cannot be easily achieved, which is fair.

Problem is I have no interest in vanity things, which is fair too.

I am played some mod with barbarians earlier but i can't remember name of that mod. All barbarian cities became united and create new random civilization. Do some one know name of that mod/mod component?

BarbarianCiv?

Mostly, but not entirely. I think the function to create a new player is missing in default bts, and that's why the python version of BarbarianCiv had to kill some players to make room.

Nope, there is python for that.
It is just that you need a slot to add a new player, well obviously you cannot add a player if all slots are taken.

Revolutions (SDK, Python, XML) Authors write infos about their concept. I am already used The_J civil war this is just optional but it's interesting. All their components are modificated with SDK.

What size does the main menu background have to be? I know I need to convert it into a .dds, but I can't seem to remember the size.

Top Bottom