1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Only exception to "just DOW a single CS" is where the CS is an ally of an AI civ that you DOW (or that DOWs you) -- those situations do not generate the "multi-CS-DOW" malus.

2. clearbeard

clearbeard King

Or, you know, play Mongolia and eat them all for lunch. Nom nom nom.

3. mokyo24

mokyo24 Warlord

If a Citadel is pillaged, would it stop granting it's defensive bonus, as well as stop dealing damage? I was playing a peaceful game as Korea and totally forgot about my neighbor Shaka. After wiping out Carthage he kinda went quiet for some time but then surprised me by propping up a Citadel right inside the CS that is acting as a buffer between his city and my Capital.

4. Browd

A pillaged citadel provides no defensive bonus and deals no attrition damage. Once repaired, of course, it will be back in business.

5. beetle

beetle Deity

That is a good option too!

Yes and yes. Of course, you cannot pillage without being at war. Shaka will prolly steam roll the CS, on his way to attacking you, so be prepared.

I love it when I can repeatedly liberate a CS between me an AI. Each time the AI loses multiple units, and you get a space buffer good for a turn or two, but the citadel makes this much less effective (since it shrunk the CS territory). If the citadel is right up against the city, the CS will own it when you liberate them. Make sure you are liberating the CS with a unit that can move after attacking. Capturing a citadel with your own GG is also a useful trick if you can pull it off.

6. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

Is there a mod which improves game speed?

7. Pali333

Pali333 Chieftain

Hi guys,

I want to ask if there is some mod or anything alike which will allow me to manually choose in which area of the map my Civ is going to start when I am setting up a game. EG. when I want to play for Japan I want to start in Japan not in South Africa etc. . I know there is an option for not assigning Civs into certain locations on the map for random start but I do not have it checked in advanced options.

I would be very greatful for every reply.

8. Yamato

Yamato Warlord

Which version of Civ 5 should I buy? The Gold Edition or Brave New World?
    Or, is what is in the Gold Edition already included in the later expansion Brave New World?

9. B0lters

B0lters Chieftain

Buy Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete Edition. This includes everything and provides you with the best possible Civilization V experience you can get :)

10. Pirate334

Pirate334 Chieftain

I have been a bit aggressive with city-states (taking their workers then making peace) lately and now the resting point with a few of them has gone to -20. Does this go away over time? Will the resting point eventually change to 0 again?

11. Browd

12. stunnerwhat316

stunnerwhat316 Chieftain

How do I bring up the Victory Map replay when I want to see it?

I won a domination victory a few turns ago but want to see the replay again.

Thx

13. Heart Break Kid

Heart Break Kid Warlord

Does denouncing a civilization before declaring war on them help negate some of the warmonger penalty? If not, what is the point of denouncing?

14. Luis_Ah_Hoy

Luis_Ah_Hoy Chieftain

In which site do you recommend buying the digital version of this?

I'm asking, because I'm pretty much unexperienced at buying online. It will be my first online purchase actually.

15. sun8119

sun8119 Warlord

16. Peter Sagan

Peter Sagan Warlord

Does annexing a city only slows down the generation of GP in the annexed city or in the whole empire? I usually go for a SV or CV so it's really difficult to know when to puppet or when to annex a caputered capital when going for Domination..

17. Browd

No, it does not.

18. jzoker

jzoker Chieftain

hi. im newbie. i want adjust happiness bonuses of deity , and i find setting in CIV5HandicapInfos.xml in asset folder. but i change the value AIUnhappinessPercent under handicap_deity and it doesnt work,AI bonuses still same. anyone can show me how to adjust this setting ? thank
    i can do it easy in first civ5 , but now in brave new world it doesnt work .why:confused:

19. TKP

TKP Chieftain

Hi, I just want to find out if there is anything like CivAssist II for Civ5?

20. chuckh89

chuckh89 Prince

If I settle ON a Masonry Resource (and have Masonry Tech.), do I get the % toward Wonder production??